Page 947 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 447847897937943944945946947948949950951957997 ... LastLast
Results 14,191 to 14,205 of 15150

Oh glad to have it confirmed then. Last I checked he said in a comment that it could be either.

This is an appreciation thread! Why come to an appreciation thread to complain about the character, writer or the fans? There are rant threads on Reddit for that.

It's like going to a rival stadium in full costume to insult the opposite team's fans. You don't do that unless you purposely want to cause trouble. To quote Alfred "Some people just wanna see to world burn."

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Anyway, Fabok revealed an interesting info about Jason's new costume. He confirmed that the "R" in his costume stand for Red Hood, not Robin like some thought.

Yeah I saw a few replies from him, though I can't tell if he is being totally serious about the stories brilliance or probably just tooting Johns horn when he was claiming that 'I've never been interested in Jason Todd.....Until this story. Geoffs idea is going to make people a fan of his'.

Jason has a had a pretty crazy career so far, has gone from one end of the heroic spectrum to the next, hero, villian, antihero. What on Earth could Johns have to say or add that could change someones perspective if none of these roads already haven't I wonder? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    So you just admitted to not knowing the circumstances that got Aioros22 banned. You assumed that mods must be in the right every time and posters just have to learn from it? And you are telling me that I'm assuming things. For the record, I don't assume that I know what mods are thinking. I saw what happened and it is my opinion that it's unfair to ban him while someone else got a pass.
    I did not assume anything about you personally. There's the difference. To assume that mods on a forum will be impartial is a lot different to making assumptions about individual members habits.

If you have an issue with unfair treatment why not contact the mods themselves rather than speculating that one of yours is being treated unfairly. As I said in my 1st post on this topic AS FAR AS YOU KNOW. You don't know anyone has been given a pass.

I find it interesting that he's never liked any of the designs for RH. Personally I like that he goes with the black jacket. But the rest of the getup, eh, let's see how it looks in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I did not assume anything about you personally. There's the difference. To assume that mods on a forum will be impartial is a lot different to making assumptions about individual members habits.

If you have an issue with unfair treatment why not contact the mods themselves rather than speculating that one of yours is being treated unfairly. As I said in my 1st post on this topic AS FAR AS YOU KNOW. You don't know anyone has been given a pass.
    Actually I do. That's what everyone has been talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I find it interesting that he's never liked any of the designs for RH. Personally I like that he goes with the black jacket. But the rest of the getup, eh, let's see how it looks in action.
    I love Faboks art but I found that statement more disconcerting than interesting, the classic RH look is bomb, and J has had plenty of other great looks and variations, does this artist have no sense of style
    (Black jackets are great too though I agree the rest of this outfit is kinda meh)
    Last edited by RedBird; 10-19-2018 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I love Faboks art but I found that statement more disconcerting than interesting, the classic RH look is bomb, and J has had plenty of other great looks and variations, does this artist have no sense of style
    (Black jackets are great too though I agree the rest of this outfit is kinda meh)
    Aha it's interesting because such strong words coming from him, and then he gave us... this.

Yeah I saw a few replies from him, though I can't tell if he is being totally serious about the stories brilliance or probably just tooting Johns horn when he was claiming that 'I've never been interested in Jason Todd.....Until this story. Geoffs idea is going to make people a fan of his'.

Jason has a had a pretty crazy career so far, has gone from one end of the heroic spectrum to the next, hero, villian, antihero. What on Earth could Johns have to say or add that could change someones perspective if none of these roads already haven't I wonder? Lol
    I saw it as him never being interesting in him (like never read anything with him) before started working on him and the story made him a fan of the character. Like how Dexter Soy never know much about Jason before he started working on him and turned him into a fan.

I don't see anything wrong with that and I actually find it interesting how creators end up liking him once they got the chance to have a work with him. I saw a tweet where one of TITANS' (the show) writers said that Jason is a really fun character to write and apparently the actor who is playing Jason has become a fan himself after playing his character (he even bought the first vol of RHATO Rebirth recently).

I saw it as him never being interesting in him (like never read anything with him) before started working on him and the story made him a fan of the character. Like how Dexter Soy never know much about Jason before he started working on him and turned him into a fan.

I don't see anything wrong with that and I actually find it interesting how creators end up liking him once they got the chance to have a work with him. I saw a tweet where one of TITANS' (the show) writers said that Jason is a really fun character to write and apparently the actor who is playing Jason has become a fan himself after playing his character (he even bought the first vol of RHATO Rebirth recently).
    Oh no I didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with Fabok only coming around to the character recently, was just curious as to what Johns had scripted to make him change his perspective.

But you may be right, in that this was probably just the first time Fabok has ever had to create and work on something this focused on Jason and simply now had the opportunity to appreciate the character in his own way.

Nice tibits about Titans writer and the actor.

Good old Fergus.

Why people keep coming here if they don't like Jason or has nothing to say about him? This is a Jason Todd APPRECIATION thread last time I checked, not "let's come here just to argue with his fans" thread.
    There are different ways to appreciate something. I personally enjoy Jason as more of a villain or foil and I talk about the issues I have with his direction since the reboot and relationships with the Bat-family. That's not overly negative and yet it gets a rise out of people because they take criticism as an attack on a character they love, it's not it's just me liking a previous version. I don't generally come in here because anytime I talk about it I get challenged and 5 or 6 pages get added to the thread because of it.

I have a lot of issues with Dick's current direction, talking about negatives or differing opinions makes for better discussion. Or I think so at least.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Oh no I didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with Fabok only coming around to the character recently, was just curious as to what Johns had scripted to make him change his perspective.

But you may be right, in that this was probably just the first time Fabok has ever had to create and work on something this focused on Jason and simply now had the opportunity to appreciate the character in his own way.
    I myself curious about Johns' take on Jason. I have enjoyed his work on some of my favourite charaters and I hope he doesn't disappoint with Jason.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    There are different ways to appreciate something. I personally enjoy Jason as more of a villain or foil and I talk about the issues I have with his direction since the reboot and relationships with the Bat-family. That's not overly negative and yet it gets a rise out of people because they take criticism as an attack on a character they love, it's not it's just me liking a previous version. I don't generally come in here because anytime I talk about it I get challenged and 5 or 6 pages get added to the thread because of it.

I have a lot of issues with Dick's current direction, talking about negatives or differing opinions makes for better discussion. Or I think so at least.
    Sorry byrd, but sometimes I have the feeling that you can be a very annoying fellow who actively aims at "getting a rise out of people". So far I'm still waiting to see a comment by you about Jason that makes me believe that you really like the character (in your preferred incarnation). So far I'd rather guess that you want Jason as a villain so that another character - Dick Grayson, who is obviously more beloved by you, can "shine brighter" and has his own "Joker". Just liking a character for the sake of another character is not liking the first character at all. In this thread you basically wrote months ago that you like old Jason because he stood by his own moral code, being his own man, yada, yada, but in other threads I've seen comments by you declaring the same Jason a crazy psychopath. How does this fit together?

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post

I don't think what you have to say about Dick, even when you are not happy with the direction, is remotely the same as you do Jason. I can't know 100% what you feel, but from your various posts, the impression I got is that you only like Jason when he acts as a villain, particularly a villain for Dick's, because he's the one you actually care about. A foil, you said. It's never about Jason himself. You have no problem that it goes against Jason's core character. As Robin, as Jason in Lost Days, as UTRH, he was never a bad guy. Other times you also express that killing Jason (a child at the time) served a purpose and that justified the dirty poll. Forgive me but I'd be surprised if that doesn't rankle every Jason fan.

Edit: Sergard ninja'd me.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 10-19-2018 at 08:53 AM.