View Poll Results: Who is Bruce's best love interest?

Voters
321. You may not vote on this poll
  • Catwoman

179 55.76%
  • Talia al Ghul

45 14.02%
  • Vicki Vale

7 2.18%
  • Julie Madison

10 3.12%
  • Silver St. Cloud

20 6.23%
  • Sasha Bordeaux

3 0.93%
  • Wonder Woman

27 8.41%
  • Black Canary

2 0.62%
  • Shondra Kinsolving

0 0%
  • Katherine "Kathy" Webb-Kane

2 0.62%
  • Andrea Beaumont

7 2.18%
  • Vesper Fairchild

2 0.62%
  • Barbara Gordon

1 0.31%
  • Rachel Dawes

0 0%
  • Other (please state)

16 4.98%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Incredible Member

Normally I would agree that no one writer has the power to destroy a character or relationship, but King is a once-in-a-lifetime exception. He made me loathe the character and the idea of Catwoman and Batman ever being together. I have no interest in seeing or reading about Catwoman in anything ever again, ever. I'll stick to her classic appearances as well as Batman Returns which is a favorite of mine. But as a character she's dead to me. And before anyone wants to lecture me, yes, I know how childish it sounds but that's just how I feel.

EDIT: And it's sad because King is the only person in history to codify Selina's pre-Crisis character arc and try to mold it into a cohesive narrative with her later portrayals. It was a brilliant idea, and he almost pulled it off. I just don't get why he was so obsessed with emasculating Bruce and doing the Bat-Cat-Bat-Cat stuff when everyone hated it. And don't get me started about Knightmares.
    Last edited by PurpleGlovez; 03-06-2021 at 05:17 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    Normally I would agree that no one writer has the power to destroy a character or relationship, but King is a once-in-a-lifetime exception. He made me loathe the character and the idea of Catwoman and Batman ever being together. I have no interest in seeing or reading about Catwoman in anything ever again, ever. I'll stick to her classic appearances as well as Batman Returns which is a favorite of mine. But as a character she's dead to me. And before anyone wants to lecture me, yes, I know how childish it sounds but that's just how I feel.

EDIT: And it's sad because King is the only person in history to codify Selina's pre-Crisis character arc and try to mold it into a cohesive narrative with her later portrayals. It was a brilliant idea, and he almost pulled it off. I just don't get why he was so obsessed with emasculating Bruce and doing the Bat-Cat-Bat-Cat stuff when everyone hated it. And don't get me started about Knightmares.

shrugs

That's just your opinion though. It's not fact. I know that you're not the only person who told that King made them stop liking and even got them hating Bat/Cat. I am sure that there are lot of comic readers who think the same as you.
    There are lot of of comic readers that think differently, and I am one of them.
    I have liked Bat/Cat since I was a little kid in the 1970s. They are one of my favorite four comic book couples for many year up to today. Peter Parker/Mary Jane, Clark Kent/Lois Lane, Scott Summers/Jean Grey are the other three favorites of mine over many years, but Dick Grayson/Koriand'r recently became a favorite a few years back.

King nor any other writer has destroyed my liking for Bat/Cat.
    I will like them to the day I die.

I cringed at some of his writing that I read.......especially the "Bat" "Cat" stuff
    I don't like some of the stuff in his Batman/Catwoman mini-series, and I am glad that the stuff is not canon.
    Last edited by Starrius; 03-08-2021 at 05:07 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I don't think he has. It's not like any one writer has the power to permanently ruin an iconic relationship, especially since we're dealing with Batman here who isn't bound to one continuity even in the mainstream comics.

She's showing up in a movie and she's clearly going to be significant, and more people will see that movie than ever read a Tom King comic.
    I totally agree. I hate when people when express their opinions as fact.
    That's why I tend to use words 'think', 'believe', 'feel' when expressing my opinion.

I am well aware that a lot of people will disagree with my views that differ from theirs, and so I do my very best to refrain expressing myself in a way that people get the impression that I am stating a fact.
    This goes especially for religion and politics and anything else that involves ideology.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    shrugs

That's just your opinion though. It's not fact. I know that you're not the only person who told that King made them stop liking and even got them hating Bat/Cat. I am sure that there are lot of comic readers who think the same as you.
    There are lot of of comic readers that think differently, and I am one of them.
    I have liked Bat/Cat since I was a little kid in the 1970s. They are one of my favorite four comic book couples for many year up to today. Peter Parker/Mary Jane, Clark Kent/Lois Lane, Scott Summers/Jean Grey are the other three favorites of mine over many years, but Dick Grayson/Koriand'r recently became a favorite a few years back.

King nor any other writer has destroyed my liking for Bat/Cat.
    I will like them to the day I die.

I cringed at some of his writing that I read.......especially the "Bat" "Cat" stuff
    I don't like some of the stuff in his Batman/Catwoman mini-series, and I am glad that the stuff is not canon.
    Yeah, I've been a fan ever since I was introduced to Batman on BTAS, and branched out to stuff like Batman Returns and some of the comic runs.

I don't really get how some act like Tom King pulled the relationship out of his ass and ruined it forever, in a time where mainline DC continuity and characterizations are becoming increasingly irrelevant. Main line Batman is kind of dead to me in general with brief spikes of new interest before sucking again, so whatever King did with Bruce or the Bat-Cat ship wouldn't make my opinion of Bruce any lower than it already was. They find ways of making Bruce bad even without Selina around, I don't see Talia, Silver or Vicki fixing the issue if they were swapped in

It would just cause me to seek out other iterations of Batman and root for him to get with his respective iteration of Catwoman. And hopefully they (mainly Bruce) wouldn't develop the same terrible baggage as what we have now for the main one

Incredible Member

I totally agree. I hate when people when express their opinions as fact.
    That's why I tend to use words 'think', 'believe', 'feel' when expressing my opinion.
    Except the statement "I don't like this character" or "this writer ruined this character" can only be an opinion, and every reasonable person recognizes it as such, so that putting "in my opinion" in front of every sentence is a waste of everyone's time. The question posed by this thread, "who is Batman's best love interest", by definition can only be answered with opinions, sooo.

Anyways Vicki Vale a cute

Incredible Member

Glad this was a rout. I will say in the animated universe, I could've been down with Wonder Woman. But in the comics, Selina is an easy choice.

Heh, the problem here is that most are either characters who are better off not in a romantic relationship with Batman or obscure.... Which leaves.... Selina and Talia.

I voted for Vicki Vale because she's an interesting character idea.

But just to be annoying I'mma say "Chase Meridian" and let you guys try to remember who that is.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Heh, the problem here is that most are either characters who are better off not in a romantic relationship with Batman or obscure.... Which leaves.... Selina and Talia.

I voted for Vicki Vale because she's an interesting character idea.

But just to be annoying I'mma say "Chase Meridian" and let you guys try to remember who that is.

I thought Kim Basinger was looking hot as Vicki Vale in Batman.

Chase Meridian was Nicole Kidman's character in Batman Forever.
    I thought she was hot in that movie.
    Last edited by Starrius; 03-10-2021 at 09:30 PM.

I thought Kim Basinger was looking hot as Vicki Vale in Batman.

Chase Meridian was Nicole Kidman's character in Batman Forever.
    I thought she was hot in that movie.
    One of the more interesting comments about the movie was "Why did they make up a NEW character... when Batman has like 20 they could have used instead?"

Realistically? I suspect the role of the character in the story determined that the easy obvious options were out. So either dig up a REALLY obscure character or make a new one. (yes there is a comic book version, but from AFTER the movie)

Vicki Vale is actually an extremely OLD character from a real world perspective... seriously... first appeared in 1948. O-o' For even more fun... she went on a date with Bruce Wayne... in her first appearance.