Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    It was established just before DnA came on board for Legion of the Damned. His consciousness is the combination of two characters: Blast Off and Atom'X.
    That was another one of those cases of the writers trying to be cute and quirky in the reboot Legion. Sort of like when they made Sensor a giant snake. Wildfire was pretty much a complete mess in the reboot era until DnA fixed him him the best they could.

The Wildfire / Dawnstar romance was great, tragic, two really flawed characters with serious limitations drawn to one another.

Exclamation The Aggressive Guardians

When we think of the incredible diabolicalness that various super-villains such as Penguin and Count Vertigo can possess/create/promote, we must appreciate the great value of the wondrous and motivational Legion of Superheroes.

It's really difficult to think about how to deal with the likes of the nefarious Penguin, a moody crime-master, if dedicated sleuths such as Superboy and Wonder Woman and Batman were not around.

Such social analytics intrigue are actually explored in reflective Hollywood (USA) movies such as "The Zodiac" (2005).

The Zodiac (Film)

penguin.jpg

superboy.jpg

BANNED

Does anyone think that Jeff Lemire should write a LSH title? If I learned anything from his JLU run, it's that he absolutely LOVES the Legion more than the Justice League. Wildfire, Dawnstar & Mon-El are my favorites. I wouldn't want them to be out of the loop for too long. In my opinion, they're essential to the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    That's one of Alex Ross's best pieces. He's actually done several Legion pieces, all of which are great.

God, what I would give to have a Legion story illustrated by Ross.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    That's one of Alex Ross's best pieces. He's actually done several Legion pieces, all of which are great.

God, what I would give to have a Legion story illustrated by Ross.
    remember the justice maxi series? doug braithewaite and alex ross collaborated on the art. the last pages had a cameo from the legion.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Does anyone think that Jeff Lemire should write a LSH title? If I learned anything from his JLU run, it's that he absolutely LOVES the Legion more than the Justice League. Wildfire, Dawnstar & Mon-El are my favorites. I wouldn't want them to be out of the loop for too long. In my opinion, they're essential to the DCU.
    No. I did not like his take on the team at all for the most part. Lemire is just not good on team books period.

Read Future's End #46, and must admit I was pretty geeked to see an unexpected appearance by the spirit of a certain Legion reservist.

LEGION-AlexRoss.jpg

I saw the framed pic of this one in a WB store years ago. Wish I could have afforded it...

Astonishing Member

Matter-eater Lad is my favorite Legion character. I never read about him until Giffens 5 Year Later run. I had to go back and buy back issues for his other stories. Very powerful character, to eat ANY form of matter? If he could turn invisible he would be unstoppable.
    I have no beef with Vegans

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    NICE! VERY nice! Also, my favorite legionairie.

Peace