Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default SDCC: Kubert & Janson Join "The Dark Knight III: The Master Race"

DC Comics has announce the artists for its new "Dark Knight" series: Andy Kubert & Klaus Janson, joining co-writers Frank Miller & Brian Azzarello.

Full article here.

All-New Member

I don't know about this... I feel like 8 issues drawn by someone other than Miller (no disrespect to Andy, I love his art) plus the backup "tales from the DKU" kind of dilutes what has always been so special about DKR. I don't know if I'm looking forward to this anymore.

BANNED

Kubert? I mean he's a pretty good artist, but imo there's better artists that are currently, or recently, involved in the Bat-Franchise. There's easily better talent out there than him imo. Hopefully he brings his A game, and proves me wrong.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Kinda glad if Kubert is drawing it with Jansen, and Frank has a co-writer. I don't trust Miller to do it solo and not go full-on hard right nuts.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Why does Miller still get work? The man wrote DKSA, ASBAR, and Holy Terror. Why would anyone want him after writing such garbage?

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Why does Miller still get work? The man wrote DKSA, ASBAR, and Holy Terror. Why would anyone want him after writing such garbage?
    Because his misses haven't quite outweighed his hits yet. Maybe if this and another one or two stories go down maybe the last little tiny bit of shine from TDKR and Year One will have completely smeared over, maybe. That's three maybe's in one sentence, so you know it's not certain.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    He wrote several of the most popular and acclaimed graphic novels of all time and there's always the hope that lightning will strike again
    Formerly known as YMCMB

The original Dark Knight sequel was a joke compared to the original and All Star Batman and Robin was a joke by most standards. I'll have to read glowing reviews from bloggers I trust and friends before I treat this mini as anything but radioactive...

I'll wait for the TPB to be available from the library before I risk money on anything with Miller's name attached to it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Because his misses haven't quite outweighed his hits yet. Maybe if this and another one or two stories go down maybe the last little tiny bit of shine from TDKR and Year One will have completely smeared over, maybe. That's three maybe's in one sentence, so you know it's not certain.
    Yes because Batman kidnapping and calling a 12 year-old kid who just lost his parents retarded is one of Frank's hits......

Have you read Holy Terror? It doesn't matter what he wrote before, something like that instantly destroys your reputation as a writer.
    Linkara's Miller Time episodes really sum up my feelings for Frank and his work - http://atopthefourthwall.com/category/at4w/miller-time/

Can Frank Miller even draw still?

Looking forward to this.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

After DKSA and All-Star, it will take a TON to interest me in this project. Holy Terror I haven't read, but I won't just knock Frank on it because it was supposedly offensive. Offensive insensitive work be can art like anything else. People bring too much politics to their view of Frank Miller and his work.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

I'm so hyped for this!

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    I don't trust Miller to do it solo and not go full-on hard right nuts.
    Azzarello better not change anything Miller wants. He's simply there to assist Miller since the man's old and going under chemo treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by morph1138 View Post
    I don't know about this... I feel like 8 issues drawn by someone other than Miller (no disrespect to Andy, I love his art) plus the backup "tales from the DKU" kind of dilutes what has always been so special about DKR. I don't know if I'm looking forward to this anymore.
    See it like Before the Watchmen, enjoy the good stuff and don't care about the stuff you dislike.

Okay, im finally excited about this, especially the Dark Knight universe back ups. A guy can dream that we might get Capullo drawn Snyder scripted back up!