Page 84 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1341
    Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arundel Armor Hunter View Post
    Who was expecting the Lakers to be winners?
    That guy from The Shining

The Rockets did fine actually.

They didn't get Bosh. Sucks, and he would have fit well.
    They didn't keep Parsons. Sucks, but he would have been overpaid and Houston would lose flexibility.
    They signed Ariza. This is a HUGE win. Ariza can defend almost all of the 3's in the league except LeBron and Durant probably. He's a great 3pt shooter. He doesn't cost them cap flexibility. He fixes a major problem with Houston of not being able to guard ANYBODY on the perimeter except with Beverly.

The Rocket's biggest issues are chemistry and defense. Ariza really helps with defense. They still need to figure out how to play with each other. Posting Howard over and over and over again is disruptive for the team. Howard isn't as good as he was back in 2009, but he doesn't recognize that. Harden needs to improve his defense tremendously as well as learning how to play without the ball. Beverly needs to shoot better from the outside. Losing Parsons means more shots for Howard and Harden, but they lose some alternative scoring. Ariza is deadly from the 3, and he can run the floor in transition still. They need a backup PG or SG however, since they traded Lin. Maybe they can work out something with Phoenix, who has tons of PGs right now.

I think Stephenson is going to end up with the Lakers. I think they'll over pay him for 2 years and see if he develops into a great player or not with Kobe yelling at him day and night.

Of course the problem with that is I don't know if any team can handle Swaggy P and Lance at the same time. Can't have 2 crazy guys on the same team.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Hey, gotta have somebody to blow in Lebron's ear twice a year.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Justice League Reserve Manchuto's Avatar

The question I have is who is Phil Jackson going to bring to New York to help complement Melo. I'm sure there is not that much cap room to bring in a star but some rebounding help would be nice since Chandler is gone.
    The Heroic Manchuto Guardian Of The Purple Moon and Protector of Metropolis and Gotham City on DC Universe Online

Quote Originally Posted by byc View Post
    The Rockets did fine actually.

They didn't get Bosh. Sucks, and he would have fit well.
    They didn't keep Parsons. Sucks, but he would have been overpaid and Houston would lose flexibility.
    They signed Ariza. This is a HUGE win. Ariza can defend almost all of the 3's in the league except LeBron and Durant probably. He's a great 3pt shooter. He doesn't cost them cap flexibility. He fixes a major problem with Houston of not being able to guard ANYBODY on the perimeter except with Beverly.

The Rocket's biggest issues are chemistry and defense. Ariza really helps with defense. They still need to figure out how to play with each other. Posting Howard over and over and over again is disruptive for the team. Howard isn't as good as he was back in 2009, but he doesn't recognize that. Harden needs to improve his defense tremendously as well as learning how to play without the ball. Beverly needs to shoot better from the outside. Losing Parsons means more shots for Howard and Harden, but they lose some alternative scoring. Ariza is deadly from the 3, and he can run the floor in transition still. They need a backup PG or SG however, since they traded Lin. Maybe they can work out something with Phoenix, who has tons of PGs right now.
    If they're smart they're pursuing Bledsoe, who was still on the board last I saw.

Edit: and if the heat are smart they're desperately trying to get into Greg Monroe's ear
    Last edited by Hiromi; 07-14-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Do the Lakers even have a head coach yet? Last I heard, I think Kobe was pushing for Byron Scott.

Meanwhile, my Sixers are something like $30 million under the cap and, so far, they can't even GIVE that money away.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Dwayne Wade has signed a new 2 year contract with the Heat

Heat have also resigned Chalmers and have a commitment from Anderson

Bulls have finally amnestied Boozer

Mike Miller has signed a 2 year deal with the Cavs, Lebron is reportedly strongly recruiting Ray Allen now who will likely either join Lebron or retire.

Kris Humphries has signed with the Wizards
    Last edited by Hiromi; 07-15-2014 at 07:37 PM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

At this point, Chalmers is a placeholder for Napier. And I'm expecting Allen to sign with the Cavs for a year.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Lance Stephenson has signed with Charlotte for 3 years

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Lance Stephenson has signed with Charlotte for 3 years
    Damn, Charlotte is not playing around. Indiana needs to step up. I say Hibbert for Bledsoe and a first rounder.

Astonishing Member

What they won was not overpaying for subpar talent. There was absolutely no good reason for any of the big names to go LA. They lost by not trading Gasol and Howard, when they could have gotten some assets for them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Do the Lakers even have a head coach yet? Last I heard, I think Kobe was pushing for Byron Scott.

Meanwhile, my Sixers are something like $30 million under the cap and, so far, they can't even GIVE that money away.
    Coach Kobe. If he gets injured again he can paid as a coach and an injured player.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Damn, Charlotte is not playing around. Indiana needs to step up. I say Hibbert for Bledsoe and a first rounder.
    Beats the hell out of paying Heyward 15 mil a year

Quote Originally Posted by Manchuto View Post
    The question I have is who is Phil Jackson going to bring to New York to help complement Melo. I'm sure there is not that much cap room to bring in a star but some rebounding help would be nice since Chandler is gone.
    Gasol will be a free agent Next year he would be a good pick up. I'm talking about the better Gasol Marc. Knicks would still need to strengthen the bench get some more defense and another scorer. Melo can't be the only one on th eteam who can get his own shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Dwayne Wade has signed a new 2 year contract with the Heat

Heat have also resigned Chalmers and have a commitment from Anderson

Bulls have finally amnestied Boozer

Mike Miller has signed a 2 year deal with the Cavs, Lebron is reportedly strongly recruiting Ray Allen now who will likely either join Lebron or retire.

Kris Humphries has signed with the Wizards
    poor Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    At this point, Chalmers is a placeholder for Napier. And I'm expecting Allen to sign with the Cavs for a year.
    Ray Allen should just retire he looks done, even as a jump shooter.

Coach Kobe. If he gets injured again he can paid as a coach and an injured player.
    I would love to see another player coach in th eNBA, but hell if it should be Kobe.
    The J-man