Page 960 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 460860910950956957958959960961962963964970 ... LastLast
Results 14,386 to 14,400 of 15150

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Quick reference in Old Lady Harley #1

I like how Jason went from being in the examples that were exceptions to the rule of coming back alive, to being one of the first mentioned as making a come back. XD
    Is the "nutty red headed chick" is a reference to Jean from X-Men? Because this would be funny.

I have a question to ask. What things you don't like about the way Loddell write Jason and wish he would change? And what things you were happy that he added to Jason?

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I have a question to ask. What things you don't like about the way Loddell write Jason and wish he would change? And what things you were happy that he added to Jason?
    It's not dislike per se, and I'm not sure if it's Lobdell or it's the result of Jason's design aesthetic with dual guns but I used to wish he had his skillsets and fighting prowess as established by Winick back. Obviously with the new direction, it is coming back in some form. I'd still like to see a more tactical Jason.

I also prefer Winick's voice for Jason when it comes to humor and sarcasm.

Oh, his version of UTH. Why does it change every time it's referenced? Similarly, I wish Sheila were kept as Jason's biological mom. But again I'm not sure if that's on Lobdell or not.

Also @Rise you mentioned not liking the victim blaming which I usually do as well, but with Lobdell I'm not really bothered about it because it is all from Jason's perception of himself, where there's enormous guilt, deserved because of his own actions and undeserved self-blame but is a by-effect of other people victim blaming him. I figure they'd kinda overlap and Jason will blame himself even for things that are not totally his fault.

On to my happy things. A lot obviously seeing as I enjoyed every issue of the Rebirth run and I've been openly excited about the solo run. But if I'm to pick a few that stands out, I'd say first is the introduction of the All-Caste. And second is how he's not only retained Jason's complexity but also written him as very pensive and emotionally aware. Is a trait not shared by many Bats.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 10-26-2018 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Is the "nutty red headed chick" is a reference to Jean from X-Men? Because this would be funny.
    It's the only character that I can think it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I also prefer Winick's voice for Jason when it comes to humor and sarcasm.
    This pretty much, but it's not like I dislike Lobdell voice either. I like it too, a lot, but I liked Winicks a little more.

I mostly agree with @G-Pots about everything. I would say Jason is more a planner than a tactician (he's good at tactics too, al bats are), and I think he should show Jason more under that light (that was implied with that whole One Man Assault in issue #26). I think he should show Jason caring more about people with problems that he comes across, more than go after big organizations all the time because he learns about some bit of information in a bat-y spy way. If he goes after them, he should go after finding out some problem with someone in his environment, in his daytime, or after some detective work. Build an epic from a sympathetic reaction to some small case; not going straight for a big epic crusade. I think it fits more Jason character, but I'm also biased, because I love that kind of narrative.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-26-2018 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    It's the only character that I can think it could be.

This pretty much, but it's not like I dislike Lobdell voice either. I like it too, a lot, but I liked Winicks a little more.

I mostly agree with @G-Pots about everything. I would say Jason is more a planner than a tactician (he's good at tactics too, al bats are), and I think he should show Jason more under that light (that was implied with that whole One Man Assault in issue #26). I think he should show Jason caring more about people with problems that he comes across, more than go after big organizations all the time because he learns about some bit of information in a bat-y spy way. If he goes after them, he should go after finding out some problem with someone in his environment, in his daytime, or after some detective work. Build an epic from a sympathetic reaction to some small case; not going straight for a big epic crusade. I think it fits more Jason character, but I'm also biased, because I love that kind of narrative.
    Ah yes, planner. I was trying to find a better word than tactician. I want to see a Jason that devises elaborate game plans like he did in UTRH and those Green Arrow issues. Only for a good cause this time. There's no reason to stop calculating and scheming like a boss just because you're a good guy now.

And I agree about him making connection with ordinary people or even small time criminals. It's also a plus if it shows that there are people who are in agreement, or even grateful for his way of dealing justice.

Simple. Yet, very effective.

Damian will never be able to look at Jason the same way again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    It's not dislike per se, and I'm not sure if it's Lobdell or it's the result of Jason's design aesthetic with dual guns but I used to wish he had his skillsets and fighting prowess as established by Winick back. Obviously with the new direction, it is coming back in some form. I'd still like to see a more tactical Jason.
    I would also like to see his capabilities more showcased and better established. And him getting up against bigger villains.

EDIT:
    I also think that Jasons whole legal situation (him being legally dead and a wanted criminal) is ignored to often, and that his secret identity should be more secret.
    Last edited by Aahz; 10-26-2018 at 02:35 PM.

So, back when Jason was Robin, Pre-Flashpoint history, how did he get along with Babs? And, after his initial return, how did the two view one another? If it was ever brought up?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Thanks for this!!! It totally MADE MY DAY!!!!!! It's SO Jason!

I can't say for sure if it's him, but it certainly seems like Dexter Soy is cosplaying Jason here XD

Hello Indonesia

So, I guess Jason had a soft spot for Raven. Though, even from Jason's own POV, he wasn't exactly close to her (or most of the Titans, for that matter). I guess being an Empath put her in his good graces at the time? And this was when Jason was at his most volatile.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    don't indeed lol
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I can't say for sure if it's him, but it certainly seems like Dexter Soy is cosplaying Jason here XD

Hello Indonesia
    Looks like Soy already confirmed on twitter that it's him.