Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Which is why the first issue is at least a FCBD thing. You could give this a try without spending a single cent.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Majestic View Post
    Wow that degenerated quickly. Maybe dial it down a notch there leo. Sure he was a bit negative but threats like that - bordering on intimidation makes me feel uncomfortable.

In addition I love that the Avengers are going full-on multi-culti but if Prof. Chen Lu, the Radioactive Man is the main baddie... Then I will not buy this title.
    That's not the point, the point is negative comments are not allowed in appreciation threads. There's tons upon tons of threads which talk about the all new avengers that is filled with negative comments where that poster could take his comments to, this is not and will not be the placed for that. Now he was a new poster, so as such I presumed he didn't know the rules in regards to appreciation threads. This is why I posted the appreciation rules underneath so he would understand. I created this thread on the purpose of having a positive atmosphere regarding the new avengers book and if people can't respect that than I'll report them, it's that simple really.

Has anyone here read Original Sin #0 or S.H.I.E.L.D #2? How were Kamala and Sam in those issues?
    "Memento Mori if the nineth lion ate the sun."
    -Zero III

"The man on the moon rules the infinite time."
    -Phi

BANNED

Any guesses on Iron Man now?

Quote Originally Posted by MCBT View Post

Any guesses on Iron Man now?
    i bet he is Ultimate Tony a.k.a Antonio Stark because the armor design. or still the same Tony Stark with his brand new symbiote armor in red-gold color.

Niffleheim

I'm only familiar with Miles, Kamala, Sam and Thor so i cant wait to read this book. Falcon, Vision and IM i have never been interested in reading them but with Waid i'm sure he will make me like them a bit. I hope it's another version of Tony Stark thou coz i know i will never like him even if Waid is writing him.
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-05-2015 at 06:36 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Dopliss View Post
    Has anyone here read Original Sin #0 or S.H.I.E.L.D #2? How were Kamala and Sam in those issues?
    I think Waid did a great job portraying Kamala in SHIELD #2. She was very enthusiastic and nerdy, but not as exagerated as Slott wrote her in Amazing Spider-Man #7 & 8. With Slott it seemed like those were the only two traits that characterize Kamala, while Waid managed to show more depth. In SHIELD #2 Waid also takes Ms Marvel's powers further than what we have seen in her series, with Kamala learning new ways to use her elastic powers. I wonder if we will see more of that in the All-New Avenger series.

So we have Waid, Asrar's art, Kamala, Miles, Lady Thor and Nova. I am getting very excited with this book.

I will read anything that Mark Waid writes but this in particular has me super excited.

I love that these characters are being given a big chance on a big stage.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I love the fact that there's an appreciation thread for a team-book that hasn't begun yet. Not teasing or anything, just saying that I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    That's not the point, the point is negative comments are not allowed in appreciation threads. There's tons upon tons of threads which talk about the all new avengers that is filled with negative comments where that poster could take his comments to, this is not and will not be the placed for that. Now he was a new poster, so as such I presumed he didn't know the rules in regards to appreciation threads. This is why I posted the appreciation rules underneath so he would understand. I created this thread on the purpose of having a positive atmosphere regarding the new avengers book and if people can't respect that than I'll report them, it's that simple really.
    It's just how you said it I guess that got under my skin. The intolerance of it, the harshness, that whole rules are rules and ending it with threats. Just not my style. I know some people love playing thread-cop but that should be left to the mods.

I mean you could've pulled out a "This is an appreciation thread, bud. The hating/kvetching is to be had on other threads." And if he continues then you report it. Just felt how you dealt with it distasteful.

p.s. I love how the new Ms. Marvel character has taken off.

I've read S.H.I.E.L.D 2 which I only picked up due to Kamala, she was fun to read in that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I always thought Kamala was pretty, and Jorge Molina's work is always stunning to look at. My only thing is, what's up with the way Jessica's outfit folds by her abs, something doesn't quiet seem right with the fabric.
    I think that's just because it's being drawn as actual fabric & not the bodypaint most other artists draw it as.

Quote Originally Posted by insert90 View Post
    I'm really excited by this team and Marvel's willingness to take a risk with it. And of course, the creative team looks amazing. I'd recommend reading Original Sin #0 and SHIELD #2 to get an idea of Waid's takes on Nova and Ms. Marvel.
    Yes - both are well worth reading Waid actually does a better job of Nova's characterisation in Original Sin #0 that was being done in his book at the time IMO. And S.H.I.E.L.D #2 was a lot of fun, with Kamala being written with the depth that G.Willow Wilson's been giving her in her ongoing. But with a bit of extra flair as the "one and done" format of that book lends itself to lots of action, so we see more creative shapeshifting than her regular book.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Which is why the first issue is at least a FCBD thing. You could give this a try without spending a single cent.
    ^^
    This! I have a feeling that a lot of the detractors of this book don't realise that it's a FCBD thing that they can try for free.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I've read S.H.I.E.L.D 2 which I only picked up due to Kamala, she was fun to read in that.
    Knowing she was in #2 I gave #1 a go as well - it's a fun little book, enough that I put it on my pull list.
    Last edited by VJ.; 04-05-2015 at 02:00 PM.

Original Sin #0 was great, that was the first time I felt like picking up the Nova book since the first arc of the Marvel Now launch.
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by VJ. View Post
    Knowing she was in #2 I gave #1 a go as well - it's a fun little book, enough that I put it on my pull list.
    Glad you enjoyed it VJ, personally I didn't enjoy S.H.I.E.L.D that much - I didn't think they were terrible it's just that with Secret Wars and Convergence coming and with me trying to cut down on the amount of comics I buy this year I dropped it since I didn't really care about it LOL.

As I say though, glad you liked it VJ

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it VJ, personally I didn't enjoy S.H.I.E.L.D that much - I didn't think they were terrible it's just that with Secret Wars and Convergence coming and with me trying to cut down on the amount of comics I buy this year I dropped it since I didn't really care about it LOL.

As I say though, glad you liked it VJ
    I know what you mean about cutting down - thankfully I've got a few comics coming to the end of their run\finished & I'll be using secret wars to move everything apart from Ms. Marvel & Lazarus* to comixology (cheaper USD to GBP conversion rates). I'll probably give a lot of my old floppies away on FCBD when I pick up ANAD Avengers too.

*They're my most anticipated comics each month & I want to support my LCS.