Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

you know my opinion of beast is still not very high but mark waid used him well in avenger no surrender. you guys should check it out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    you know my opinion of beast is still not very high but mark waid used him well in avenger no surrender. you guys should check it out.
    Yes....it's true, Waid shows that McCoy does indeed has a stronger ties with the Avengers as he does with the X-Men....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Yes....it's true, Waid shows that McCoy does indeed has a stronger ties with the Avengers as he does with the X-Men....!!!
    we'll see if rosenberg can help to redeem beast with the mutants but right now, i agree. the avengers should take him

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

He is an awesome character that gets too much hate for stupid reasons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Well now we know where his loyalties lie

He’s a good mad scientist.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    i don't think he gets hate for stupid reasons. i think he sold his own species out and then completely messed up the timeline by being a wimp and freaking out that cyclops was right. so he brought younger versions of the O5 to the present for something that he was afraid of that never ended up happening. the hate is very justified

BANNED

Beast is more than a good character. He is unpredictable in personality. Complex in characterisation. Surprisingly he can carry his own book though I admit I did struggle to finish endangered species because it was written from a Beastly articulate stand point. I felt I was reading the journal of my PHD Professor, it did sometimes get boring to me but Beast does have a PHD doctorate degree.
    He is the character with the best secondary mutation, he goes from looking like a Beast to a feline cat making his appearance and character more mysterious and alluring.

Beast from the 90s X-Men cartoon is still one of my favorites(dude had me looking up definitions in the dictionary with his dialogue) and I usually don't care for nerdy characters. Beast got a pass though because he was such a goof and the ladies dug him.

Beast still cool by me, don't care how he's been written in recent years because that goes for most characters across the board. These current writers don't have the power to change how I feel about a character, it's all fan fic these days anyway.

Beast shines brightest when paired with Simon, the Wonder Man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Beast from the 90s X-Men cartoon is still one of my favorites(dude had me looking up definitions in the dictionary with his dialogue) and I usually don't care for nerdy characters. Beast got a pass though because he was such a goof and the ladies dug him.

Beast still cool by me, don't care how he's been written in recent years because that goes for most characters across the board. These current writers don't have the power to change how I feel about a character, it's all fan fic these days anyway.
    I loved him in the 90s cartoon. Very well spoken, good with Shakespeare quotes and was always the reasonable one. The mutant agenda episodes, which was a crossover with Spiderman showed how complex he can be as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    I loved him in the 90s cartoon. Very well spoken, good with Shakespeare quotes and was always the reasonable one. The mutant agenda episodes, which was a crossover with Spiderman showed how complex he can be as a character.
    The episode with his blind girlfriend was not just one of my favorite Beast moments, but one of the better episodes of the entire series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    The episode with his blind girlfriend was not just one of my favorite Beast moments, but one of the better episodes of the entire series.
    I was about to talk about the Blind Girlfriend's episode. (Beauty and The Beast). I decided to go for the mutant agenda. As a kid I used to find the blind girlfriend episode as one of the most boring, when I watched it years later as an adult, it is not now one of the most interesting but one of the best episodes. The character development between Beast and the girl's prejudiced father was excellent. the love story heartfelt, mature and sincere.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    He was once an aswesome character but the hate he gets today is well earned

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    i don't think he gets hate for stupid reasons. i think he sold his own species out and then completely messed up the timeline by being a wimp and freaking out that cyclops was right. so he brought younger versions of the O5 to the present for something that he was afraid of that never ended up happening. the hate is very justified
    Cyclops bluffed with his revolution, Beast believed the bluff. Cyclops wanted people to be scared of him, he managed to make Beast very scared indeed yet sought a nonviolent means of tslking Cyclops down. As opposed to other X-Men and Avengers who just wanted murder Cyclops in cold blood.