Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    They don't really fit comfortably with the FLASH mythos. I hope it's a one-and-done concept rather than something like the Emotional Spectrum, which hijacked the GL mythos and dominated it for *years.*

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    still on the fence on all the new forces really. don't know why but i don't it's clicking with me actually. maybe other fans are liking it, maybe i need to give it time...
    Nope! Completely uninterested and it killed a really good run on The Flash that I was enjoying. So I have dropped for the time being until this mess hopefully finishes.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    They don't really fit comfortably with the FLASH mythos. I hope it's a one-and-done concept rather than something like the Emotional Spectrum, which hijacked the GL mythos and dominated it for *years.*

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Everything about these "Forces" just sound like they're trying to replicate the Emotional Spectrum for the Flash books, but I doubt it'll catch on as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Everything about these "Forces" just sound like they're trying to replicate the Emotional Spectrum for the Flash books, but I doubt it'll catch on as much.
    I hope not! I hope these arcs are finished with quickly.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

I love the new forces just like I enjoyed the introduction of the Emotional Spectrum. It's a natural progression of the speedforce concept to me; it was always odd to me that speed would be the one aspect of reality that was basically magic. I think it's a clever way to expand the Flash mythos without adding an umpteenth speedster. I love Fuerza, her powers are cool, I dig her character design and it's dope to see more afro-latin characters. Hopefully they can do a good job of fleshing out the new force users like they did with the other Lantern corps and I hope they do a better job of regularely incorporating them effectively than they did with the other corps.

That being said, I think teaming them up in one title would be lame as hell. There is little to no chance they'd do either character justice. They exist better in their separate realms of the DC landscape. A team up or a crossover here and there could work with any hero, that's cool but they have too much going on to can their individual book. Both characters carry their own universe behind them.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-16-2018 at 06:19 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    That being said, I think teaming them up in one title would be lame as hell. There is little to no chance they'd do either character justice. They exist better in their separate realms of the DC landscape. A team up or a crossover here and there could work with any hero, that's cool but they have too much going on to can their individual book. Both characters carry their own universe behind them.
    Barry and Hal's team-ups are generally pretty fun, and if Batman/Superman can carry a team-up book that ties both their worlds together I think Flash and Green Lantern can too with the right writer.

Hal has at least been better served in Flash team-ups then he was for a lot of GL/GA with Ollie.

Like, something in lieu of Mark Waid's GL/Flash book but on an ongoing basis and without the time-jumps could be pretty solid in my opinion.

I wouldn't want it to replace the solo's of course.

Barry and Hal's team-ups are generally pretty fun, and if Batman/Superman can carry a team-up book that ties both their worlds together I think Flash and Green Lantern can too with the right writer.

Hal has at least been better served in Flash team-ups then he was for a lot of GL/GA with Ollie.

Like, something in lieu of Mark Waid's GL/Flash book but on an ongoing basis and without the time-jumps could be pretty solid in my opinion.

I guess if they do it in conjunction with their own books then no harm no foul but I'm still not too jazzed on regular team up of big names. However, I'm also of the philosophy that anything could work under the right creative team so maybe. I'm mainly not too excited about the idea because I'm not one for golden-aged thinking; if it's been done before, no need to do it again, ya know? Have it be Barry and John or Wally and Kyle, or Wally and Hal, or Wallace and Teen Lantern.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

a team up mini series with the three of them would be fun too.

of course dinah would have to be in it too.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    a team up mini series with the three of them would be fun too.

of course dinah would have to be in it too.
    Minus the new 52 suits.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Minus the new 52 suits.
    The actual figures look much better though .

Astonishing Member

The actual figures look much better though .
    I was thinking the same thing. The lines look busy on paper, but it's different on a 3d model.