Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Spectacular Member

This is how I see it, If you trying have it completely make sense it won't ,Civil War was to make money by having two side heroes fight.Marvel heroes wouldn't fight just as much DC heroes would and Captian America taking postion that he did make any sense.So with that in mind this how Civil War would have went with DC

Who would have been the major players?

Lex Luthor,Batman,Superman Pro Reg Heroes Aquaman,Wonder Woman,Mr Terrfic,GL John Stewart Anti Reg Heroes Green Arrow,Flash,GL Hal Jordan,Bat family characters

Who would taken the Iron Man role, advocating for a registration act?

Lex Luthor would take the Iron Man role,It just makes more sense replace everything Tony Stark did Civil War feels like what Lex would have done.Of course you would have to build up Lex legit hero before the event but if you are stealing Civil War then just picture lex replacing Norm Orsborn in a DC version of Secret Invasion(yes i know it came after CW) where White Martian try to take over and you have why he is considered a hero.

Who would have taken the Captain America role, denouncing said act leading to their (temporary) public murder?

Batman would have taken the Cap role.Of Course He is the hero that cares the most about keeping his idenity secret.Batman is interesting because he would understand the need for it but does think it would be the right plan and of course is proven right over the course of the story that exact plan of registration was wrong.

And who would have taken the Spider-Man role, revealing their identity?

Here is the big difference .The Spiderman role would have gone to Superman the purpose of story is about impact(and sales) and Superman revealing his secret idenity would be the biggest impact like Spiderman for Marvel.Of Course Superman working with Lex is hard thing to sell to comic fans but Superman just following the laws of nation makes sense and that how it would work.And based on the current Superman idenity revel I think DC fans would much prefer a press conference at the Daily Planet where Superman goes "I AM CLARK KENT" in the context of a huge story and watching Lois Lane,Perry White,and Jimmy react in that setting would be great.

What things would likely have gone the same way?What things would likely have gone differently?What would have been the likely fallout for the DCU?

More less Civil War it set up to have heroes fight, So it goes about the same Superman realize at some point that he is on the wrong side switches side and since Lex is villian instead of Ironman he does something wrong (probably kill or lead to Superman death) which cause all the heroes to unite against him.Fallout is the heroes not trust each other for awhile.Civil War where the heroes act in completely in character is just angry convo between heroes where at the end they go and beat Supervillians together for Civil war to work you need characters to act out of characters at some point.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

To add to my earlier post, I think it would be interesting to see Martian Manhunter being used as a vehicle for this kind of registration. I imagine him offering a sort of widespread cerebro effect in which he gathers all the knowledge and distributes it globally, perhaps only to those with well-intentioned minds. And his argument for it would be that he comes from a place that lived in harmony without the need for such secrets, and he can give the same gift to humanity, out of fear that it might also be destroyed.

jmwhite6234

Here's my version of what the civil war would look like. It ties in the Young Justice/CW universes. Honest opinions and nothing nasty.

DC's Civil War:
    Key:
    (DF) - Defected
    (DA) - Double Agent
    † - Deceased

Pro: Anti:
    Clark Kent -> Superman Bruce Wayne -> Batman
    Ray Palmer -> The Atom Oliver Queen -> Green Arrow
    "Diana Prince -> Wonder Woman" - Dolos † Dinah Lance -> Black Canary
    Hal Jordan -> Green Lantern (DA) Selina Kyle -> Catwoman
    John Stewart -> Green Lantern Arthur Curry -> Aquaman
    Barry Allen -> The Flash (DF) Kyle Rayner -> Green Lantern
    Nathaniel Adams - Captain Atom Kent Nelson -> Doctor Fate
    Karter Hol -> Hawkman † J'onn J'onnz -> Martian Manhunter
    Shayeria Hol -> Hawkgirl John Smith - Red Tornado
    Billy Bateson -> Shazam Jefferson Pierce -> Black Lighting
    Booster Gold Orion
    Curtis Holt -> Mr Terrific † Zatanna -> Zatanna Zatara
    Icon Albert Rothstein -> Atom Smasher †
    Mari McCabe -> Vixen † Ronnie Raymond/Jason Rusch -> Firestorm
    Guy Gardner -> Green Lantern Jade

Justice: Titans:
    Garth -> Tempest Dick Grayson -> Nightwing
    Victor Stone -> Cyborg Roy Harper -> Red Arrow Wally West -> Kid Flash † Koriand'r - Starfire
    Kara Zor-El -> Super Girl Red Robin -> Tim Drake
    Rose Wilson -> Ravanger (DF) Jaime Reyes -> Blue Beetle
    Hank Hall -> Hawk † Andrew Garfield -> Beast Boy/Changeling
    Don Hall -> Dove † Virgil Fox -> Static
    Terra -> Tara Markov † Kon-El/Connor Kent -> Superboy/Krypton X
    Leonid Konstantinovitch Kovar -> Red Star Bart Allen -> Impulse
    Raven M'gaan M'oorse -> Miss Martian
    Cassie Sandsmark -> Wonder Girl (DF)

Suicide Squad: Outsiders:
    Floyd Lawson - Deadshot Jason Todd - Red Hood
    Calculator † Poison Ivy †
    Digger Harkness -> Captain Boomerang Slade Wilson -> Deathstroke
    Leonard Snart -> Captain Cold Metamorpho
    Mick Rory -> Heat Wave † Harley Quinn
    Black Manta † Helena Bertinelli - Huntress
    Major Force † Katana †
    Caitlin Snow - Killer Frost Ted Grant -> Wildcat †
    Cheetah Barbara Gordon - Orcale
    Bane † Mal Duncan -> The Guardian
    The Riddler † Jay Garrick -> The Flash
    Thaal Sinestro † Stephanie Brown -> Batgirl
    Killer Croc Damian Wayne -> Falcon
    Gorilla Grodd † Solstice

Allies(Pro): Allies(Anti):
    Metropolis P.D. Gotham P.D.
    Amanda Waller Star City P.D.
    U.S Government Central City P.D.
    Green Lantern Corps Coast City P.D.
    Apokolips Iris West-Allen
    Legion of Doom Birds of Prey
    Sinestro Corps League of Assassins - Talia al Ghul & Ra's al Ghul
    Steve Trevor Ares
    Freedom Fighters New Genesis
    National City P.D. Lex Luthor (LexCorp)
    Sons of Batman
    Justice Society of America (JSA)
    Legion of Superheroes
    Lucius Fox
    Olympians
    Team Arrow
    Team Flash
    Last edited by jmwhite6234; 03-13-2016 at 04:13 PM.

BANNED

How about this. If Civil War was a DC story, and came out at the exact same time, it wouldn't have been written by Mark Millar, and therefore might have been better written. Yes, DC would probably have given it to Geoff Johns. It would still have been better than what Millar gave us.

Civil War wouldn't work in the current DCU. I can't see any members of the Justice League being pro-registration. It's possibly post WWII patriotic flag waiving Superman would be pro-reg but not now. He would never put all of his friends and family at risk by registering his secret identity. Batman for sure wouldn't be pro registration and neither would Wonder Woman. Everyone already knows that Ironman is Tony Stark so he doesn't really have anything to lose by being pro registration. The Marvel heroes tend to work along side the govt a lot more than the DC heroes.

Besides DC already had their Civil War. It was called Kingdom Come.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Civil War wouldn't work in the current DCU. I can't see any members of the Justice League being pro-registration. It's possibly post WWII patriotic flag waiving Superman would be pro-reg but not now. He would never put all of his friends and family at risk by registering his secret identity. Batman for sure wouldn't be pro registration and neither would Wonder Woman. Everyone already knows that Ironman is Tony Stark so he doesn't really have anything to lose by being pro registration. The Marvel heroes tend to work along side the govt a lot more than the DC heroes.

Besides DC already had their Civil War. It was called Kingdom Come.
    I hadn't thought of that before, but I can see it now!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'd say their Civil War was Dark Knight Returns. Everybody's forced into retirement except Superman and that's only because he went along with it. We just didn't get to see it because it happened prior to the events of the original story. See, if Miller wanted to do a prequel, THAT would have been the more interesting story.