Super Moderator

Default ECCC: Vertigo's New Blood Goes Inside "Mad Max," "Fables" #150 Aefnd More

Fairy tales, former child stars, and false prophets were discussed as Vertigo showcased the new blood on their books.

Full article here.

BANNED

I guess I can start collecting the trades for Fables, because it's one of the few titles that I haven't read before. Same with Astro City, but to be fair I've read a couple issues and I was impressed.

Blue is on the cover, should we hold out hope?

With the rise of Image and the departure of Karen Berger, the Vertigo mojo is at an all-time low.

I'm confident the brand / imprint will survive, but I'd like to see more be done to really promote it and get some buzz going again.

Not sure how to do that, esp since creators aren't allowed to own their content (my understanding is that DC Entertainment didn't feel it was favorable for them and modified that policy).
    Engaging discussion of comics 10 years old or older http://classiccomics.boards.net

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Same with Astro City, but to be fair I've read a couple issues and I was impressed.
    With ASTRO CITY you really have to start with the trades. The stuff now is okay but the earlier stuff was golden for a good, long time.

Spectacular Member

As much as I love what I'm seeing from SANDMAN: OVERTURE, and as much as I love the Sandman series and characters, I've decided to just wait to read them intil the collected edition comes out. The release date issues have sort of put a dampener on my enthusiasm.

ALSO: WHy there hasn't been a MAD MAX comic until now (other than HEX which, come on...) is beyond me.