Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Just preordered Legionnaries Vol 2 (which comes out next week) and The Legion by Abnett and Lanning vol2 (which come out the 2nd week of June). It is just so great that we get a great Legion trade for 3 months in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Just preordered Legionnaries Vol 2 (which comes out next week) and The Legion by Abnett and Lanning vol2 (which come out the 2nd week of June). It is just so great that we get a great Legion trade for 3 months in a row.
    For me it'll just be Legionnaries Vol. 02 and Superboy and the Legion of the Super-Heroes Vol. 02. I already have the Legion Lost HC, but I really hope I we get a Vol. 03 and 04 of the DnA Legion.

Peace

Just a heads up, the Legion appears in the most recent issue of the Injustice 2 comic (#65 digital, #33 print). Seems like they're going to be a part of a story arc moving forward. So far spoilers:
    Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Ultra Boy, Karate Kid, Shrinking Violet, and Chameleon Boy have appeared.
    end of spoilers
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Only took them over a decade to collect the DnA run.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

All-New Member

DC Universe will include not only the Legion animated series, but also Adventure Comics from 1958. I assume that’s issue 247, which introduced the Legion. Could the wait soon be over?

I've been jonesing for some Legion content so I picked up that odd JLA Adventures: Trapped In Time movie...like I don't know if this was intended to be the start of a separate, slightly more juvenile cartoon universe? But it had Dawnstar and Karate Kid in it so I gave it a shot. I have no idea what they thought Dawny's powers were supposed to be (mystic blessings? Light arrows? Glowing and stuff?) but they did get Val's right. It was--like a lot of recent DC animation--competently enough animated but without super compelling plot and/or characterization, save for one goofy scene where a bunch of villains and heroes are playing football with an infant Kal-El (also an inspired version of Toyman, who is apparently a literal toy.)

That movie was weird. It was definitely made for the Teen Titans Go crowd of very young kids.

I ordered Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes Vol 2 (issues 241-258) the other day and can't wait for it to come. It has probably my all time favorite Legion story called Omega in it. These Superboy/Legion Collections might as well have just stuck with the Legion Archives title because that is what they really are, but I am really happy to see these issues collected under what every title they want to call it.

Extraordinary Member

I just re-read the Earth War story, and a few sporadic issues leading up to it.

The 70's stuff is pretty good.

I might need to try the Omega story.

I was thinking of getting the earlier Pulsar Stargrave, and death of Ultra Boy's ex story.

The Brainiac-5/Pulsar Stargrave story was a terribly missed opportunity, based on the build-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Dude Omega is awesome. It was only really 2 issues (250-251) but it was epic. Basically Brainiac 5 suffers a total nervous breakdown and uses the Miracle Machine to create a creature so powerful that it can destroy the universe. It literally takes out the whole Legion as it heads to Earth and this includes the heavy hitters like Ultra Boy, Mon El, and even Superboy. Not everyone is left sane by the end of this story.

Extraordinary Member

Dude Omega is awesome. It was only really 2 issues (250-251) but it was epic. Basically Brainiac 5 suffers a total nervous breakdown and uses the Miracle Machine to create a creature so powerful that it can destroy the universe. It literally takes out the whole Legion as it heads to Earth and this includes the heavy hitters like Ultra Boy, Mon El, and even Superboy. Not everyone is left sane by the end of this story.

I'm sold!

I get a kick out of Wildfire's tenure as leader during this stretch. I heard he had a big moment in the Omega story.

I love that jerk.

I'm sold!

I get a kick out of Wildfire's tenure as leader during this stretch. I heard he had a big moment in the Omega story.

I love that jerk.
    It was the scenes in this story that made Wildfire my favorite Legionnarie. It is just beyond epic.

Ultimate Member

I just re-read the Earth War story, and a few sporadic issues leading up to it.

The 70's stuff is pretty good.

I was thinking of getting the earlier Pulsar Stargrave, and death of Ultra Boy's ex story.

The Brainiac-5/Pulsar Stargrave story was a terribly missed opportunity, based on the build-up.
    The Death of An Ryd story is cool because you get to see Jo using his wits and street smarts, which more recent writers seem to have forgotten he has, treating him like a blockhead.

Omega was certainly interesting, and Wildfire did indeed make a big splash.

You know I was thinking with the push Shazam is getting lately with the new book and the movie coming up when the Legion does come back it might be time to bring back this character who had an all too short tenure on the reboot team....... CeCe Beck aka Thunder

I'm sold!

I love that jerk.
    I love that period too. But, was never sure about Cosmic Boy's bustier. I also thought Wildfire was pretty excellent. Poor teen with no body. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Man, I miss our old Legion thread.

Here's to my favorite Legionnaire of all, Cosmic Boy!

Cosmic Boy is my all time favorite too. You know the first comic book convention guest, wearing a costume (what we call cosplay nowadays) was a brave, lone dude, wearing a Cosmic Boy costume. Brave to wear pink around 1970.