Page 58 of 90 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I could be wrong, probably am wrong, but I don't see Melo as the type who'd say "discount" at the contract table. There are players in all four major sports who are strictly about the money and would willingly put a big paycheck before a championship, and I suspect Melo is one of those players. And since this might be his last major contract, how much would Melo be willing to sacrifice for the sake of a ring? Again, I could be mistaken, but I can't envision Melo as an "all for one, one for all, cut in pay for a title" sort of player. I guess we'll find out.
    There's not much we know of athletes to "know" that Carmelo won't take a smaller contract.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I could be wrong, probably am wrong, but I don't see Melo as the type who'd say "discount" at the contract table. There are players in all four major sports who are strictly about the money and would willingly put a big paycheck before a championship, and I suspect Melo is one of those players. And since this might be his last major contract, how much would Melo be willing to sacrifice for the sake of a ring? Again, I could be mistaken, but I can't envision Melo as an "all for one, one for all, cut in pay for a title" sort of player. I guess we'll find out.
    Melo to Miami, with Dwayne Wade giving it one more year. he cant possibly take more Cortisone injections in his knees.

When he (wade) retires, Miami will have enough cap room to sign Melo long term.

BANNED

Wade needs to be like Manu, spark plug off the bench not a starter. It help if he went and practiced his 3 pointer.

Astonishing Member

As has been proven, a Miami championship is a LeBron championship. So taking a huge pay cut that won't elevate your stature is stupid. Better to go to Chicago or Houston where you won't be regarded as a sidekick. I have to say I think that Golden state warriors are being smart by keeping klay. The Minnesota trade is a lateral move.

Justice League Reserve Manchuto's Avatar

I think the best place to go for Melo is Chicago where he can be what he always has been the Number 1 option. The problem is that he has to learn to share and that it's a team game. They have a solid supporting cast in Chicago, but I don't think they have the Cap room for Melo. Until he changes his mentality a little, I don't think he will ever win a championship.
    The Heroic Manchuto Guardian Of The Purple Moon and Protector of Metropolis and Gotham City on DC Universe Online

Quote Originally Posted by Manchuto View Post
    I think the best place to go for Melo is Chicago where he can be what he always has been the Number 1 option. The problem is that he has to learn to share and that it's a team game. They have a solid supporting cast in Chicago, but I don't think they have the Cap room for Melo. Until he changes his mentality a little, I don't think he will ever win a championship.
    Chicago has cap room to sign Melo. It might not even put them in the tax, I forget exactly what their situation is though.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Offensively, he should be able to fit in, but how about on the defensive side. That's the side that Thibs puts emphasis on, and I forget how invested Melo is to defense.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BANNED

Not much based on what i had seen.

Extraordinary Member

Accoerding to ESPN LeBron is opting out.

Its Brossard reporting this so take it with a grain of salt, since nobody's spoken on the record yet.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miam...act-miami-heat

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Accoerding to ESPN LeBron is opting out.

Its Brossard reporting this so take it with a grain of salt, since nobody's spoken on the record yet.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miam...act-miami-heat
    I wonder how open would Riley be for a sign and trade. The Heat need a future, and they sacrifced that to be great in the now. Would The First pick in the draft , Dion Waiters, and Tristan Thompson be enough to help Miami build for the future or do they just let go and use the salary cap room for more skilled talent.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    I wonder how open would Riley be for a sign and trade. The Heat need a future, and they sacrifced that to be great in the now. Would The First pick in the draft , Dion Waiters, and Tristan Thompson be enough to help Miami build for the future or do they just let go and use the salary cap room for more skilled talent.
    Wade aged in dog years and Bosh is more or less content to be a role player most of the time.

The Heat need to load up again on talented role players. They had them. They just got old.

What this does is serve notice to Miami to get to work on that. If LeBron doesn't see any help coming he will go elsewhere.

The interesting question is what will Wade and Bosh do. I don't see Wade opting out. There's nothing in that for him. The Heat might not resign him at all if he did that.

Bosh could go either way.

LeBron is looking for leverage.

If Riley's plan isn't what he likes, he'll try to leave.

LAC is where LeBron wants if he leaves. LAC will happily give up Jordan, Dudley, Barnes, and others to get it done. LeBron is going to want to keep Reddick, possibly Barnes.

Heat is going to look to sign Lowery, re-sign Chalmers probably, I would have said re-sign Beasley, but reports of LeBron not liking Beasley's effort or knowledge is going to kill that, go after Ariza, re-sign Anderson or go after a decent rim-protector. I think to make it work, Bosh and Wade are opting out to sign longer and less upfront money (like they did last time around).

BANNED

He's learned well from his playing days in Cleveland. No improvement I'm out of here.

Chicago is horrible because of Jerry M. Reinsdorf. I wouldnt play there for all the gold on Neptune.

He also owns Global Security and Intelligence Strategies one of those private army firms like Blackwater.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 06-24-2014 at 07:52 PM.

BANNED

Really did not know that.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I'm of the opinion that Lebron will eventually resign with Miami, but if he were to take his talents elsewhere, I could see him going to L.A., but to play of the Clippers who are the main event in Tinseltown these days, not the fast fading Lakers.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!