Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    He is the true heir of Xavier. He has all his good intentions, moral superiority and hypocrisy.
    Beast is a dick!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    I like to always think of him the way he was in the 90's cartoon.
    Same. He was a great character and can be so once again. He needs a personality reboot (see: Bishop). It can be done. I've always loved the O5 and most of the members have went through dark days. I think they were rehabilitating Beast during Rosenberg's short lived Astonishing run but that didn't last. I love X-force but I think this book will have more X-fans hating Beast and I do wish they would go in a different direction for the character.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    He’s a hero but he’s a bad person.

Also Cat Beast is best Beast.
    Nu-uh, give me his old "ape" look with those big dark shiny eyes not the yellow cat eyes, Mytique and Kurt have yellow eyes, its a bit ridiculous. He was also a darker violet-blue. Marvel knew what they were doing back then.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Nu-uh, give me his old "ape" look with those big dark shiny eyes not the yellow cat eyes, Mytique and Kurt have yellow eyes, its a bit ridiculous. He was also a darker violet-blue. Marvel knew what they were doing back then.
    I maintain my position.

I really like Beast's design in the X-Men: First Class film. It was the perfect compromise of his ape and cat versions where his facial features were lion-esque without being fully feline.

BANNED

Great character. Is often the obvious fall guy, but I find that endearing as I don't like being heavy-handedly told by the story which character to like.

I really do hope Beast gets a decent writer who gets the nerdy genius with a heart of gold and returns him to a more fun loving personality.

If it was me, I would reveal that Dark Beast has/was poisoning his coffee all these years with a custom ingredient that increased his aggressiveness, depressive tendencies, and general dickishness level. Either that or he has been Dark Beast (or a clone thereof) for some years.

In one story I wrote I had Beast met Wanda Langkowski and leave for Alpha Flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebear View Post
    I really do hope Beast gets a decent writer who gets the nerdy genius with a heart of gold and returns him to a more fun loving personality.

If it was me, I would reveal that Dark Beast has/was poisoning his coffee all these years with a custom ingredient that increased his aggressiveness, depressive tendencies, and general dickishness level. Either that or he has been Dark Beast (or a clone thereof) for some years.

In one story I wrote I had Beast met Wanda Langkowski and leave for Alpha Flight.
    That would be such a copout and takes away most of Hank's agency. He did awful things. He should own that and be held accountable.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

unrecognizable, you can call him "Beast" but he most definitely is not

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

He really is not the Beast I knew and I canīt get behind this idea of "he was like this all along, he was just a hypocrite" because he just wasnīt, he was not perfect and he made mystakes and took pride in his work but he also was caring for his friends, family, X-men and the world and admired the work of other scientist and was the shoulder people could lean on, right now heīs looking worse than his AoA counterpart because at least Dark Beast admited who he was and was openly unredemable.

Also, I donīt think heīs being written with nuance, I think Beast from endangered species would be a better model for a Hank that has decided to go to extremes, because you still could see clearly it was his worry for his people and his friends the thing running his actions and the moment he knew he was going too far he stopped, the one on X-force just looks like a different person that doesnīt care for anybody, with his skin, who sees everybody around him as test subjects and that never was Hank.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-19-2021 at 05:47 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Mighty Member

I think Beast is great, he's in his "zero f**ks given" mode and I love it. He is doing what he believes is best for mutants just like everyone else does and he's not apologizing for anything, and I'm glad. No one on that island is in any position to call him out on anything. Many on Krakoa have done far worse than than Hank and are loved by readers for it, but Hank should be singled out for scorn? The days of the bouncing, jovial furball nobody took seriously are over, Hank may not be an omega or alpha level mutant but his vast intelligence makes him one of the most important mutants on Krakoa. He's no longer relegated to the sidelines or shoved into a lab. Besides everything "bad" he has done has been in service to mutantkind, just like! Magneto, Xavier, Apocalypse, Cyclops, Emma, ect.. has done. When others start getting called out for all the crap they have done then we look at Beast, until then Hank is perfectly fine.

I think Beast's current vibe is the best thing you can do with him. It's the path he's been on for over a decade at this point, and it makes him more useful from a structural standpoint. "Funny guy" and "smart guy" have plenty of characters to fill their niche.

Frankly, how Hank is written now is pretty much the same as he was written back in the Utopia era, it's just that this time, it's intentional. And he's less out a sell-out, but that's just because Xavier put him in charge of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    He really is not the Beast I knew and I canīt get behind this idea of "he was like this all along, he was just a hypocrite" because he just wasnīt, he was not perfect and he made mystakes and took pride in his work but he also was caring for his friends, family, X-men and the world and admired the work of other scientist and was the shoulder people could lean on, right now heīs looking worse than his AoA counterpart because at least Dark Beast admited who he was and was openly unredemable.

Also, I donīt think heīs being written with nuance, I think Beast from endangered species would be a better model for a Hank that has decided to go to extremes, because you still could see clearly it was his worry for his people and his friends the thing running his actions and the moment he knew he was going too far he stopped, the one on X-force just looks like a different person that doesnīt care for anybody, with his skin, who sees everybody around him as test subjects and that never was Hank.
    whoever said he was like this all along? He wasnt but people change. Thats life. His changes didnt happen over night but gradually over time. He lost his way and the problem with him is that he's failed to see that

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    whoever said he was like this all along? He wasnt but people change. Thats life. His changes didnt happen over night but gradually over time. He lost his way and the problem with him is that he's failed to see that
    It has been gradual and painful to watch him go the route he's going.

Hopefully he finds his way again soon. Probably ain't going to happen in X-Force though. It actually may get worse.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    unrecognizable, you can call him "Beast" but he most definitely is not
    Yes. (ten chars)