Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Jonah Weiland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The woefully disappointing top seeded Pacers staved off elimination last night with a 95-88 win over Atlanta, forcing a game seven on Saturday.

Meanwhile, L'affaire Sterling has taken a darker turn with news that the disgraced owner of the Clippers is suffering from prostate cancer. So, at the risk of sounding snarky, that lifetime ban might not last all that long.
    I hate Sterling, he's a miserable man and as a long suffering Clippers fan, well, he rarely did the team any good, but I never would wish cancer on anyone. That's terrible news.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Weiland View Post
    I hate Sterling, he's a miserable man and as a long suffering Clippers fan, well, he rarely did the team any good, but I never would wish cancer on anyone. That's terrible news.
    I lost my mother to lung cancer 21 years ago, so yeah, I wouldn't wish that horror on anyone either, not even Sterling.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

We don't have enough game 7s in the first round, Dallas and Brooklyn need to win their game 6s

We are now enemies.

#ClipperNation

#GSWARRIORS!

Yes i am calling out CBR's owner

VIVA LA X-BOARDS
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I need more Roberson! Count Yoda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    #GSWARRIORS!

VIVA LA X-BOARDS
    We shall hold a candlelight vigil, should the worst come to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post

#GSWARRIORS!

VIVA LA X-BOARDS
    This may be the first flame war on the new CBR Community.
    -- Jonah Weiland
    -- Just Another Comic Book Fan
    Tweets | Webs
    | 'grams

One can hope. Should have happened last year. I can't stand the Heat and it's all about Lebron hate. Pisses me off most they're going to have an easy time cruising to the NBA Finals. Crush the Bobcats, crush the Hawks, maybe 5 games against the Wizards? This only makes me want non conferences so teams like the Heat don't get a super easy time through the playoffs. They're already the best team in there, but the possible playoff schedule just seems unfair lol. Whereas SAS, OKC, LAC, GSW, etc. are killing themselves to get into the playoffs.

Amazing Member

The Heat can't play Atlanta and Washington in these playoffs. Those two are on the same side of the bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    We don't have enough game 7s in the first round, Dallas and Brooklyn need to win their game 6s
    I fully expect both the Raptors (actually going to be at this one supporting my Raptors since Brooklyn is so close to Toronto, #WeTheNorth) and the Spurs to close out their series.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaBatmanFanGuy View Post

One can hope. Should have happened last year. I can't stand the Heat and it's all about Lebron hate. Pisses me off most they're going to have an easy time cruising to the NBA Finals. Crush the Bobcats, crush the Hawks, maybe 5 games against the Wizards? This only makes me want non conferences so teams like the Heat don't get a super easy time through the playoffs. They're already the best team in there, but the possible playoff schedule just seems unfair lol. Whereas SAS, OKC, LAC, GSW, etc. are killing themselves to get into the playoffs.
    All losing sides make the same argument.

2013, if Ray Allen missed that shot in game 6...
    2011, if LeBron didn't meltdown...
    2008, if Boston didn't have the Big 3...
    2008 Spurs vs. Suns first round, Duncan hits that ridiculous 3pt to force OT, and then win that game and sweep the Suns...
    2007, if the Mavs didn't panick in the 1st round against the Warriors...
    2005, Pistons vs. Heat, if Wade played game 7...
    2004, Lakers vs. Pistons, if Kobe only passed the ball to Shaq more...
    2003, if the Spurs just played a REAL team, not those chumps the Nets, whom they swept...
    1988, Lakers vs. Pistons, if Kareem didn't get that foul call in game 6...
    1987, if Magic didn't hit the baby hook over McHale and Parish...

etc.

As much as we joke about the Spurs being 5 seconds away from winning game 6 they had every opportunity to win that game in overtime(given that their blatant illegal substitution of Tim Duncan during the ref replay review of Allen's shot went unnoticed) as well as game 7 and just got flat out outplayed, so I don't buy the should have argument.

This may be the first flame war on the new CBR Community.
    And over sports! That would be a first!

To tell the truth, i'm that passionate about Basketball. Football is my sport
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Zach Randolph is suspended for game 7 after throwing a punch at Steven Adams. Yeah real smart move their Zach, cost the team their best player for a win or go home game because you got mad at someone who plays 8 minutes a game. The Grizzlies might as well just forfeit the game and series.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 05-02-2014 at 04:07 PM.

BANNED

Zach Randolph is suspended for game 7 after throwing a punch at Steven Adams. Yeah real smart move their Zach, cost the team their best player for a win or go home game because you got mad at someone who plays 8 minutes a game. The Grizzlies might as well just forfeit the game and series.
    Lol the only good call Scott Brooks made. Try to get Zach tossed.

Having watched ZBo play against the Clippers in two playoff series now, my hate for him as a player knows no bounds, but I do feel for the Grizz. It feels like the NBA has handed OKC a win, which is a shame.
    -- Jonah Weiland
    -- Just Another Comic Book Fan
    Tweets | Webs
    | 'grams