Default Wonder Woman collections (fall 2015)

The list of DC solicitations for Fall 2015 can be found here

There is a couple of surprises:

-a new digital series by Jill Thompson
    -a league of one GN is back to print with extra material, but I would have liked to see it in the Deluxe format
    -a release date for WW: Earth one!

Some of the contents seem off (I think they forgot to list the annual for the Finch run); I might also have missed a couple of books, so have fun looking at the link above!

Wonder Woman Vol. 6: Bones (The New 52)
    Brian Azzarello, Cliff Chiang, Goran Sudzuka
    On Sale Date: September 8, 2015
    9781401257750, 1401257755
    Trade Paperback
    $14.99 USD, $17.99 CAD
    Comics & Graphic Novels / Superheroes
    160 pages

It’s the beginning of the end as writer Brian Azzarello and artist Cliff Chiang kick off the astonishing finale of their epic run! Olympus must fall, and its rightful ruler must be restored. Wonder Woman is locked in a desperate battle with the First Born with the destiny of immortals at stake—and she must make a decision that will effect the lives of those she loves most.

Collects WONDER WOMAN #30-35, and SECRET ORIGINS #6.

Wonder Woman Vol. 7: War Torn (The New 52)
    Meredith Finch, David Finch
    9781401256791, 1401256791
    Hardcover
    $24.99 USD, $29.99 CAD
    176 pages

Please welcome the new superstar creative team of writer Meredith Finch and artist David Finch! As this new epic begins, the fate of the Amazons is about to be revealed, major new characters will be introduced and a new villain will arrive with enough power to defeat the combined might of Wonder Woman and her Justice League teammates! Don’t miss the start of this story that guest stars Swamp Thing! It will define what it takes for Diana to fulfill her destiny as Wonder Woman!

Collects WONDER WOMAN #36-42.

Wonder Woman: A Very Selfish Princess
    Jill Thompson
    9781401249014, 1401249019
    Hardcover
    $22.99 USD, $27.99 CAD
    128 pages

WONDER WOMAN: THE VERY SELFISH PRINCESS is Jill Thompson’s storybook style reimagining of the early years of the Amazon Princess Dian, who would grow up to become Wonder Woman. This fully painted graphic novel is unlike any Wonder Woman tale you have ever read, told as only Eisner Award-winning writer/artist Thomspon could. When young Diana has the fawning attention of a nation, she soon grows spoiled. But a series of tragic events take their toll, and Diana must learn to grow up, take responsibility, and seize her destiny.

Steeped in the mythology of this iconic character’s original conception, WONDER WOMAN: THE VERY SELFISH PRINCESS is designed to appeal to a wide range of readers. It’s a fresh, stand alone interpretation of the most famous and iconic female super-hero of all time and the fulfillment of a dream project by one of contemporary comics’ most acclaimed creators.

Collects WONDER WOMAN: A VERY SELFISH PRINCESS digital chapters #1-12.

Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman Vol. 2
    James Tynion, Noelle Stevenson, Ryan Benjamin
    On Sale Date: October 20, 2015
    9781401258627, 140125862X
    Trade Paperback
    $14.99 USD, $17.99 CAD
    168 pages

This digital-first anthology series will bring some of comics’ greatest talents to Themyscira, and give them leave to explore Wonder Woman, her world—and ours!

Diana Prince: Amazon warrior, ambassador to Man’s world, or champion of women in need? All of the above!

Justice League: A League of One
    Christopher Moeller
    On Sale Date: October 27, 2015
    9781401258238, 1401258239
    Trade Paperback
    $16.99 USD, $19.99 CAD
    200 pages

Two Justice League epics written and fully painted by Christopher Moeller are collected in a single volume for the first time. First, in the story “A League of One,” Wonder Woman hears a prophecy that her Justice League teammates will die in battle against a dragon - so it’s up to her to first defeat the team herself before she battles the dragon. Then, in the story “Cold Steel,” the team launches into space to stop a conflict between two warring factions.

Collects the original graphic novel JLA: A LEAGUE OF ONE and JUSTICE LEAGUE: COLD STEEL #1-2.

Wonder Woman: Earth One Vol. 1
    Grant Morrison, Yanick Paquette
    On Sale Date: November 10, 2015
    9781401229788, 1401229786
    Hardcover
    $22.99 USD, $27.99 CAD
    144 pages

Following the New York Times #1 best-selling original graphic novels Batman: Earth One and Superman: Earth One Volumes 1 & 2 comes Wonder Woman: Earth One Vol. 1!

Critically acclaimed, best-selling writer Grant Morrison (All-Star Superman, Batman, Inc.) once again pushes the boundaries of the graphic novel page in his mind-bending new take on the most powerful woman in the DC Universe. With stunning art by Yanick Paquette (Swamp Thing), Wonder Woman: Earth One Vol. 1 is an easily accessible jumping on point for new readers.

Superman/Wonder Woman Vol. 3 (The New 52)
    Peter Tomasi, Doug Mahnke, Jaime Mendoza
    On Sale Date: November 24, 2015
    9781401257682, 1401257682
    Hardcover
    $22.99 USD, $27.99 CAD
    144 pages

New creative team of Peter J. Tomasi and Doug Mahnke continue the adventures of the most powerful super hero couple in the world!

A new hero appears and tunrs to Superman and Wonder Woman for help understanding his powers.

Worlds' Finest Vol. 6 (The New 52)
    Paul Levitz, Jed Dougherty
    On Sale Date: December 8, 2015
    9781401257767, 1401257763
    Trade Paperback
    $14.99 USD, $17.99 CAD
    144 pages

The secret history of Earth 2 continues! Jump back in time to a point when Superman and Batman were children! When a visitor from Apokolips attempts to confront the boys as part of a galactic prophesy, only one being can stand in their way: Wonder Woman!

Collects Worlds’ Finest #27-32.

Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman: Trinity Deluxe Edition
    Matt Wagner
    On Sale Date: January 19, 2016
    9781401256906, 1401256902
    Hardcover
    $28.99 USD, $35.00 CAD
    208 pages

When Batman’s greatest nemesis, Ra’s al Ghul, recruits Bizarro and an Amazon warrior to aid him in his plan to create global chaos, the Dark Knight Detective suddenly finds himself working with the Man of Steel and the Amazon Princess. Looking to thwart the madman’s plot to simultaneously destroy all satellite communications as well as all of the world’s oil reserves, Earth’s greatest heroes reluctantly band together. But if Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman are to have any hope of stopping Ra’s’ nuclear missile assault, they will first need to overcome their own biases and reconcile their differing philosophies.

Collects BATMAN/SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN: TRINITY #1-3.
    Previously known as Psyshot

Is the George Perez omnibus still scheduled for release?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Is the George Perez omnibus still scheduled for release?
    IIRC it is scheduled for August.

These are all really exciting! I'm glad we're getting another graphic novel (Jill Thompson mentioned a few years ago that she had a story she wanted to do), and I'm always happy when there's a reprint of a WW-centric story. I don't own A League of One so it'll be a nice addition to my WW books. But of course, the most exciting is finally a release date for Earth One!

Justice League: Cold Steel doesn't sound familiar. Was this just a storyline in JL or a mini-series I missed?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

A re-print for League of One? Squee!

Looks like DC really IS trying to get Wonder Woman some more love. Between the movies and all this goodness? I just hope they have something big planned for next year as well. Diana's anniversary should be big.

Curious about "A Very Selfish Princess." the title doesn't exactly thrill me, but I'm interested in giving it a try.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Justice League: Cold Steel doesn't sound familiar. Was this just a storyline in JL or a mini-series I missed?
    I had a look @ mycomicshop.com: it was a JLA Classified mini written and painted by Christopher Moeller:

JLA CLASSIFIED COLD STEEL 1:

Written by Christopher Moeller Art and cover by Moeller Get ready for a thrilling 2-issue miniseries written and painted by Christopher Moeller (JLA: A LEAGUE OF ONE)! The JLA members find themselves caught between two warring factions in a deep space conflict that threatens to split the Earth's mightiest super-team down the middle! Time is of the essence, causing the group to quickly choose sides ? which may be the heroes' first mistake! As the battle escalates, the team realizes that it must amp-up its collective powers and abilities ? leading to the first use of the JLA's towering battle-ready armor!

JLA CLASSIFIED COLD STEEL 2:

Written by Christopher Moeller Art and cover by Moeller Concluding the 2-issue painted Prestige Format miniseries! The new, fully augmented JLA is deployed to stem the intergalactic battle raging between two long- feuding worlds. But the heroes find that it's potentially fatal to judge a book by its cover when choosing sides in any war!

Last edited by David B.; 03-28-2015 at 08:58 AM.

> WW Earth 1 comes out the day before my b-day
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Nice to see Jill Thompson doing a WW project again. DC reprinting league of one...

time to reprint Hiketeia too

i lol'd hard at the superstar creative team

Oh hey, Wonder Woman: Earth 1 comes out on my birthday! \O/

That's awesome, can't wait to read it =}

Also, Jill Thompson's issue sounds pretty interesting, will check it out!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm another November baby here. I'm totally asking for Earth One as an early birthday present.

Incredible Member

VERY nice to see so much Wonder Woman love coming our way

Jill's new book sounds neat - was it already released online?