Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

I think he should be back in the Avengers, but X-Editorial insist he be with the mutant books.

I would want to write a mini-series based on him, if I could.

His intelligence gets taken for granted.

BANNED

I'll say!...
    Once an Avenger... by Busiek & Pérez

Page above from Avengers #1 Feb 1998 Beast asking Carol if she goes by "Ms. M" or "Binary"

From Avengers #4 May 1998 Beast helping Carol with a new code-name to go by

Written by Kurt Busiek

^^^^ This is Beast McCoy how he should be. Helpful and at the ready. Not scheming.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

I miss his original beastial face, too.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Let’s assume a crisis requires Beast to assemble a crack team of heroes to deal with it.

What 7 heroes does Beast have on speed dial?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Let’s assume a crisis requires Beast to assemble a crack team of heroes to deal with it.

Not sure what the nature of the crisis is, but in general I'd say:

Wonder Man

Iceman

Angel

Storm

Jean

Emma

Cecelia Reyes
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

A LOT of overlap imo.

Beast
    Wonder Man, Captain Marvel
    Emma Frost, Abigail Brand
    Iceman, Cecelia Reyes

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

2. tony stark
    3. reed richards
    4. t'challa
    5. stephen strange
    6. blackagar boltington
    7. bruce banner

^his old illuminati buddies of course

Krakoa is for lovers Blackphoenix's Avatar

Shouldn't this be folded into the Beast Appreciation Thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackphoenix View Post
    Shouldn't this be folded into the Beast Appreciation Thread?
    No. In this thread, you can call him the greatest traitor of mutants, a freak idiot, a sorry excuse of a living being, etc.. etc... In that other thread, only positive things are allowed to said about him.

BANNED

X-Factor #48 Dec 1989
    Judgement War Part 5 of 7 "Common Ground!"
    Continued from last issue... The Rejects and Chosen have come to meet on the common ground for one of their many prisoner exchanges.
    The Rejects have come bearing Marvel Girl whom they have had subdued since her Madelyne Pryor personality has taken full control.
    When they bring her before Lord Rask, they ask to exchange Jean for both Archangel and the warrior Agrom.
    Rask, needing Archangel for his arena battle against Iceman refuses the winged mutant but agrees to turn over the Reject known as Agrom.
    When they order MG released, they are surprised to find that the woman has great power and once more subdue her.
    Rask, having never seen MG before, begins to wonder where she might have come from.

While in the Chosen's city, a scientist goes to check on Princess Seera so that she can accept Rask's offer of alliance.
    She awakens and uses her jamming powers to knock him out and makes a break for it, jamming the minds of all opposition.
    When her once loyal robot Zee-Zee attempts to raise the alarm, Seera flees, unable to bring herself to destroy her life long minder.
    While outside the city, Cyclops and a team of the Beginagains approach an entrance into the city
    when Dykon notices that yet another one of the Celestials has arrived on the planet's surface outside
    the Chosen's city and they all begin to believe that the final judgement of their world is coming soon.

Having jammed the guard who holds the prisons, Seera steals the keys
    and uses them to access the room where Archangel is being held prisoner.
    She tells Archangel that his friend Iceman and young Christopher are also in the city, and they also free Agrom and try to escape.
    However, Lord Rask comes upon them and he easily subdues Agrom. When Archangel tries to fly away with Seera,
    Rask uses his powers to destroy Zee-Zee causing Seera to slow Warren up enough for them both to be captured.
    As they are being taken away, Rask suggests to Lord Palik that an example must be
    made with Seera otherwise they will undermine the very foundations of their society.
    He suggests that Seera should be put in the middle of the arena battle between Archangel and Iceman
    and that should the Iceman win she will be put to death. If Archangel wins then she will live.
    Palik agrees to the terms and comes to realize that Rask is attempting to buy his way to the
    highest position among the Chosen and begins contemplating a plan to stop this from happening.

When Agrom is returned to the Rejects there is a giant party among their numbers.
    Beast uses this as a means to escape when his guard becomes drunk from the celebration and knocks him out.

Stealing the key, he breaks out of his cell and tries to make an escape

when he is stopped by Agrom. When Agrom hears that the Beast is a friend of Archangel, he lets Beast go

and tells Zharkah that Beast isn't a Chosen spy but a visitor from another world.
    While back in the city of the Chosen, the scientists all wonder where young Christopher has come from and after scanning the boy
    and Marvel Girl's DNA they begin to wonder if Archangel's assertions that he was among people from another world may be true.
    They allow the Madelyne Pryor possessed MG to approach her child, but they are shocked when
    young Christopher displays his mutant powers and rejects his "mother's" attempt at affection.
    While outside, Iceman and Lev prepare for the battle, knowing that the Chosen's
    opinions on Duelers would change should Bobby win the bout against Iceman.
    The two then take note that there are now more Celestials standing over the city now.

At the Reject's camp, Beast finally explains the truth about his origins to Zharkah and she accepts the tale with Agrom substantiating it
    and she agrees to help him in freeing his friends that within the Chosen's city and bring their decadent civilization crashing down.
    While out in deep space, Ship manages to break free from the tractor-beam that has kept it locked in space.
    As it witnesses many more Celestials are descending down on the alien world, the sentient ship decides that it must
    go down to the planet itself and try to save X-Factor from the possibility of destruction at the hands of its own creators.

Story by Louise Simonson. Art by Paul Smith and Al Milgrom.

I like Beast. He is a good addition to a team.

I think his role is really good in current X-Force.

Beast is a great character but gets a bad wrap because writers set him up against the golden boy, Cyclops which a lot of fans seem to identify with him. Cyclops now says he was wrong, and Beast actually did a lot of right though he did use unorthodox methods, fans still detest the Beast (at least the online fandom).

I love Beast in all his incarnations but Cat Beast in Grant Morrison's New X-men is my favorite (tony the tiger on barbiturates, indeed!). I also love him with the O5 and of course as the science guy in the latest X-force.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 12-28-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Amazing Member

Beast is a dope character and is my third favorite X-Men. For the record X-Men TAS and Astonishing X-Men are my favorite depictions of the character that I have seen so far. I wish Marvel would play the fact that he is one of the smartest people on earth more. By that I mean give him more impressive feats using super science.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Beast is a great character but gets a bad wrap because writers set him up against the golden boy, Cyclops which a lot of fans seem to identify with him. Cyclops now says he was wrong, and Beast actually did a lot of right though he did use unorthodox methods, fans still detest the Beast (at least the online fandom).

I love Beast in all his incarnations but Cat Beast in Grant Morrison's New X-men is my favorite (tony the tiger on barbiturates, indeed!). I also love him with the O5 and of course as the science guy in the latest X-force.
    Beast was damaged not because he was opposed to Cyclops (lots of characters ended up opposed to Cyclops who remained popular and lost no fans) but because for several years adult Beast was written as a hypocritical, self-righteous, whiny prima-donna. The things he did and said before, during and after schism (and even after Cyclops was dead) are why people disliked him.