Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Interesting find, I forgot that way back, GL had actually become "co-feature" in Flash.
    Although if done now it would probably be the other way around.

I like how Ollie is - And don't forget me!
    Was it the GL-GA run that had just got canceled?
    Last issue of Green Lantern in 1972 was cover-dated April-May 1972.

The Flash #217 was cover-dated August-September 1972.

By the way, Hal's own book resumed with issue #90 in 1976; the cover still had the "Green Lantern co-starring Green Arrow" logo.

I think a Flash/Green Lantern book makes more sense as a spin-off of both titles than a Speed Force or GL Corps book does.
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    No, but O'Neil literally had the Guardians decrease the power of Hal's ring during "Hard Traveling Heroes." Not the best way to handle it, imo...
    I know it's "award winning" and all that but, I never really liked that era of GL/GA.

Love both characters but teaming them up because they both wear green is a lame excuse.

Flash/GL work together power wise, visually, and personality wise.

GL/GA always seems forced to me. I prefer Green Arrow hanging with Batman of any of the JLA.
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    I know it's "award winning" and all that but, I never really liked that era of GL/GA.
    Were you alive then? It was very different for its time, so maybe it just seemed somewhat dated depending on when you encountered it.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Were you alive then? It was very different for its time, so maybe it just seemed somewhat dated depending on when you encountered it.
    I'm 52. Started reading GL when it was a backup in Flash so I just missed that. I did eventually read it in my teens though. It was okay. just not that great. Hal and Ollie have never been my favorite team. They both get exaggerated too much when they team them up. imo.
    Batman - Daredevil

ollie and hal doesn't match up power wise. so finding a a foe that could challenge hal and not overwhelm ollie may be a challenge. flash on the other hand is a different story when it comes to gl level threats.

although they did manage to go up against mongul and the black mercy, which was a fun read.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

If I wasn't so thoroughly fed up with all things under Didio right now I'd be totally up for a team-up book featuring any Flash and any GL. That combo just goes so well together. Even visually.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    If I wasn't so thoroughly fed up with all things under Didio right now I'd be totally up for a team-up book featuring any Flash and any GL. That combo just goes so well together. Even visually.
    red and green do work together well. reminds of Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    red and green do work together well. reminds of Christmas.
    And combining their logos looks great!

Green Lantern + Flash = Light-Speed
    But again, as to the OP original question, a team-up Light-Speed book would be great.
    However not instead of their individual books, as a spin-off. Mini-series or something, I'de make this the vehicle for it it.
    Great visual; Always thought if Allen ever needed a cosmic faring treadmill, Jordan could actually generate the perfect one, by both protecting them in a bubble/"ship" and willing it into an infinite loop, like a Möbius strip Flash could run on endlessly and never burn out so long as Jordan's will holds.
    Together they could generate this kind of self-protected speed-force/will-powered cosmic time/dimension hopping light-speed construct, that could take them anywhere.
    Or Maybe have Sinestro and Prof. Zoom team up, wreaking havok through the time-stream, making it so Hal and Barry become enemies and have to fight each-other;.
    Also great image, by Ethan & Moose, what was this from? And where can I read the Sinestro Zoom team-up!
    Still not sure what that ^ image was from? I'm unofficially calling it:
    - "Breaking the SPEED of LIGHT"
    Would love to see it play out.

Again, not at the expense of either of their individual books. As a companion spin-off, or mini.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-30-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    ollie and hal doesn't match up power wise. so finding a a foe that could challenge hal and not overwhelm ollie may be a challenge. flash on the other hand is a different story when it comes to gl level threats.
    And yet they never seem to have a problem teaming Batman with Superman or Wonder Woman (or both). The problem of course is that they have to find ways for Superman to not end things in two seconds so that Batman can seem effective and I wouldnt' want to see that happen with Hal all the time. I would much prefer to see Hal team with Barry.

I think that is a terrible idea. I love when they team-up, but Barry and Hal both have their own spaces in the DC Universe and putting their books together would limit both characters.

It is threads like this that makes me thankful that most posters on CBR have no control in DC or Marvel.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

For the record though, I'd only want a team-up book with Barry and Hal alongside Hal's solo book. Hal solo above all else, always.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'd rather DC fire up the Brave & the Bold again.
    I'll have to go back and re-read those GL back-up stories.
    If memory serves, they weren't all that great...
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I would be more interested since on their own I'm not that interested in both characters while I always enjoy buddy cop stories.

Astonishing Member

And combining their logos looks great!

But again, as to the OP original question, a team-up Light-Speed book would be great.
    However not instead of their individual books, as a spin-off. Mini-series or something, I'de make this the vehicle for it it.
    Or Maybe have Sinestro and Prof. Zoom team up, wreaking havok through the time-stream, making it so Hal and Barry become enemies and have to fight each-other;.
    Still not sure what that ^ image was from? I'm unofficially calling it:
    - "Breaking the SPEED of LIGHT"
    Would love to see it play out.

Again, not at the expense of either of their individual books. As a companion spin-off, or mini.
    Why are there two figures in one Herclix dial?