All-New Member

Default What is Brainiac's reason for creating this bottle city planet?

As Didio mentions in the trailer, Brainiac's reason for doing this will shock EVERY generation of DC fans.

So? What could be so shocking?
    Let's hear theories.

he is a collector

thats pretty much the whole concept of the character, same reason why Grant Morrison called him šThe Collectorš in the first arc of Action Comics

he collects knowledge and the multiverse just simple provide infinite knowledge as is different variables of the same thing.

Because he is really a nice guy and wants to take all of the good parts of DC history and put them together. Or because he also hates the New 52.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Keeping in mind that "shocking" is probably hyperbole, I'm going to guess it has something to do with Superman.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Keeping in mind that "shocking" is probably hyperbole, I'm going to guess it has something to do with Superman.
    Perhaps Brainiac is a fan of the trunks.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Brainiac intends to sell them all on craigslist.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Yeah, in the end, Brainiac wasn't a true collector, but a speculator in the cosmic market. Shocking!

Maybe Brainiac was just lonely.

Didn't Brainiac use to have, like, a space monkey as a pet? Was it called Koko? He probably misses Koko.

Because he is eeeevil.

Or he just like sparkly stuff...

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This most likely. Also, since this is supposed to be the original Silver Age Brainiac, perhaps this all ties back in some way to the Silver/Bronze age Superman....who is alive in this. Hmmm....

All-New Member

I was hoping that this was the original silver age Brainiac. We are seeing the honeycomb,hexagonal pattern of his skull in may of the Convergence ads and covers. It's a logical conjecture to make and I'm hoping it's correct. I can definately see this: COIE- Brainiac aids forgotten heroes in getting to Darkseid. Afterwards offpanel: He concludes that the current timeline will erase/readjust and he will most likely cease to be as currently configured. Manages to escape the post dawn of time battle effects of COIE by exiting that continuum, perhaps entering the multiverse/ or hypertime (or the crystalline dimension that Kal-L, Superboy Prime and Alex Luthor were in as shown in Doomed # 2 ) but only as observer. Gathers knowledge about the multiverse along the way. Concludes that he was learned all that IS, now must find a way to learn of those worlds that died. Only way to do that is to get to Vanishing point and gain access to potentially ALL space time that has ever existed ( Perhaps we are seeing this in Futures End: Booster Gold #1)