Page 943 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 443843893933939940941942943944945946947953993 ... LastLast
Results 14,131 to 14,145 of 15150
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    A pity, that bit about Jason in Beyond. I was wondering how both Jason and Terry would interact at some point. Mostly curiosity, but, alas: if Jason's death, I doubt that will happen.
    Not sure if he is. The current Batman Beyond is based on the current comics, so Jason came back from the dead, and unless he died a second time he should still be around.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I've seen people speculating that Jason is "betraying" Damian by secretly giving information to Batman. That would fit together with the solicitation of Teen Titans #26 where Damian and the rest of the Teen Titans break into the Batcave. Maybe to find out if his father has a secret informant?
    But I don't like the theory. It sounds like Jason is trying to be daddy's good little boy. I could understand that Jason doesn't want Damian to have the same complicated relationship with Bruce like he has, but especially Jason should also take the view that Damian needs to find his own way in life. In particular his own moral code that Damian can believe in and stand by. And if Jason thinks that Damian is crossing a line he shouldn't (because Jason believes for example that Damian would regret it later on) then Jason should be capable enough to step in and put a stop to it. No Batman needed.

Ah, Jason. Ran out of candy for the munchkins. And now they're like baby ducks, following him wherever.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Is the first kid dressed as a villain too?

I read Teen Titans #23 and Jason didn't have an appearance. But it was still a nice read.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Interesting answers

Nrama: Well, I can’t say he’s wrong. But you know, one of the other drastic changes is that, in the past, Dick was always the more upbeat, fearless Robin, and that carried over into his role as Nightwing. But now, he feels a little more like Jason Todd in some ways—detached from the world and more comfortable around outcasts (and, dare we say it, outlaws?). Scott, have the similarities come to mind as you’re writing both characters? Or are there more differences?

Lobdell: I think Jason remembers every slight, every mistake, every act of violence whether committed by him or upon him. I think he is driven alternately and equally by rage, revenge and redemption. He is acutely aware of every busted and put back together again relationship with any of the other bats. And he feels his life was a disaster almost from the day he was born into poverty by his drug dealing father and his addict mother.

Nicieza: That was the one thing I had to feel my way through as I started helping out with the script. Scott really nails Jason well in his answer, I can only assume that in writing the character for what seems like 15 years he might have picked up a clue along the way. Differentiating Ric from Jason became a lot easier by the time I started working on #52. Just took a little bit of understanding Ric's headspace better.
    https://www.newsarama.com/42366-new-...direction.html

BANNED

Still hilarious that people consider them alike because of hairstyles or because they happen to be at a bar.

They are really pushing the Ric name for Blankslate Amnesiac Dick, eh? It's not going to stick, but, well, they can still try.

It really makes me happy that Lobdell has a take on Jason than align so much to my own. But I'm a bit confused by the 15 years of writing him. I guess Nicieza just mixed dates for the character. He came back in 2004, which sort of is almost 15 years, but Lobdell has been writing him since 2011, right?

I have to read that interview. I'm curious, I want to know what they have in mind for Nightwing.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-17-2018 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Slate not state

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

They are really pushing the Ric name for Blankstate Amnesiac Dick, eh? It's not going to stick, but, well, they can still try.

It really makes me happy that Lobdell has a take on Jason than align so much to my own. But I'm a bit confused by the 15 years of writing him. I guess Nicieza just mixed dates for the character. He came back in 2004, which sort of is almost 15 years, but Lobdell has been writing him since 2011, right?

I have to read that interview. I'm curious, I want to know what they have in mind for Nightwing.
    Maybe Lobdell was writing Red Hood fanfics on the low for the first 7(ish) years?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Maybe Lobdell was writing Red Hood fanfics on the low for the first 7(ish) years?
    Hilarious, but doubtful xD
    Either a mistake by Nicieza (my guess) or he didn't penned some collaboration with other writer, or I just missed some material or cannot remember something (highly possible too).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-17-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Nightwing is a shitshow. Lobdell is saying that but he is obviously giving Jason traits to Ric. Nicieza is starting next issue. He has a lot of things to fix if this can even be readable.
    Obviously. Say people who miss Jason's traits and reduce him to edgelord most of the time.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 10-17-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Anyway, read the interview. I think Lobdell summarized the difference between Jason and current Dick pretty well.

What he said about Jason specifically, well I think Jason's gonna hold a grudge against Kate. Bruce was lucky to get a pass for the favor he did in #27.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 10-17-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

They are really pushing the Ric name for Blankstate Amnesiac Dick, eh? It's not going to stick, but, well, they can still try.

Nicieza was just joking. Like how in the first answer he gave he said he was brought to fix Lobdell's mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Nicieza was just joking. Like how in the first answer he gave he said he was brought to fix Lobdell's mess.
    Oh, that makes sense, I guess. The joke flew over my head completely.

Edit: I finaly read the interview. It was a fun interview, wow. And it gave a lot of info and insight to what they have in mind. I think they have a very pretty clear idea about how they see the character and what they want to tell with this story (which was something very in line with one of the things I hoped they would do). I still don't know what to make of this Nightwinges in plural stuff, but, the other bits were promising.

Edit2: nevermind. I read NW #51 too. Now I've got where these Nitghtwings are coming from.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-17-2018 at 04:12 PM. Reason: The Bad Santa stole my Space bar

LEGO DC Super Villains Red Hood Boss Battle + Unlock and Free Roam Gameplay

Here's how to unlock the character