View Poll Results: Who is Bruce's best love interest?

Voters
321. You may not vote on this poll
  • Catwoman

179 55.76%
  • Talia al Ghul

45 14.02%
  • Vicki Vale

7 2.18%
  • Julie Madison

10 3.12%
  • Silver St. Cloud

20 6.23%
  • Sasha Bordeaux

3 0.93%
  • Wonder Woman

27 8.41%
  • Black Canary

2 0.62%
  • Shondra Kinsolving

0 0%
  • Katherine "Kathy" Webb-Kane

2 0.62%
  • Andrea Beaumont

7 2.18%
  • Vesper Fairchild

2 0.62%
  • Barbara Gordon

1 0.31%
  • Rachel Dawes

0 0%
  • Other (please state)

16 4.98%
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I thought Bruce's romance with Andrea Beaumont was very convincing and compelling. I tend to think that's the closest Bruce ever came to true love.

I have Mask of the Phantasm in my continuity. Andrea being before Julie Madison in Bruce's life (Julie being first post-becoming-Batman love interest).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by heyevaxx View Post
    [Maybe a new thread could be started for the torture discussion. That's very off topic and deserves it's own thread.]
    This.

I've gone thru and removed a lot of posts/replies that were pushing this topic off course.

The topic is Who is Bruce's best love interest?

Any talk about what may or may not happen in the BvS movie, should happen elsewhere.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    There is only one woman for Bruce Wayne, and her name is Lady Justice.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yeah. There's just no competition. My second is Silver St. Cloud, then Julie, but they're way, way below.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Catwoman, with Talia as a distant second.

I have Mask of the Phantasm in my continuity. Andrea being before Julie Madison in Bruce's life (Julie being first post-becoming-Batman love interest).
    I think the reason Andrea was never incorporated into the normal Batman comic continuity is that she would feel rather redundant in a universe with Huntress (another female vigilnate willing to use lethal force)

I always liked the idea of Batman and Wonder Woman being a thing, even if they choose not to always act on their feelings for one another.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Fantastic Member

The only time bruce and selina should be together is when they stop playing the games with each other. She should quit being a criminal but then people will complain that is why that relationship will never last or work even if they have feeling sfor each other. Though I am anti that is the main point people should look at. As for me yeah I like Bruce and Diana together because not only they have similar goals but actually upbringings once you look away from the surface things.

Selina, of course.

BANNED

I voted Talia. She's more of a Bruce romance than Batman. Catwoman is classic, but she's more connected to him through Batman. Talia fits both Bruce & Batman and not in a way either of them have to be careful. It's always been presented as a more "free and open" relationship. Plus Damien makes it feel more like a solid relationship.

Selina. Though I wish editorial/writers/whoever it is that makes such decisions, would finally get past the whole "will they/won't they" shtick and that "Batman can't be happy to be Batman" trope, which is wrong. Is it really too much to want character progression?

At least Golden Age/Earth 2 Bruce and Selina were happy and effective.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, I vote for Selina.

Yeah, definitely Selina. She is arguably the only one on the list who challenges both Bruce Wayne and Batman on a moral level. Batman is a man from the rarefied heights looking down on the gutters and keeping it in order; Catwoman is a woman from the gutters who either work her way up or try to bring fairness to it. That's why the tension is so real, it's not only that Catwoman is a criminal, but that she is a criminal who challenges the morality of Batman's justice.

(Come to think of it, all three of the Gotham Sirens have roots in progressive issues: Catwoman in class, Poison Ivy in environmentalism, and Harley Quinn in feminism. Granted, both Catwoman and Poison Ivy bring up feminist themes, but it's not central to them as it is to Harley Quinn.)

Wonder Woman has part of the same vibe when written well, but I can't see why she would be interested in him romantically in any way.

For me is it Selina Kyle/Catwoman. Never liked pairing Batman up with Wonder Woman. It just came off as Diana cheating on Steve Trevor. I always got the idea that Denny O'Neil introduced Talia because
    he didn't like Catwoman and so wanted to move Batman away from Catwoman. I view Talia as an interloper. Black Canary seems a weird option, considering she was usually associated with Green Arrow.
    It seems several of the rest were just put in after Seduction of the Innocent caused Catwoman to be dropped from the books and so the writers needed someone to take Catwoman's place. Once Catwoman
    came back they no longer served a purpose.

silverymoon

Potentially catwoman They would be drawn to each other through a mutual understanding or empathy of each other's pain.

Bruce witnessed his parents murder.He could not prevent it but subconciously is driven to try to make it right by bringing villains to justice.For a moment it seems to work but then the helplessness and guilt returns.He is trapped in a cycle of "if i catch just one more villain it will undo what happened to my parents." But it doesn't and he still feels the helplessness he felt as a child and the overwhelming need to redeem his inability to protect his parents.

Catwoman was brutally murdered and callously left for dead then brought back from death.She has her own torment.She bitterly resents the people of Gotham and feels that she owes no one anything.After all wasn't she murdered and left alone to die?

She senses that there are scars in batman's soul and is drawn to him for reasons she doesn't fully understand.She plays a catch me if you can and secretly would love to be caught by him but refuses to believe that she can be loved by anyone at the same time she desperately needs to be loved.

A love relationship between these two could work if Batman forgives himself first.He must accept that he cannot change the past and that his parent's murder was not his fault nor could he have prevented it.By breaking the cycle of guilt and a phantom quest for redemption he could free himself to love and be loved.

If catwoman can accept that she can be loved deserves to be loved and that Bruce at least has some understanding of and empathy for the incredible trauma she experienced then she may be able to manage the tug of war in herself.She may really want to push Bruce away but at the same time be in his arms.

If they can do that their bond could grow strong.

Of all the storylines i have read the bat and the cat is the deepest most complex and most compelling.Google batman and catwoman and you see tags like kiss romance marriage.Many fans have a deep connection to this pair and their story can't help but touch our hearts.

Tom King turned me off Selina. If that's what Bruce with Selina together looks like then they are not meant to be. The fact that this woman cared so little she couldn't even stop stealing. That's too selfish and I question her love if she has so little respect/regard for what Bruce and his allies have given so much to.

Andrea would be the best.
    Talia would be the most interesting.
    Last edited by Fergus; 09-27-2018 at 12:33 AM.