Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The last time I remember seeing her was in the 90s during the Annual drawn by Ian Churchill where Calibian abducted Jubilee and Kitty had to return to free her. Its included in The Wedding of Cyclops and Phoenix TPB. I feel like she might have had a cameo at some point after but I'm not sure where/when.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Storm couldn't handle the realness from North Salem, New York.

Stevie gave Kitty the tutelage and surrogate parentage that only Goddess Ororo could match with forced platitudes and high condescension.
    storm killed stevie hunter and hid the body when she had no storylines between cyclops wedding and legion quest

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Storm couldn't handle the realness from North Salem, New York.
    73 Willingdon Road, Salem Center, NYC.

BANNED

She was brave. I loved how she took Illyana away from Sym despite her trick knee. The raw sexual passion she instigated in Peter Bristow didn't phase her. How she told Kitty to shut up and stop feeling sorry for herself. We need more Stevie, way more than self hating mutants such as Cece Reyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    storm killed stevie hunter and hid the body when she had no storylines between cyclops wedding and legion quest
    this seems believable.

The 80s ended and she had to move back to Pittsburgh to work as a welder at the local steel mill...

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Don't what? Let her return to the X-Men comics? I'm sorry but she's a childhood favorite character and I would kill to see her return.
    Bring me the head of Hope Summers and it will be done.

Spectacular Member SoupStainedTie's Avatar

Every time we think a new issue of X-Men, Amazing X-Men, Spider-Man & The X-Men, etc. etc. was "good" or "fun" or "enjoyable," we should remember Stevie Hunter.

Can you imagine writers today creating a character like Stevie Hunter in any these books? Bothering with stories like "Kitty takes dancing lessons," or "Storm is jealous of Kitty and Stevie's relationship?" The kind of stories that built and enriched these characters and made us fans in the first place?

Those stories are gone. Stevie's gone. Never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupStainedTie View Post
    Every time we think a new issue of X-Men, Amazing X-Men, Spider-Man & The X-Men, etc. etc. was "good" or "fun" or "enjoyable," we should remember Stevie Hunter.

Can you imagine writers today creating a character like Stevie Hunter in any these books? Bothering with stories like "Kitty takes dancing lessons," or "Storm is jealous of Kitty and Stevie's relationship?" The kind of stories that built and enriched these characters and made us fans in the first place?

Yes, but we get new stories with new supporting characters as well.

The mayor (Sadie something) during the San Fransisco era had a pretty similar role as Stevie I'd say. She seems to be gone now as well, it happens sometimes with minor characters. They might show up again if there's a suitable story, like Lee Forrester did some years ago.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think Rita meant don't give her powers, which I agree with. The X-Men need more human supporting cast members.
    This. I LOVE Stevie, and I loved X-Men when there were non-potentially-mutant humans around.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Ah okay! And I made a mistake with my post, I meant to write DON'T give her powers!
    So we all agree, and I'm glad .

Quote Originally Posted by SoupStainedTie View Post

Why? Why it's so darn difficult to write now stories like these?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    This. I LOVE Stevie, and I loved X-Men when there were non-potentially-mutant humans around.

Why? Why it's so darn difficult to write now stories like these?
    Perhaps it's not difficult but the writers simply refuse to do it.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Perhaps it's not difficult but the writers simply refuse to do it.
    ...and/or there's too much editorial meddling, too much pressure to write only big bang events and spectacular characters. Good works aren't made solely of these kind of parts; if you don't imply another factors, it becomes something very weary.
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 04-03-2015 at 02:31 AM.

Spectacular Member SoupStainedTie's Avatar

...and/or there's too much editorial meddling, too much pressure to write only big bang events and spectacular characters. Good works aren't made solely of these kind of parts; if you don't imply another factors, it becomes something very weary.
    Somewhere along the line the book(s) changed from being about the ongoing lives and adventures of a group of people called the X-Men, to varying writers takes on the iconic concept and brand known as the X-Men.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Claremont was great at fleshing out the human connections the X-men had. (Stevie, Moira etc). At this stage it seems the only reason a human is introduced is so they can be killed off down the track. It makes the X-Men feel much more isolated.
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    Claremont was great at fleshing out the human connections the X-men had. (Stevie, Moira etc). At this stage it seems the only reason a human is introduced is so they can be killed off down the track. It makes the X-Men feel much more isolated.
    Where do you think Stevie is at right now? I like to think she moved up to being a very famous choreographer like Laurieann Gibson, and is doing awesome work with the likes of Beyonce, Madonna, and all those other pop/dance acts.

I still want her to come back to the X-Men. Maybe instead of sticking her on staff as a teacher, I think she can be a great teammate. IIRC, she was prettty authoratative in X-Tinction Agenda during that danger room case scenario with young Storm.