View Poll Results: Who is Bruce's best love interest?

Voters
283. You may not vote on this poll
  • Catwoman

    168 59.36%
  • Talia al Ghul

    35 12.37%
  • Vicki Vale

    2 0.71%
  • Julie Madison

    9 3.18%
  • Silver St. Cloud

    16 5.65%
  • Sasha Bordeaux

    2 0.71%
  • Wonder Woman

    25 8.83%
  • Black Canary

    2 0.71%
  • Shondra Kinsolving

    0 0%
  • Katherine "Kathy" Webb-Kane

    2 0.71%
  • Andrea Beaumont

    5 1.77%
  • Vesper Fairchild

    2 0.71%
  • Barbara Gordon

    1 0.35%
  • Rachel Dawes

    0 0%
  • Other (please state)

    14 4.95%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
Results 211 to 220 of 220
  1. #211
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBatman View Post
    ^ I agree with all of this.

    In the past 17 years of comics, they've been undermining other love interests, while making Selina the end all be all.

    In the Live Action Films, Selina has been the love interest in three films, while iconic Bat Love Interests like Vicki or Talia only get one film. And in Talia's case, she was ultimately ruined just make Selina the endgame love interest.

    And yeah, personally speaking, I can't say I'm much of a Bat/Cat fan at this point, mainly because of Bat/Cat Shippers, Tom King's run, and the things I already mentioned.

    I understand your points. I am definitely a Bat/Cat fan, and I will always be one. It doesn't matter who writes them. Even if they are written badly, they will still be my favorite Batman-Bruce couple. I am almost 48 years old, and I have liked them since the 1970s when I watched the 1966 Batman movie with Adam West and Lee Meriwether.
    As a Bat/Cat fan, I definitely want Bruce to be with only Selina and no other woman.
    If he ends with up only Selina all the time, I would be happy
    I am the same way with Peter/Mary Jane, Scott/Jean Grey, and Clark/Lois
    Bruce/Selina is my 3rd favorite comic book couple after Peter/Mary Jane and Dick/Kory. Scott/Jean Grey is my 4th favorite comic book couple. Clark/Lois is my 5th favorite couple. I used to like Dick/Barbara since the 1990s, but I converted to a Dick/Kory fan after reading the Wolfman's run Titans comics for the first time. After reading about the history of retcons, I actually dislike Dick/Barbara now even though I still like Barbara as a character.

    Even though I am Bat/Cat fan, I will never put down other Batman-Bruce couples out of some type of competition. I am not a petty type of person. It's not needed.
    I will defend Bat/Cat to people that put her down including especially make erroneous statements about the couple.
    Selina doesn't have any real competition as Batman's iconic love interest any way, and that makes me glad as a Bat/Cat fan. The polls speak for themselves. Selina blows out any other love interest in a poll.


    I am not crazy about Tom King's writing. I wish that Tom Taylor was writing Batman. He wrote Bruce and Selina's relationship well in the Injustice comics.

    I wish that Bruce and Selina got married, and I was disappointed that the marriage didn't happen.
    I still have hope for them in the future, but I would be satisfied if they just remain a couple with Selina reforming and joining the Bat-Family.
    Through out comic history, she has been more than just a thief.
    Last edited by Starrius; 09-19-2019 at 09:05 AM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire.
    It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/teen-...rfire-1975639/

    I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson.
    This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.
    http://www.facebook.com/SpiderManMaryJane/

  2. #212
    Emma was right Gamall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Joker. Obviously.

  3. #213
    Unstoppable Member KC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Somewhere with Internet
    Posts
    1,725

    Default

    Catwoman. She has been his longest-serving and arguably his most substantial love interest

  4. #214
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBatman View Post
    ^ I agree with all of this.

    In the past 17 years of comics, they've been undermining other love interests, while making Selina the end all be all.

    In the Live Action Films, Selina has been the love interest in three films, while iconic Bat Love Interests like Vicki or Talia only get one film. And in Talia's case, she was ultimately ruined just make Selina the endgame love interest.

    And yeah, personally speaking, I can't say I'm much of a Bat/Cat fan at this point, mainly because of Bat/Cat Shippers, Tom King's run, and the things I already mentioned.
    What would you even do with Vicki Vale in a movie that Lois Lane isn't already doing, but better, over in Superman? That's why she doesn't get much action. She's a reporter with an alliterative name, who even cares. Others like Silver and Sasha are pet characters for certain creators and nobody else really wants to use them too much. Talia is the only one that is her competition, and any perceived damage done to her had little to do with Selina at the time.

    it's gonna take more than some divisive writing to kill Bat-Cat for me. Regardless of what people feel for King's writing, the romance existed long before he came along, it will exist long after he is gone. Status quo shifts can happen but they are very rare when put against popular perception and they've been going strong since the 60s, if not earlier. A little late in the game to build up anybody else.

  5. #215
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    What would you even do with Vicki Vale in a movie that Lois Lane isn't already doing, but better, over in Superman? That's why she doesn't get much action. She's a reporter with an alliterative name, who even cares. Others like Silver and Sasha are pet characters for certain creators and nobody else really wants to use them too much. Talia is the only one that is her competition, and any perceived damage done to her had little to do with Selina at the time.
    I'm not seeing how any film version of Lois is better than what they did with Vicki in B89, but ok. Kevin Smith was already using Silver in his own Batman book, so I'm entirely not buying the whole "Pet characters for certain writers" thing in her case, though it is clear that people don't really want to use her. I never said any damage done to comics Talia had anything to do with Selina. I said that they've been simultanelously under or misusing other love interests while cementing Selina as THE love interest.

  6. #216
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBatman View Post
    I'm not seeing how any film version of Lois is better than what they did with Vicki in B89, but ok. Kevin Smith was already using Silver in his own Batman book, so I'm entirely not buying the whole "Pet characters for certain writers" thing in her case, though it is clear that people don't really want to use her. I never said any damage done to comics Talia had anything to do with Selina. I said that they've been simultanelously under or misusing other love interests while cementing Selina as THE love interest.
    You're conflating a specific instance (in a movie, where the actor plays a huge role) with all of the character history. Lois Lane's position in the DC pantheon is arguably stronger than most superheroes.

    I think there is a very good reason why Catwoman returns again and again as Batman's love interest: she provides both a contrast and a challenge to him. Not only romantically, but morally as well. Her role as cat burglar and gentlewoman thief means that she can relate to both Batman and Bruce Wayne, and do so in different ways. Her passion and overt sexuality also contrasts strongly with Batman's puritanism.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  7. #217
    Spectacular Member witchboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    140

    Default

    It is a little surprising that the Nolan movies's Rachel Dawes never got introduced into the comics. I wouldn't want her to take Selina's place, but I think she was interesting and strong enough to carve out her own place in the comics as a supporting character.
    At least for the movies I liked both versions of her better than Hathaway's bland Selina, which is a shame because Selina is such a great character and both Batman Returns and Gotham gave us really fantastic versions of her.

  8. #218
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBatman View Post
    I'm not seeing how any film version of Lois is better than what they did with Vicki in B89, but ok. Kevin Smith was already using Silver in his own Batman book, so I'm entirely not buying the whole "Pet characters for certain writers" thing in her case, though it is clear that people don't really want to use her. I never said any damage done to comics Talia had anything to do with Selina. I said that they've been simultanelously under or misusing other love interests while cementing Selina as THE love interest.
    I'm sure many fans have some issues with the various Lois Lanes, but I think at the very least Margot Kidder is more beloved than Kim Bassinger screaming for two hours. There's a reason Pfeiffer's Catwoman is the most beloved of the original Batman movie love interests, with maybe Chase coming in a very distant second because she's played by ultra hot 90s Nicole Kidman. And like Kjn said, Lois is a far bigger deal that is covering the areas that Vicki could cover in a more interesting way.

    I'm pretty sure Smith killed off Silver at the end of his series that hasn't seen a conclusion, so I wouldn't call that a win for her.

    Is Selina being cemented THE love interest a bad thing? There Can Only Be One, and she was popular to begin with, which encourages more usage, and in turn creates more popularity. That's how these things go, it's comic book natural selection. Who cares if the others fell by the wayside? That means they weren't worth it in the long run. Same reason nobody has overthrown Lois Lane as #1 love interest, or why Marvel can't get rid of Mary Jane at this point no matter how hard they try.

  9. #219
    Spectacular Member witchboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm sure many fans have some issues with the various Lois Lanes, but I think at the very least Margot Kidder is more beloved than Kim Bassinger screaming for two hours. There's a reason Pfeiffer's Catwoman is the most beloved of the original Batman movie love interests, with maybe Chase coming in a very distant second because she's played by ultra hot 90s Nicole Kidman. And like Kjn said, Lois is a far bigger deal that is covering the areas that Vicki could cover in a more interesting way.

    I'm pretty sure Smith killed off Silver at the end of his series that hasn't seen a conclusion, so I wouldn't call that a win for her.

    Is Selina being cemented THE love interest a bad thing? There Can Only Be One, and she was popular to begin with, which encourages more usage, and in turn creates more popularity. That's how these things go, it's comic book natural selection. Who cares if the others fell by the wayside? That means they weren't worth it in the long run. Same reason nobody has overthrown Lois Lane as #1 love interest, or why Marvel can't get rid of Mary Jane at this point no matter how hard they try.
    Catwoman is the most popular love interest for a reason. She's complicated and interesting and can carry a series on her own. She's as close to an equal as Batman gets.
    And of the original movie love interests,Pfeiffer is definitely my favorite, but Vale is my second favorite. I would think she is pretty solidly the second favorite. I've never heard much talk of Nicole Kidman being all that popular as Chase. I found her kind of hollow and dull. Looks wise, I'd think Bassinger would be on equal footing with Kidman, but to be fair, I'm more interested in Val Kilmer.

  10. #220
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    It is a little surprising that the Nolan movies's Rachel Dawes never got introduced into the comics. I wouldn't want her to take Selina's place, but I think she was interesting and strong enough to carve out her own place in the comics as a supporting character.
    At least for the movies I liked both versions of her better than Hathaway's bland Selina, which is a shame because Selina is such a great character and both Batman Returns and Gotham gave us really fantastic versions of her.
    I think Selina worked in tDKR primarily because of that. She's someone who needed Batman and in turn he needs her, too. She rises to the challenge of heroism that he displayed for her, by saving his life and killing Bane.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •