Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Decided to re-visit the crossover between my favorite eras of two of my favorite teams

Attachment 54765

This would be a glorious splash page on its own, but Val and Andrew just steal the show.
    My store, for some reason (don't remember what) didn't fulfill my order of this. It took me years to actually hunt down the full mini-series. Good times.

Peace

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Seeing Sensor snake in that pic just reminded me how much I disliked that character. That was about the point the reboot starting going off the rails for me. DnA did a decent job of fixing her somewhat at least looks wise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Seeing Sensor snake in that pic just reminded me how much I disliked that character. That was about the point the reboot starting going off the rails for me. DnA did a decent job of fixing her somewhat at least looks wise.

Aww, I liked Sneckie. Still, I'll concede that she's one of the few Legionnaires where their Reboot incarnation isn't my favorite. In an even rarer instance, it's a case where the Threeboot has my favorite incarnation.

Yes, visually, the DnA version was much more intresting, however she became yet another angsty character, while the snake Jeckie was refreshing in it's positivity and upbeatness. I also agree that by Titans and the Legion the reboot version was starting to go off the rails.

Peace

BANNED

While the "Archie" Legion may have been losing some steam by that point (I still don't think that that name is appropriate BTW), they clearly knew that too, hence why they had DnA come on and had them shift the tone, revitalizing the Legion for a few more great years, with some truly great stories (Including my favorite).

I also agree with the above. DnA's design for Sneckie was better, but her personality was much better beforehand.

I liked Sneckie, I can however, see why some people do not.

That one issue where she went to a club with Spark and Cham, and did a duet with the performer was one of my favorites.

BANNED

First Abnett trade comes out this Wednesday BTW

BANNED

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/09...?sf116669215=1

F**k. Now I have to watch Supergirl .

(Also, I'm fine with casting a non-white actress as Imra, but her hair better be dyed blonde.)

Cool! Hope she dyes her hair and Rokk and Garth aren't far behind .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cool! Hope she dyes her hair and Rokk and Garth aren't far behind .
    If Supergirl can give me a good live-action portrayal of the Legion Trinity, I will cry tears of joy.

Of course, given what I've seen and heard they did with Mon-El and the show's general quality of writing from the several full episodes I watched, I'm setting my expectations low.

If Supergirl can give me a good live-action portrayal of the Legion Trinity, I will cry tears of joy.

Of course, given what I've seen and heard they did with Mon-El and the show's general quality of writing from the several full episodes I watched, I'm setting my expectations low.
    I really enjoy the show, though I acknowledge there version of Mon-El is as far from the comic version as you can get...though he did have his moments...

While I've never watched Supergirl, I've literally never heard anything about its version of Mon-El that makes me think he's literally anything like the Man of Valor in the slightest.

As I'm currently on quite the Mon-El kick, I'm pretty frustrated that to the best of my knowledge he doesn't have a single onscreen appearance beyond Supergirl either! Damn shame, he's one of the coolest members of the coolest super-hero team DC has on roster in my humble opinion. To say nothing of how easy and totally obvious it would've been to put him on Smallville at least!

Last edited by Adekis; 09-25-2017 at 05:12 PM.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Fantastic Member

Did anyone get the Legion by DnA trade? Let's buy tons of it so Dc will keep publishing Legion stories!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    Did anyone get the Legion by DnA trade? Let's buy tons of it so Dc will keep publishing Legion stories!
    Any Reboot Legion trade they put out, I'm getting.

Fantastic Member

Any Reboot Legion trade they put out, I'm getting.
    Same here! The Legionnaires Trade V2 is out on May. Book One was pure fun.