Page 976 of 1010 FirstFirst ... 476876926966972973974975976977978979980986 ... LastLast
Results 14,626 to 14,640 of 15150

Arkham Knight Making His Comic Debut in Detective Comics' 1000th Issue

Ummmmmmmmm

SO I'm guessing it's not gonna be Jason?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post

Ummmmmmmmm

Well if it's out of continuity then he could still be Jason. But with the creative team revealed so far... well I'm not holding my breath for a flattering portrayal. Not that the option to let someone else be Arkham Knight is any better. It would be strange too, if DC is trying to promote Jason and then lets someone else steal one of his aliases. :/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Well if it's out of continuity then he could still be Jason. But with the creative team revealed so far... well I'm not holding my breath for a flattering portrayal. Not that the option to let someone else be Arkham Knight is any better. It would be strange too, if DC is trying to promote Jason and then lets someone else steal one of his aliases. :/
    DC needs to PROMOTE Jason. This looks like The Signal in a stealth costume.

BANNED

It appears that he will be part of the main feature. Tomasi did promise a big villain reveal. So it would be unlikely to be set out of continuity. I'll also repost some of my thoughts from the Tec 1000 thread:

Maybe it'll end up being similar to the comics Prometheus and Arrowverse Prometheus situation. Maybe Tomasi's Arkham Knight will be someone with legitimate history tied to Arkham, possibly similar to the Lady Arkham character from the Telltale games. So maybe Tomasi will abandon the militia angle and the evil Batman appearance.
    And technically Jason stole another alias in the form of Red Hood. Its associated with both him and Joker now. There are also about a dozen Clayfaces, so its not unprecedented.
    But its an uphill battle to get the the new character to really own the role admittedly. As I mentioned above it would be wiser to abandon the militia angle and militaristic Batman aesthetic in favor of something that really comes from Arkham keeping the detective tone that Tomasi seems to be going for over the big action tone. They already have Bane and even Deathstroke for the militant angle.
    Jason was never really a product of Arkham and certainly was not its Knight. The alias was created for branding purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    It appears that he will be part of the main feature. Tomasi did promise a big villain reveal. So it would be unlikely to be set out of continuity. I'll also repost some of my thoughts from the Tec 1000 thread:

Maybe it'll end up being similar to the comics Prometheus and Arrowverse Prometheus situation. Maybe Tomasi's Arkham Knight will be someone with legitimate history tied to Arkham, possibly similar to the Lady Arkham character from the Telltale games. So maybe Tomasi will abandon the militia angle and the evil Batman appearance.
    And technically Jason stole another alias in the form of Red Hood. Its associated with both him and Joker now. There are also about a dozen Clayfaces, so its not unprecedented.
    But its an uphill battle to get the the new character to really own the role admittedly. As I mentioned above it would be wiser to abandon the militia angle and militaristic Batman aesthetic in favor of something that really comes from Arkham keeping the detective tone that Tomasi seems to be going for over the big action tone. They already have Bane and even Deathstroke for the militant angle.
    Jason was never really a product of Arkham and certainly was not its Knight. The alias was created for branding purposes.
    It depends on reasons and context of course. In the case of Red Hood, Jason as a character wasn't created to take that mantle away from Joker, there's a progression leading up to that point, and the legacy of Red Hood as well as Joker's association with it still remains. We don't know how AK will be handled, but like you said, if the militaristic angle and aesthetic remains, the character is still called Arkham Knight, then for a considerable part it's just straight-up rip-off, giving to a new character while removing the connection/brand from the first owner. In the games' continuity, Jason as the Knight was a product of Arkham so his ownership of the alias is not trivial but would be now because someone in main continuity takes it. This is not unprecedented of course, doesn't make it a welcome change to me personally.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post

Ummmmmmmmm

Good, the Arkham Knight is a terrible concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Good, the Arkham Knight is a terrible concept.
    It did help with Jason's overall popularity, especially to non comics fans, it has a good design that people would want as an alt costume in games and as merchandise. So, branding-wise, it's a loss if it's removed from him.

This is the reason why I'm not happy at all that Tomasi taking over Tec. He has nothing new to bring to the book. Another story about Batman mourning his parents and now he is bringing AK after Tynion done his own version of AK.

Not to mention his terrible characterization of Batman at top of that.

It did help with Jason's overall popularity, especially to non comics fans, it has a good design that people would want as an alt costume in games and as merchandise. So, branding-wise, it's a loss if it's removed from him.
    It's always going to be associated to Jason since it was introduced in a very popular game that sold more than any comic.
    Last edited by Rise; 11-16-2018 at 01:54 AM.

Why Jason Todd Is The Most Important Robin
    by Princess Weekes

https://www.themarysue.com/jason-tod...portant-robin/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    This is the reason why I'm not happy at all that Tomasi taking over Tec. He has nothing new to bring to the book. Another story about Batman mourning his parents and now he is bringing AK after Tynion done his own version of AK.

Not to mention his terrible characterization of Batman at top of that.
    Except it wont be a story about Batman mourning his parents death, its just about a villain who attacks Bruce Wayne personally, that includes attacking Leslie, Henri Ducard, Alfred, Hugo Strange and recreating the scene of the Wayne murders. Its a mystery story.

Tynion's work on Colony was Batwoman centric, the concept lived and died with his take on Kate, it had no importance otherwise to Batman's world or story/character. Besides I dont think we can say for certain that we'll be getting the militia angle anyway.

Except it's still a story about his parents which was done to death. It's not a promising start for Tomasi and him bringing AK instead of creating something different and new doesn't help either.
    Last edited by Rise; 11-16-2018 at 07:02 AM.

BANNED

But not by Tomasi though, aside from the first issue of Batman and Robin he never touched the Waynes and the upcoming doesn't sound like it will revolve around their deaths. At the end of the day I expect every major writer to kick off their run on Batman with some sort of reference to the Wayne murders, I'll happily join you if the new arc just becomes another "my parents are dead" non sense.

I'm not enthused about Arkham Knight either but if its a completely new take thats nothing like game version then I'll be on board for it. The name itself is fairly generic but sounds good enough to be used particularly because Jason will never use it in the mainstream comics so I'll keep an open mind. Ofcourse if it turns out to be another soldier guy bringing his own army then I'll be very displeased.

I don't care if he touch it before or not, it's still a story that was done to death and he isn't doing anything new.

Whether it's new version of it or not, I'm still not enthusiastic about it. He could have created something new instead of cheaply using one from a popular game to generate interest.