Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 196
  1. #181
    Astonishing Member gambitxremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    He is the true heir of Xavier. He has all his good intentions, moral superiority and hypocrisy.
    Beast is a dick!!!!!

  2. #182
    Mighty Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Appalachia
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    I like to always think of him the way he was in the 90's cartoon.
    Same. He was a great character and can be so once again. He needs a personality reboot (see: Bishop). It can be done. I've always loved the O5 and most of the members have went through dark days. I think they were rehabilitating Beast during Rosenberg's short lived Astonishing run but that didn't last. I love X-force but I think this book will have more X-fans hating Beast and I do wish they would go in a different direction for the character.

  3. #183
    Astonishing Member From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    He’s a hero but he’s a bad person.

    Also Cat Beast is best Beast.
    Nu-uh, give me his old "ape" look with those big dark shiny eyes not the yellow cat eyes, Mytique and Kurt have yellow eyes, its a bit ridiculous. He was also a darker violet-blue. Marvel knew what they were doing back then.

  4. #184
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Nu-uh, give me his old "ape" look with those big dark shiny eyes not the yellow cat eyes, Mytique and Kurt have yellow eyes, its a bit ridiculous. He was also a darker violet-blue. Marvel knew what they were doing back then.
    I maintain my position.

  5. #185
    Mighty Member Dipter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,119

    Default

    I really like Beast's design in the X-Men: First Class film. It was the perfect compromise of his ape and cat versions where his facial features were lion-esque without being fully feline.

  6. #186
    LET JEAN GREY BE FREE! Kitty&Piotr<3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,080

    Default

    Great character. Is often the obvious fall guy, but I find that endearing as I don't like being heavy-handedly told by the story which character to like.
    "Yes, it was a kind of adultery, but at the same time Jean wasn't being his wife anymore. I just felt that the spark between them had died out and it was time to give Scott someone else."
    -Grant Morrison on how it was Jean's fault Scott cheated.

    "Cyclops loves wilted roses because they remind him of dead redheads."
    -Gail

  7. #187
    Amazing Member Ogrebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    86

    Default

    I really do hope Beast gets a decent writer who gets the nerdy genius with a heart of gold and returns him to a more fun loving personality.

    If it was me, I would reveal that Dark Beast has/was poisoning his coffee all these years with a custom ingredient that increased his aggressiveness, depressive tendencies, and general dickishness level. Either that or he has been Dark Beast (or a clone thereof) for some years.

    In one story I wrote I had Beast met Wanda Langkowski and leave for Alpha Flight.

  8. #188
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    23,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebear View Post
    I really do hope Beast gets a decent writer who gets the nerdy genius with a heart of gold and returns him to a more fun loving personality.

    If it was me, I would reveal that Dark Beast has/was poisoning his coffee all these years with a custom ingredient that increased his aggressiveness, depressive tendencies, and general dickishness level. Either that or he has been Dark Beast (or a clone thereof) for some years.

    In one story I wrote I had Beast met Wanda Langkowski and leave for Alpha Flight.
    That would be such a copout and takes away most of Hank's agency. He did awful things. He should own that and be held accountable.

  9. #189
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,706

    Default

    unrecognizable, you can call him "Beast" but he most definitely is not

  10. #190
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,841

    Default

    He really is not the Beast I knew and I canīt get behind this idea of "he was like this all along, he was just a hypocrite" because he just wasnīt, he was not perfect and he made mystakes and took pride in his work but he also was caring for his friends, family, X-men and the world and admired the work of other scientist and was the shoulder people could lean on, right now heīs looking worse than his AoA counterpart because at least Dark Beast admited who he was and was openly unredemable.

    Also, I donīt think heīs being written with nuance, I think Beast from endangered species would be a better model for a Hank that has decided to go to extremes, because you still could see clearly it was his worry for his people and his friends the thing running his actions and the moment he knew he was going too far he stopped, the one on X-force just looks like a different person that doesnīt care for anybody, with his skin, who sees everybody around him as test subjects and that never was Hank.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-19-2021 at 05:47 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo


    Cool Lorna Dane: Polaris Appreciation 2021
    Magnus Family appreciation 2021

    Magneto Appreciation 2021

  11. #191
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The other side
    Posts
    1,049

    Default

    I think Beast is great, he's in his "zero f**ks given" mode and I love it. He is doing what he believes is best for mutants just like everyone else does and he's not apologizing for anything, and I'm glad. No one on that island is in any position to call him out on anything. Many on Krakoa have done far worse than than Hank and are loved by readers for it, but Hank should be singled out for scorn? The days of the bouncing, jovial furball nobody took seriously are over, Hank may not be an omega or alpha level mutant but his vast intelligence makes him one of the most important mutants on Krakoa. He's no longer relegated to the sidelines or shoved into a lab. Besides everything "bad" he has done has been in service to mutantkind, just like! Magneto, Xavier, Apocalypse, Cyclops, Emma, ect.. has done. When others start getting called out for all the crap they have done then we look at Beast, until then Hank is perfectly fine.

  12. #192
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,958

    Default

    I think Beast's current vibe is the best thing you can do with him. It's the path he's been on for over a decade at this point, and it makes him more useful from a structural standpoint. "Funny guy" and "smart guy" have plenty of characters to fill their niche.

    Frankly, how Hank is written now is pretty much the same as he was written back in the Utopia era, it's just that this time, it's intentional. And he's less out a sell-out, but that's just because Xavier put him in charge of it.

  13. #193
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    23,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    He really is not the Beast I knew and I canīt get behind this idea of "he was like this all along, he was just a hypocrite" because he just wasnīt, he was not perfect and he made mystakes and took pride in his work but he also was caring for his friends, family, X-men and the world and admired the work of other scientist and was the shoulder people could lean on, right now heīs looking worse than his AoA counterpart because at least Dark Beast admited who he was and was openly unredemable.

    Also, I donīt think heīs being written with nuance, I think Beast from endangered species would be a better model for a Hank that has decided to go to extremes, because you still could see clearly it was his worry for his people and his friends the thing running his actions and the moment he knew he was going too far he stopped, the one on X-force just looks like a different person that doesnīt care for anybody, with his skin, who sees everybody around him as test subjects and that never was Hank.
    whoever said he was like this all along? He wasnt but people change. Thats life. His changes didnt happen over night but gradually over time. He lost his way and the problem with him is that he's failed to see that

  14. #194
    Fantastic Member mikedesil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    whoever said he was like this all along? He wasnt but people change. Thats life. His changes didnt happen over night but gradually over time. He lost his way and the problem with him is that he's failed to see that
    It has been gradual and painful to watch him go the route he's going.

    Hopefully he finds his way again soon. Probably ain't going to happen in X-Force though. It actually may get worse.

  15. #195
    Astonishing Member From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    unrecognizable, you can call him "Beast" but he most definitely is not
    Yes. (ten chars)
    Dear snobs, don't try to figure out my avatar.

    Sorry, I am agnostic. And your presumptions makes you something.

    The(old) Hank McCoy thread. https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2020

    Interested in knowing more about Balder? https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2020

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •