Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I think beast is one of the true "good guys"- intention wise anyway.

But his hypocrisy lately is in need of some self-realization.

I love Beast, but ever since he turned into a cat (and after they changed him back) he's sucked as a character. But that really doesn't indict him since quite a few X-Characters who I like have been written in unlikable ways since Morrison's run.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Beast was awesome until Grant Morrison ruined him and now he continues to be written poorly by every writer who gets their hands on him.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I love Beast, but ever since he turned into a cat (and after they changed him back) he's sucked as a character. But that really doesn't indict him since quite a few X-Characters who I like have been written in unlikable ways since Morrison's run.
    For me the point was the aftermath of Dark Reign.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

Formerly a great character. Founding X-Man, classic Avenger from one of their best lineups, Defender, and X-Man all over again. A regular at the floating poker games hosted by Ben Grimm, along with Nick Fury, Simon, Carol, etc. (back when members of X-Man, Avengers, Fantastic Four, SHIELD, etc. groups all worked together as allies and friends!).

A great combination of physical power, focusing on agility (like Spider-Man), with some super-strength, but also incredible intellect and a great sense of humor, back in the day. No 'wah, I'm a mutant freak' angst, despite having essentially brought his current blue-furry state upon himself by attempting to cure himself (back before that sort of thing was consider 'self-hating' or whatever).

I loved how he wasn't the 'normal' mutant, having been born with mutant features as a result of his father working in a nuclear power plant (IIRC), and how he had a fairly normal set of parents who loved him, and none of the family drama that surrounded Scott, Jean or Bobby (whose parents either were gone / MIA, or who didn't always deal well with the mutant child).

He's suffered a bit from all the emo angst nonsense, which might work for every other X-Man, ever, but doesn't really fit with Hank, IMO, and it was Hank's somewhat unique niche in that he was one of the few X-folk who didn't have family issues or emotional issues or whatever. Now that he's been dragged into that drama, he's kind of been made boring and same-y, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Formerly a great character. Founding X-Man, classic Avenger from one of their best lineups, Defender, and X-Man all over again. A regular at the floating poker games hosted by Ben Grimm, along with Nick Fury, Simon, Carol, etc. (back when members of X-Man, Avengers, Fantastic Four, SHIELD, etc. groups all worked together as allies and friends!).

A great combination of physical power, focusing on agility (like Spider-Man), with some super-strength, but also incredible intellect and a great sense of humor, back in the day. No 'wah, I'm a mutant freak' angst, despite having essentially brought his current blue-furry state upon himself by attempting to cure himself (back before that sort of thing was consider 'self-hating' or whatever).

I loved how he wasn't the 'normal' mutant, having been born with mutant features as a result of his father working in a nuclear power plant (IIRC), and how he had a fairly normal set of parents who loved him, and none of the family drama that surrounded Scott, Jean or Bobby (whose parents either were gone / MIA, or who didn't always deal well with the mutant child).

He's suffered a bit from all the emo angst nonsense, which might work for every other X-Man, ever, but doesn't really fit with Hank, IMO, and it was Hank's somewhat unique niche in that he was one of the few X-folk who didn't have family issues or emotional issues or whatever. Now that he's been dragged into that drama, he's kind of been made boring and same-y, IMO.
    I think Hank has always had the emotional issues, but his coping method was humor, rather than the more typical anger or angst. He'd slip every now and then (just like Scott would occasionally crack a joke) but would normally revert back to form. I miss THAT Hank. I want the guy who quipped about Scott's tie being the foe that would bring the X-Men down (More powerful than Magneto! More devious than Mr. Sinister!) just before the wedding to make a return.
    Dark does not mean deep.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Beast is cool. For he lost a factor after Utopia story. I still like him though. And he wad written good in Aaron's WATXM
    X-Men Forever

A great character inflicted with a serious case of Bad Writing Syndrome. May have to undergo Secret Wars Reboot Therapy to return to former glory.

He disgusts me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think Hank has always had the emotional issues, but his coping method was humor, rather than the more typical anger or angst. He'd slip every now and then (just like Scott would occasionally crack a joke) but would normally revert back to form. I miss THAT Hank. I want the guy who quipped about Scott's tie being the foe that would bring the X-Men down (More powerful than Magneto! More devious than Mr. Sinister!) just before the wedding to make a return.
    Good insight into Beast - I miss that Hank too.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    A great character inflicted with a serious case of Bad Writing Syndrome. May have to undergo Secret Wars Reboot Therapy to return to former glory.
    We can only hope...fingers crossed.

BANNED

the worst x-man of all time

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Disgrace to anything that even vaguely resembles being a quarter-decent sentient being.

I don't like how he has received a ton of negative character development over the past few years. I also don't like how his physical transformations haven't really amounted to much in the fighting department as he still always seems to be the one who gets beat up or captured. He should be a better fighter since he is stronger and faster but its like that gets ignored.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I think that he is just a huge jerk; and his trolling of Steve Rogers was quite awesome and amusing in "Times Runs Out".