Page 973 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 473873923963969970971972973974975976977983 ... LastLast
Results 14,581 to 14,595 of 15150
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    It was from Jason's death certificate which was used in Batman UTRH arc so this make it canon that he was 15 when he died (and before you start, I know they didn't show the age since they only showed half of the certificate. The point is, they still used it from Batman files which make it canon).

And since Tim officially become 16 shortly before Bruce visit to Jason's grave on his 18 birthday, I think it safe to say that Jason was indeed 2 years older than Tim in pre-flashpoint.
    I don't really see how a death certificate in one books, makes the one in the other canon. Both certificates don't even look the same. And Jason's Height and Weight in that certificate are complete nonsense, so why should the age be more reliable?

On top of that, based on the certificate Jason is born in August and died in April, which would make him 3 year older than Tim.

And if you have Jason becoming Robin at age 12, he would have been Robin for 3-4 years, which also doesn't really work with the timeline.

And by the rough timeline for Jason resurrection and training from the Annual were the certificate is shown, there is him being 15 when he died also doesn't really work with his 18th Birthday.

If you end up with Jason being one or two years older than Tim, depends if you go by the sources from the 2000s or the ones from the 80s.
    In the 80s comics Dick was 19 when Jason became Robin at age 12 and iirc 21 when Tim became Robin at age 13. Which adds up to Jason being only one year older. (And it is also possible to make the argument that Jason is actually the same age as Tim, since Jason was still in 7th Grade after 10 Nights of the Beast.)
    Last edited by Aahz; 11-12-2018 at 03:39 AM.

They looked pretty similar to me since they both stated that Jason died on 27th of April so this make it canon enough from me. Plus, you really tend to overthinking timeline more than any worker in DC ever did and nothing of what you say convinced me about why it's impossible for Jason to be older than Tim by 2 years and that he died in 15.

So, let's agree to disagree since neither me or you going to agree on something.
    Last edited by Rise; 11-12-2018 at 03:49 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The outlaw is paying off

83. RED HOOD OUTLAW #27 (DC) - 30,343 [91]

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-10.html

@Aahz, why wouldn't make sense for Jason to have been Robin for 3 years in the pre-FP continuity? I thought that him being Robin for 3 years was pretty much the time most people have agreed with: fron 12 (the letter from the writer I mentioned) to 15 and maybe a half (those files). I'm curious.

BTW, as far as I have seen, most of these infobits we always work with are usually from side material and infered info guessed from not canonical stories. You rarely, rarely get actual detailed info from the actual main line comics because, I guess, as I said, continuity is a bit of a messy land to walk through. Understable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    The outlaw is paying off

Yaaaayyy!
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-12-2018 at 09:52 AM.

The outlaw is paying off

Good numbers! Yaaay!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    @Aahz, why wouldn't make sense for Jason to have been Robin for 3 years in the pre-FP continuity? I thought that him being Robin for 3 years was pretty much the time most people have agreed with: fron 12 (the letter from the writer I mentioned) to 15 and maybe a half (those files). I'm curious.
    It doesn't line up with the overall timeline:
    - Dick only aged from 19 to 21 in that time for example
    - Jason was still only in 7th Grade after 10 Nights of the Beast (and there are only about 5 issues between 10 Nights of the Beast and DitF)
    - Most official timelines even compress his time as Robin down to one year

BTW, as far as I have seen, most of these infobits we always work with are usually from side material and infered info guessed from not canonical stories. You rarely, rarely get actual detailed info from the actual main line comics because, I guess, as I said, continuity is a bit of a messy land to walk through. Understable.
    Thats depends really on the charater, for some the ages are quite regularly mentioned (Tim and Damian for example), for Jason for there is for some reason not much info.

And that actually also the main point I wanted to make, for the pre flashpoint continuity, there is not really hard canonic information about how old Jason was when he became Robin and when he died. As someone who tends "to overthinking timeline more than any worker in DC ever did" (just look here), I can tell you that the information contradictory and you have in the end decide for your self what is the most plausible answer. But thats in the end of the day a personal head canon, and not canon.

Extraordinary Member

The outlaw is paying off

A lot of DC Comics increased in sales in October, does anyone know why?

Btw. is there still no preview for the next issue?

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    A lot of DC Comics increased in sales in October, does anyone know why?

Btw. is there still no preview for the next issue?
    Maybe because of the foil covers?

And no preview so far. At least I haven't found one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Maybe because of the foil covers?

And no preview so far. At least I haven't found one.
    What foil covers? You mean, the variant covers in monochrome colours? (where the physical issues in foil? that's cool)

I think it too had a bit to do with not many big events having an issue or two at the same time, as well as some books that ended, plus the kind-of-but-not-really reboot that made the sales go a bit up the month before. Besides whatever additional sales those variants gave.

A bunch of coincidences happening at the same time, maybe?

Don't play catch with Jay's helmet! Playing catch with Jay himself though...

What foil covers? You mean, the variant covers in monochrome colours? (where the physical issues in foil? that's cool)
    The "variant covers in monochrome colours" were the standard covers = foil covers. The physical issues had a metallic look to it. Here is a list of all titles with a foil standard cover in October. Deathstroke, for example, didn't have a foil cover. Maybe that's the reason why the October issue is so low ranked compared to other titles. (And probably because the Batman arc is over.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    The "variant covers in monochrome colours" were the standard covers = foil covers. The physical issues had a metallic look to it. Here is a list of all titles with a foil standard cover in October. Deathstroke, for example, didn't have a foil cover. Maybe that's the reason why the October issue is so low ranked compared to other titles. (And probably because the Batman arc is over.)
    I guess I'm so used to like the variant better than the standard that I just think any cool cover is a variant :_D
    So the cover did make some notable impact in the numbers. Huh, funny.

In the case of RHatO #27, I still preferred Yasmine Putri's variant cover over the black and red themed foil cover with the bloody crowbar. And personally, I think the standard cover would have looked better without the foil. The metallic shine reduced the contrast between the black and red colors. But that's a more minor complain from my side.

There are probably comic fans/collectors who wanted all foil covers. And as a consequence, many DC titles rose in rank.

That's why I'm interested in how RHatO #28 will do. Realistically, the numbers will probably be around the September sales.

First look at Jason in 1x06