Page 935 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 435835885925931932933934935936937938939945985 ... LastLast
Results 14,011 to 14,025 of 15150
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I can accept Jason being the one who didn’t heal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I can accept Jason being the one who didn’t heal at all.
    I think that's the general consensuses, here's hoping Johns thinks so too.

Also for anyone interested, the process video for that couples selfie with Jason and Artemis
    It's interesting to see all the different changes Dexter makes throughout the sketch, the pose becomes softer and more gentle as it goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I think that's the general consensuses, here's hoping Johns thinks so too.

Also for anyone interested, the process video for that couples selfie with Jason and Artemis
    It's interesting to see all the different changes Dexter makes throughout the sketch, the pose becomes softer and more gentle as it goes on.
    It's hot. And educational as well as it reminds me to be patient with my sketch until I get the result I want. Too many times I got stuck in the later stages just because I rushed the sketching part.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Writing and direction taste regardless, I can understand the concern because so far Jason has been established as moving on from the Joker, he's been working with the family, he has friends, he's a lot healthier mentally and emotionally, so if this story's purpose is to bring him back to Under The Red Hood, reexamining them, or defining that he's the one who heal wrong, it will undo all that healthy progression.

However, I also think that road is already taken. Jason is now going solo, right after The Three Jokers story was announced. That doesn't look like a coincidence to me. Lobdell on his own writes a Jason who moves on, but he also a writer who will follow editorial direction. So it looks like this solo run is prepping him to lead to that point.
    It is actually a coincidence. Lobdell has been pitching the idea of Jason going solo for a while now simply because he was getting burned out of writing a team. The whole thing with the Three Jokers is something that came after the fact.

That said, the biggest issue with Johns is his tendency of writing characters as he thinks is the "iconic" version of the character , with little regard to the way they've been handled by other writers in the past. And everything so far seems to indicate that for Johns, Jason is the slightly deranged ass from UtRH.

Red Him and Red Her finally get B to rest after a long day.

If we take this tweet at face value, so much for King acknowledging RHATO's events.

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1048599265398968325

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Crazy though right now. I don't know if you guys know the Discworld novels by Terry Pratchett. But damn, wouldn't it be great if Willis ends like some kind of neutral character like the Patrician of Ankh Morpork (but instead of lawful neutral, true neutral, to Jason's current chaotic good, instead of Vimes lawful good).

Ok, it doesn't make a lot of sense, but the thought just crossed my mind and I cannot unthink it .
    In which volume does the Patrician of Ankh Morpork appear? I only read the first one - and that's a while ago.
    My theory so far is that Willis is the one behind the Henchmen app with the purpose to help small-time criminals, who are forced to do dirty jobs because of bad circumstances, to find the "safest" crime lord to work for - so that they don't have to suffer the same fate as he did. He could also use the app to gather information from former henchmen about all the crime lords and use the information later if necessary.

What kind of alignment would that be?

But I fear, Willis is a villain. He seemed nice in his confrontation with Ma Gunn - but not so when he met Bizarro in the bar. His different faces make me wonder if he could have some kind of split personality as the result of the experiments done on him. If he has some mental issues I hope that they can be healed by S'aru or someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    If we take this tweet at face value, so much for King acknowledging RHATO's events.

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1048599265398968325
    Pfff ha... Whatever. I'm not reading Batman.
    Could be that Jason shot him in other place in the end. Could be that he gained a cybernetic eye. Could be that they're really disregarding other author's work. I honestly don't care. And it seems that a lot of readers are aware of what happened in RHATO, so, eh... It's like looking at rainfail at this point. I'm honestly only looking for stand alone issues in Batman's run, at this point, and enjoy myself. Those tend to be quite good, actually.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    It is actually a coincidence. Lobdell has been pitching the idea of Jason going solo for a while now simply because he was getting burned out of writing a team. The whole thing with the Three Jokers is something that came after the fact.

That said, the biggest issue with Johns is his tendency of writing characters as he thinks is the "iconic" version of the character , with little regard to the way they've been handled by other writers in the past. And everything so far seems to indicate that for Johns, Jason is the slightly deranged ass from UtRH.
    Ah ok then. It's just such an extreme difference that it feels like editorial interference.

He does do that. The Superboy being Superman and Lex clone was his idea and changed the character is the most memorable example to me.

Pfff ha... Whatever. I'm not reading Batman.
    Could be that Jason shot him in another place in the end. Could be that he gained a cybernetic eye. Could be that they're really disregarding other author's work. I honestly don't care. And it seems that a lot of readers are aware of what happened in RHATO, so, eh... It's like looking at rainfail at this point. I'm honestly only looking for stand alone issues in Batman's run, at this point, and enjoy myself. Those tend to be quite good, actually.
    I think that's a flashback since in the other preview we saw Penguin wearing an eyepatch when he returned to Iceberg Lounge.

Usually, when King and Janin go full camp like that, in this case using weaponized umbrella and penguins in a one on one fight, it's usually fanservice flashback. Like how they made flashback Catwoman wearing all her classic costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    In which volume does the Patrician of Ankh Morpork appear? I only read the first one - and that's a while ago.
    Lord Vetinari is a supporting character in all of the City Watch books. These include:
    - Guards! Guards?
    - Men at Arms
    - Feet of Clay
    - Jingo (here he's actually a protagonist alongside Vimes)
    - The Fifth Elephant
    - Night Watch
    - Thud!

As well as other books outside those, because, well, he's the one who really rules the city. Think of Littlefinger in A Song of Ice and Fire; but more like Varys, because he really works for the City, and not just himself (even if he's the city. Quoting Pratchett: "Ankh-Morpork had dallied with many forms of government and had ended up with that form of democracy known as One Man, One Vote. The Patrician was the Man; he had the Vote". Such a plotter; has most of the characters in his hand and they don't realize most of the time.

My theory so far is that Willis is the one behind the Henchmen app with the purpose to help small-time criminals, who are forced to do dirty jobs because of bad circumstances, to find the "safest" crime lord to work for - so that they don't have to suffer the same fate as he did. He could also use the app to gather information from former henchmen about all the crime lords and use the information later if necessary.

What kind of alignment would that be?
    True Neutral, probably, towards chaotic. He'd be working within the system at times, sometimes for himself, sometimes for other, with a light gray moral behind. A bit lighter than what I was thinking about.

But I fear, Willis is a villain. He seemed nice in his confrontation with Ma Gunn - but not so when he met Bizarro in the bar. His different faces make me wonder if he could have some kind of split personality as the result of the experiments done on him. If he has some mental issues I hope that they can be healed by S'aru or someone else.
    Could be. But I don't think he has a personality disorder. He probably is just a very motivated plotter, a mean one with those he dislikes (not unlike Jason), but way more cold than his son. He doesn't seem like a good person, so even if he cares for his son and family, I suspect he has no qualms about using both for his plots in mean ways (and of course the other outlaws), even if the end is, well, not a very bad one.

He was mad at Biz because he was ruining his plot, probably.

We have seem so little from him, I cannot wait until we get to know more.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Ah ok then. It's just such an extreme difference that it feels like editorial interference.

He does do that. The Superboy being Superman and Lex clone was his idea and changed the character is the most memorable example to me.

I think that's a flashback since in the other preview we saw Penguin wearing an eyepatch when he returned to Iceberg Lounge.

Usually, when King and Janin go full camp like that, in this case using weaponized umbrella and penguins in a one on one fight, it's usually fanservice flashback. Like how they made flashback Catwoman wearing all her classic costumes.
    A flashback, right. I totally forgot it could be a flashback. Good point.

Lord Vetinari is a supporting character in all of the City Watch books. These include:
    - Guards! Guards?
    - Men at Arms
    - Feet of Clay
    - Jingo (here he's actually a protagonist alongside Vimes)
    - The Fifth Elephant
    - Night Watch
    - Thud!

As well as other books outside those, because, well, he's the one who really rules the city. Think of Littlefinger in A Song of Ice and Fire; but more like Varys, because he really works for the City, and not just himself (even if he's the city. Quoting Pratchett: "Ankh-Morpork had dallied with many forms of government and had ended up with that form of democracy known as One Man, One Vote. The Patrician was the Man; he had the Vote". Such a plotter; has most of the characters in his hand and they don't realize most of the time.

True Neutral, probably, towards chaotic. He'd be working within the system at times, sometimes for himself, sometimes for other, with a light gray moral behind. A bit lighter than what I was thinking about.

Could be. But I don't think he has a personality disorder. He probably is just a very motivated plotter, a mean one with those he dislikes (not unlike Jason), but way more cold than his son. He doesn't seem like a good person, so even if he cares for his son and family, I suspect he has no qualms about using both for his plots in mean ways (and of course the other outlaws), even if the end is, well, not a very bad one.

He was mad at Biz because he was ruining his plot, probably.

We have seem so little from him, I cannot wait until we get to know more.
    Though, he does seem to like Artemis, from what little we saw of that.

For a lighter note, the Outlaws decide to play catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Though, he does seem to like Artemis, from what little we saw of that.

For a lighter note, the Outlaws decide to play catch.

Ah, ah, I'm laughing my ass off.

Yeah, he seems to like Artemis. Maybe because Jason likes her; maybe because he likes bold women (like Catherine apparently was). I really, really, really cannot wait to see more about Willis and, of course, Art and Biz.

“If Arkham Asylum is a metaphor for evil, killing Robins is a metaphor for bad writing,” King said, throwing shade but quickly backing off and explaining his own joke. “What am I doing taking the piss out of Jim Starlin. He was helicopter pilot in Vietnam and could kick my ass.” Starlin and artist Jim Aparo famously killed off Jason Todd after fans voted for it via 900 number in 1988’s A Death in the Family.

“Anyone who killed Robins in the past is super handsome and did it perfectly,” King continued. However, “killing Robins now is too easy.”
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...ll-any-robins/

This sound like a pot calling the kettle back situation.

EDIT:

Jason is wearing the jacket one of Joker’s thugs was wearing the night Joker shot Babs.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...ff-johns-nycc/

C'MON

Pfff the irony.

And what's with the recent obsession with Jason stealing clothes.