View Poll Results: Who is Bruce's best love interest?

Voters
321. You may not vote on this poll
  • Catwoman

179 55.76%
  • Talia al Ghul

45 14.02%
  • Vicki Vale

7 2.18%
  • Julie Madison

10 3.12%
  • Silver St. Cloud

20 6.23%
  • Sasha Bordeaux

3 0.93%
  • Wonder Woman

27 8.41%
  • Black Canary

2 0.62%
  • Shondra Kinsolving

0 0%
  • Katherine "Kathy" Webb-Kane

2 0.62%
  • Andrea Beaumont

7 2.18%
  • Vesper Fairchild

2 0.62%
  • Barbara Gordon

1 0.31%
  • Rachel Dawes

0 0%
  • Other (please state)

16 4.98%
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Tom King turned me off Selina. If that's what Bruce with Selina together looks like then they are not meant to be. The fact that this woman cared so little she couldn't even stop stealing. That's too selfish and I question her love if she has so little respect/regard for what Bruce and his allies have given so much to.

Andrea would be the best.
    Talia would be the most interesting.
    Here the thing, while I'm not really in to the cat/bat thing I have to wonder, isn't love about compromising and accepting the faults of your love ones?

I mean lets say Selina gives up stealing (something she did her whole life to survive) and wants Bruce to give up the cape so they can live a happy life together. Is Bruce the selfish one now? because as we know, he will never do that. Does that somehow diminished his love for her?

I give it up to King, that he wrote Selina as someone who was smart enough to realize that Bruce's first priority is that of Gotham and she shown as something she can come to terms with and still love him.
    Last edited by Flashback; 09-27-2018 at 01:17 AM.

Fantastic Member

It is his mission which actually makes sense to him that is his priority which helps people. Her's doesn't. In all the past incarnations and elseworlds he only marries selina after she reforms not while she is a criminal still. It just makes him look like a hypocrite but people who are blind to tom kings writing because he is putting your favorite ship together seem to not understand that simple concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    Here the thing, while I'm not really in to the cat/bat thing I have to wonder, isn't love about compromising and accepting the faults of your love ones?

I mean lets say Selina gives up stealing (something she did her whole life to survive) and wants Bruce to give up the cape so they can live a happy life together. Is Bruce the selfish one now? because as we know, he will never do that. Does that somehow diminished his love for her?

I give it up to King, that he wrote Selina as someone who was smart enough to realize that Bruce's first priority is that of Gotham and she shown as something she can come to terms with and still love him.
    Sorry I don't do what if's. I prefer to stick to the actual story we were told.

Yes compromise. Bruce is saying dash it all to his reputation the mission ALL his gave their lives for, the reputation of the JL and all his allies by associating with Selina. That's compromise. A woman who steals a dress her husband to be can afford a million times over. It's not just contemptuous and selfish it's disrespectful to bruce and anyone that wears a bat or used to wear the R.

Compromise works both ways. What she did was selfish. She put her cheap thrills above him.

In my experience it's remarkably easy to come to terms with something you couldn't give a hoot about.
    Last edited by Fergus; 09-27-2018 at 03:53 AM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

In comics? - Silver. Closely followed by Talia.
    In movies/TV? - Andrea hands down. Mask of the Phantasm is the best Batman movie made.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Haha, nobody liked Shondra.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Sorry I don't do what if's. I prefer to stick to the actual story we were told.

Yes compromise. Bruce is saying dash it all to his reputation the mission ALL his gave their lives for, the reputation of the JL and all his allies by associating with Selina. That's compromise. A woman who steals a dress her husband to be can afford a million times over. It's not just contemptuous and selfish it's disrespectful to bruce and anyone that wears a bat or used to wear the R.

Compromise works both ways. What she did was selfish. She put her cheap thrills above him.

In my experience it's remarkably easy to come to terms with something you couldn't give a hoot about.
    That's his compromise?

Batman doesn't really care about his reputation, if what he believes is correct then he doesn't care about peoples perception about him.

Selina knowing and accepting that she will always play second, now thats compromising

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    That's his compromise?

Batman doesn't really care about his reputation, if what he believes is correct then he doesn't care about peoples perception about him.

Selina knowing and accepting that she will always play second, now thats compromising
    The alat Rhato and several stories say otherwise. He does care. He cares and so do all hs allies. As do the GPD and Gordon who stay off their backs because the public believes in them and knows they are the good guys.
    The JL cares very much as we saw in Rebirth. Their member dating a criminal is something that taints them all.

However all that is besides the point since we never saw the couple talk about what compromises each should make. The fact that Selina should consider this a compromise. The fact that she even has to told that acting that way is a pretty vile and disgusting thing to do and then have the nerve to sit down and try to be pally with a 13 who gave his very life for the principals you sneak out to bastardise because bored.

Selina stealing that dress was worse than dumping Bruce because it makes me question if she ever cared. She always knew she would be second. She has been chasing bruce and getting rejected for Gotham and his values for decades.

Selina stealing things she can easily afford and the fact that Bruce seemed sadder in King's Batman than in other books in rebirth were he is smiling and opening up move her way down the list as an ideal love interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    I legit forgot they were a thing.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

All those saying that Batman should compromise and accept Selina committing crimes can't be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    All those saying that Batman should compromise and accept Selina committing crimes can't be serious.
    Maybe Selina is a bit of a Klepto and Bruce accepts that. She's not really being malicious and hurting anyone. It's not like she is stealing soup from a homeless man.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Maybe Selina is a bit of a Klepto and Bruce accepts that. She's not really being malicious and hurting anyone. It's not like she is stealing soup from a homeless man.
    She is hurting every single person who works with Bruce because she makes a mockery of their work and makes them a hypocrite by association.
    She is hurting the concept of Batman.

I don't think Bruce accepts that if he did he wouldn't keep arresting her like he did for years and he wouldn't only get together with her when she stops or when Bane and a host of people manipulate him into proposing.

The two have a long history and Bruce isn't exactly shy when it comes to trying to settle down or proposing marriage to women but he always ran away from selina because of her nightly activities.

If Selina was law abiding I bet Bruce would have proposed years ago. I mean he cares for her I think possibly as much as he cares for Andrea, Silver and all the others he asked to marry him of his own accord.

Incredible Member

Yeah, King ruined the Batman/Catwoman relationship for me. I used to love the idea of them together but hate it now.

Incredible Member

Silver hands down. I remember when she was introduced. Solid character. Not a crook. A good moral center for Bruce. Gave him an anchor outside of being Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    It's not that some people didn't like her. It's that it was rushed and didn't feel legit (and wasn't even a very good story).

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Silver hands down. I remember when she was introduced. Solid character. Not a crook. A good moral center for Bruce. Gave him an anchor outside of being Batman.
    And she figured out who Batman was. I mean how did she not last longer or get reused more times.