View Poll Results: Who is Bruce's best love interest?

Voters
321. You may not vote on this poll
  • Catwoman

179 55.76%
  • Talia al Ghul

45 14.02%
  • Vicki Vale

7 2.18%
  • Julie Madison

10 3.12%
  • Silver St. Cloud

20 6.23%
  • Sasha Bordeaux

3 0.93%
  • Wonder Woman

27 8.41%
  • Black Canary

2 0.62%
  • Shondra Kinsolving

0 0%
  • Katherine "Kathy" Webb-Kane

2 0.62%
  • Andrea Beaumont

7 2.18%
  • Vesper Fairchild

2 0.62%
  • Barbara Gordon

1 0.31%
  • Rachel Dawes

0 0%
  • Other (please state)

16 4.98%
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Selina, not really a contest.

I can't really see Bruce overlooking Talia's active complicity with Ra's, makes about as much sense as Bruce dating Harley just because he feels bad over her being played like a fiddle by the Joker. I never liked the traditional dynamic where she's literally just a tug of war between Bruce and her dad.

Vikki Vale is just Bat-writers compensating for something the Superman franchise did first and have done better.

No real thoughts on Andrea.

Wonder Woman being a love interest to Bruce is degrading to her as a character. Just another manifestation of Bat-God as obviously writers and his fans want him to have the the most beautiful woman from an island full of immortal beautiful woman to swoon over him for no other reason than because "he's Batman". A no go on general principle and a tell-tale sign of a writer who doesn't respect Diana.

Zee and Bruce can be cute but aside from maybe playful banter on her part, that should be where it begins and ends. She already has enough of a problem with her stories revolving too much around Zatara and Constantine, no need to add Bruce to it.

Lol at Barbara Gordon. Saving grace of that Killing Joke movie is that it completely steamrolled that creepy as hell ship.
    Last edited by Gaius; 03-02-2021 at 03:25 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post

Honorable mention to Zatanna. If we ever reach a point again where BatCat isn't so....set in stone anymore, then I'd like to see that relationship explored again.
    Do you think it is set in stone right now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    As long as DC can make profits out of that ship with stories like Hush.

Exploring them as married couple would be more interesting because they can see their true selves more than just their night time personas. One side is devoted to crime fighting while the other side attempts to be so but doesnt have the same drive and might actually revert back to bad habits. The conflict is definately there to be written. An ideal love couple would be boring.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 03-02-2021 at 05:12 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    NOTE: This thread was originally started back in May of 2014.
    Before Rebirth and before Tom King's run.
    With 286 voters,
    * Catwoman = 168 votes
    * Talia al Ghul = 35 votes
    * Wonder Woman = 26 votes
    * Silver St. Cloud = 17 votes
    * Other (please state) = 14 votes

All other options have fewer than ten votes, though Julie Madison has 9.

The Poll shows Catwoman got 170 votes.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Incredible Member

Pretty much a route.

I think the general public feels the same way, and they're likely going to be paired together yet again in the newest Batman movie. I think the comics should just let them be solidified for good.

I voted Catwoman it seems. Probably back when I first joined. How things have changed. The last years have considerably lessened my enjoyment of Selina and Bruce together. I'd vote Silver St. Cloud if asked today.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    The Poll shows Catwoman got 170 votes.
    It was 168 when I posted the numbers. (A total of 286 had voted at that point.)

How many additional people voted after I posted those numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Bruce really only has two options; either he ends up all alone and miserable (The Dark Knight Returns, Batman Beyond) or he ends up with Selina (Pre Crisis Earth 2, Nu52 Earth 2, The Dark Knight Rises).

Perhaps I should create a new thread / poll with all the options except Catwoman?

Hell, I could substitute Dick Grayson for Selina . . .

Perhaps I should create a new thread / poll with all the options except Catwoman?

I think that would be interesting.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Is Selina being cemented THE love interest a bad thing?
    Batman didn't need to have "THE love interest". Also, I found other Bruce romances more compelling than any serious Bruce/Selina romance in the comics. And when I preferred Bruce/Selina to other romances in movies and TV shows, I only considered them the best by default.

IMO, Bruce/Selina is a completely overrated pairing, so for me, cementing Selina as
    "THE love interest" is a bad thing. And sure, I get why it was done, but it doesn't make it any less of a bad thing in my eyes.

Mighty Member

Yeah............Maybe creating a poll about Batman's best love interest excluding Selina would be better

every Batman love interest poll that I have ever come across, Selina blows out the competition with 2nd place as distant and it's not always Talia

A lot of people disagree about what is best and what is worst
    it's relative and subjective

I think that it's more who is most popular and who is most unpopular

I had already voted for Selina, and I don't regret it.
    I am not letting King's run change my feelings about her.
    I have been a Bat/Cat fan since I was a little kid in the 1970s
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBatman View Post
    Batman didn't need to have "THE love interest". Also, I found other Bruce romances more compelling than any serious Bruce/Selina romance in the comics. And when I preferred Bruce/Selina to other romances in movies and TV shows, I only considered them the best by default.

IMO, Bruce/Selina is a completely overrated pairing, so for me, cementing Selina as
    "THE love interest" is a bad thing. And sure, I get why it was done, but it doesn't make it any less of a bad thing in my eyes.
    Why doesn't he need a "THE" love interest? If it protects us from nonsense like Bruce/WW or Bruce/Barbara, it can only be a good thing.

If you think it's a bad thing...sorry, but too bad. It's pretty much already happened loooooong before any of the current stuff in the comics. She won on the biggest stage (other media) a long time ago, so even the comics are secondary. She's already had two big movie releases as a love interest, and looks to be getting a third (and maybe more). The reason the other love interests don't make it in is because they really aren't that compelling or offering anything unique that other superhero love interests offer. For the comics, Silver and Sasha are ok but have a limited shelf life.

She's the default because she doesn't have that much compelling competition.

Truly enjoyed Son of the Demon, which is why Talia will always be my favorite choice for the Bat's love interest:

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBatman View Post
    Batman didn't need to have "THE love interest".
    Maybe but I want one