Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That was one of the things I loved about the reboot was the return of Invisible Kid and Ferro. The reboot version of IK was probably the best character in the reboot.
    Post-Zero Hour Invisible Kid was pretty awesome. I also liked Cosmic Boy and Element Lad too in their Post ZH incarnations too.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Post-Zero Hour Invisible Kid was pretty awesome. I also liked Cosmic Boy and Element Lad too in their Post ZH incarnations too.
    Triad was the one I think I found most fascinating.

Peace

So does this mean the post-Zero Hour Legion is still out there somewhere?

"In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

Some awesome Gary Frank art:

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

The reboot legion is back!!!!!!!..... Maybe. Still, better than what we had before (no legion)
    Cyclops was right

If the Reboot Legion is indeed back, I hope they pick up from where The Legion ended, though I wonder how they would address the events of Legion of Three Worlds.

I'd love for reboot Legion to be back.

Peace

Spectacular Member

Did everyone see the legion in the Booster Gild issue too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Doyou have a link? Or a brief resume of those ideas?
    Here you might find something, especially in the part 3. Not sure if it was here that I originally read (pretty sure it was more of an interview format), but it does cover some of the same ground.

http://www.jimshooter.com/2011/05/le...ew-part-2.html

Peace

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

I need to go back and reread The Great Darkness Saga hardcover. I have a Legion Archives hardcover (disco Legion, yay!) and The More Things Change in trade paperback.

I really like this cast of characters. I especially like how everyone has something to offer to the Legion, whatever their powers.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    I need to go back and reread The Great Darkness Saga hardcover. I have a Legion Archives hardcover (disco Legion, yay!) and The More Things Change in trade paperback.

I really like this cast of characters. I especially like how everyone has something to offer to the Legion, whatever their powers.
    I love that era. The Levitz Legion is my favorite Legion era by far. The only one that come somewhat close is the Post-ZH/DnA era followed by the Johns/Levitz era.
    Last edited by Pharozonk; 09-28-2014 at 11:08 AM.

Astonishing Member

Giffen 5YL all the way for me, followed by Levitz/Giffen, followed by DnA.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

That first two years of the reboot era was some pretty good stuff that doesn't get that credit it deserves mainly because of the poor art choices. From the team slowly forming to the White Triangle Saga to the Fatal Five/President Chu story line right up to the Mordru/Emerald Vi story. I really and truly think that stuff storywise is in my top 5 periods of the Legion. It was only after they split the team in two and sent half into the past that things started to wane, but even after that there were still a some good stories mixed in here and there. I will say that after issue 100 the books dropped in quality further and further until DnA came in and rescued the franchise though. That last couple of years was some really bad stuff.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 09-25-2014 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Giffen 5YL all the way for me, followed by Levitz/Giffen, followed by DnA.
    Out of curiosity, what did you think of some of the developments from that era like Element Lad's sexuality change and Timber Wolf becoming Furball. Moments like those weakened some of the better moments of the 5YL period. I think the first 13 issues are almost perfect though.
    Last edited by Pharozonk; 03-25-2015 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That first two years of the reboot era was some pretty good stuff that doesn't get that credit it deserves mainly because of the poor art choices. From the team slowly forming to the White Triangle Saga to the Fatal Five/President Chu story line right up to the Mordru/Emerald Vi story. I really and truly think that stuff storywise is in my top 5 periods of the Legion. It was only after they split the team in two and sent half into the past that things started to wane, but even after that there were still a some good stories mixed in here and there. I will say that after issue 100 the books dropped in quality further and further until DnA came in and rescued the franchise though. That last couple of years was some really bad stuff.
    A very acurate acessment, IMHO.

Peace