Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default ECCC: Marvel: From "Black Vortex" to "Secret Wars"

Marvel creators Kelly Sue DeConnick, Rick Remender and Charles Soule talk the publisher's latest events Saturday afternoon at Emerald City Comicon.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

Really glad we got confirmation there will still be a Fantastic Four book.

A fan asked about the lack of gay or bisexual lead characters at Marvel, and if there's an effort to be made to increase that representation. "We have to keep in that mind, but also, we don't want to push anything," Cebulski responded. "We don't want to create any kind of an agenda. We don't set limits on our writers. We want everything to occur naturally, we don't want it to feel forced. We want to be as diverse as possible, but we're not going out and targeting specific demographics for books, because fans know when it's forced."
    Fans are gonna claim you're forcing an agenda no matter how naturally you do it, so I say just turn into the skid and give us an ongoing starring one of your few gay characters, or, heck, go completely out of left-field and introduce a brand new trans character with their own ongoing.

BANNED

Peter isn't going anywhere.

See.

When asked about a perceived suppression of the Fantastic Four within Marvel publishing, Cebulski dismissed the notion that the characters are being held back. "There will be a 'Fantastic Four' book," Cebulski said, adding that the characters play an important part in "Secret Wars." "The characters are still loved." Cebulski also pointed out that Human Torch will be a part of "Uncanny Inhumans," as revealed earlier this week.
    To all you fearmongers and doomsayers who said Fantastic Four was going way because some anti-Fox conspiracy...

and to my fellow Fantastic Four fans.

Last edited by Kirby Krackle; 03-28-2015 at 04:12 PM.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

BANNED

Hope it's Reed,Maker,Doom,Namor.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    To all you fearmongers and doomsayers who said Fantastic Four was going way because some anti-Fox conspiracy...
    Yay, because who can't wait for Bendis Fantastic Four?

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelousmetalmouse View Post
    Fans are gonna claim you're forcing an agenda no matter how naturally you do it, so I say just turn into the skid and give us an ongoing starring one of your few gay characters, or, heck, go completely out of left-field and introduce a brand new trans character with their own ongoing.
    Exactly. When you are clearly pushing, and doing a good job, with diversity elsewhere, then fans are also going to point out that the lack of LGBT focus anywhere becomes conspicuous.

Not everything has to be about an agenda, it can just literally be putting stuff out to make sure you are appealing to all possible markets.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yay, because who can't wait for Bendis Fantastic Four?
    Lol. Now we move onto BUT THE WRITER WILL BE BAD YOU GUISE. Nah, I'm fine. I've been through worse writers with Marvel's first family. Sorry, I don't fall into the trap of being myself up over hypothetical's and maybe's. Besides, Bendis writes one hell of a Ben and Reed. So I really would not mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordonstar View Post
    Peter isn't going anywhere.

See.
    Except that Miles Morales can still be the main Spider-Man while Peter Parker is "still going to be around" and "not going anywhere." After all, the way C.B. Cebulski answered the question, he seemed to suggest that "Miles becoming the main Spider-Man" and "Peter Parker not being around after Secret Wars" meant the same thing, which they're not.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

BANNED

Theres no way Peter is taken off the Board, I'm sure Marvel will Publish two Spidermen books. Amazing sells, plus Axel said a Hero who was hated one earth will become loved long ago.

It would be super short term and super negative backlash bigger than one more day.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Fiegel View Post
    Really glad we got confirmation there will still be a Fantastic Four book.
    They are probably moving Fantastic Four to the same X-Men pocket universe they are rumored making and leave the characters eventually disappear when there is no more demand for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauri View Post
    They are probably moving Fantastic Four to the same X-Men pocket universe they are rumored making and leave the characters eventually disappear when there is no more demand for them.
    Brevoort confirmed on Twitter that the X-Men are remaining part of the Marvel Universe and not a separate one. Also, Johnny is going to be part of the Uncanny Inhumans cast, so sorry, not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordonstar View Post
    Theres no way Peter is taken off the Board, I'm sure Marvel will Publish two Spidermen books. Amazing sells, plus Axel said a Hero who was hated one earth will become loved long ago.

It would be super short term and super negative backlash bigger than one more day.
    Not taken off the board, necessarily. Peter Parker could still be in the Amazing Spider-Man comics and have an active role, but just not as Spider-Man, with the job going to Miles Morales instead. Basically Peter could be the mentor/gadget guy/field operator to Miles a la Bruce Wayne to Terry McGinnis a la Batman Beyond. And the comic could still be called Amazing Spider-Man. But, Marvel has shown twice in the past five years they've been able to publish a best-selling Spider-Man comic in which Peter Parker wasn't Spider-Man. First was Ultimate Spider-Man when Miles took over after Peter's supposed death, and then Superior Spider-Man, where Doc Ock took over Peter's body. Wouldn't surprise me if the lesson Marvel they took away from that was that "Spider-Man doesn't have to exclusively be Peter Parker to be successful."
    Last edited by stillanerd; 03-28-2015 at 04:59 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    Brevoort confirmed on Twitter that the X-Men are remaining part of the Marvel Universe and not a separate one. Also, Johnny is going to be part of the Uncanny Inhumans cast, so sorry, not happening.
    I hope you're correct, but somehow I still doubt it. Do you remember those rumors about Marvel turning Havoc and Cyclops into villains and eventually getting rid of the mutants in the Marvel Universe? Things are happening EXACTLY like that one guy that made a big post with leaked info about what would happen with the Marvel universe after Original Sin. Brevoort could say that Marvel would still be publishing X-Men and Fantastic Four comics, that they are part of the same "universe" in the broader sense, but then still do the pocket Marvel universe for X-Men and Fantastic Four anyway. I don't think there's room for the mutants with all this push that the Inhumans are getting, but we will see.