View Poll Results: Who is Bruce's best love interest?

Voters
321. You may not vote on this poll
  • Catwoman

179 55.76%
  • Talia al Ghul

45 14.02%
  • Vicki Vale

7 2.18%
  • Julie Madison

10 3.12%
  • Silver St. Cloud

20 6.23%
  • Sasha Bordeaux

3 0.93%
  • Wonder Woman

27 8.41%
  • Black Canary

2 0.62%
  • Shondra Kinsolving

0 0%
  • Katherine "Kathy" Webb-Kane

2 0.62%
  • Andrea Beaumont

7 2.18%
  • Vesper Fairchild

2 0.62%
  • Barbara Gordon

1 0.31%
  • Rachel Dawes

0 0%
  • Other (please state)

16 4.98%
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Catwoman by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat007007 View Post
    Exactly. I cannot understand why people especially people voting for Catwoman don't understand this. I mean seriously Batman being with Catwoman or Talia makes no sense. Both are criminals and neither of them stand for Justice. The core of Batman always has been fighting for Justice no matter the price he had to pay to get it done. I love Damian but I'm glad that his mother his dead now (I know, he is dead too but you get the point people).

For Catwoman now. I cannot stand that retarded character anymore. I mean her book s*cks, she looks, acts, dresses like a retard. At the beginning, I found her funny but now she wants Batman so bad and thats makes her look like a schoolgirl that cannot let go of her first crush. It got to the point I wish for her dead. I sh*t you not. But according to Batman 29 I think, she will the new queen of crime in Gotham. No way Bruce he is going to fall for her ever again after that betrayal. I'm glad she is done for. At least, I can thank DC for that.

I vote for Zee. She is surely the only woman who TRULY understands both Batman and Bruce Wayne since she is a childhood friend of Bruce. Thats count for something. The history they have together must be insane and you should be worth exploring. Zatanna/Batman is a much more mature pairing than the Batman/Catwoman pairing ever will be. Zee understands the meaning of Justice better than Catwoman. The Magician and the Detective together ? Yeah I can see that in my head no problem.
    I'm playing Devils advocate, if Bats can't forgive Selina for her betrayal than what about Zatanna's mind wiping of Bats?

BANNED

Exactly. I cannot understand why people especially people voting for Catwoman don't understand this. I mean seriously Batman being with Catwoman or Talia makes no sense. Both are criminals and neither of them stand for Justice.
    If that's the case why does he keep going after "bad" girls? He clearly has a type.

I vote for Zee. She is surely the only woman who TRULY understands both Batman and Bruce Wayne since she is a childhood friend of Bruce. Thats count for something. The history they have together must be insane and you should be worth exploring. Zatanna/Batman is a much more mature pairing than the Batman/Catwoman pairing ever will be. Zee understands the meaning of Justice better than Catwoman. The Magician and the Detective together ? Yeah I can see that in my head no problem.
    That's almost as bad as Wonder Woman. Metahumans or magical characters have no place conceptually in the Batfamily.

To those people saying Batman's love is Gotham, or Lady Justice, or some variation have a point, but the question obviously refers to the ladies Bruce has physical contact with.

If the question was "Who should Bruce marry?" The answer would be; "He's married to the Batman", "He's married to Justice", "He's married to Gotham".

Captain Kirk was married to the Enterprise, but he still slept with every alien that came along. Only a few deserved to be called "relationships" though. When you're talking about Batman only Catwoman gets any return on her love, and even that is limited.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    I'm playing Devils advocate, if Bats can't forgive Selina for her betrayal than what about Zatanna's mind wiping of Bats?
    I don't think Zatanna's mind wiping put in danger Batman's beloved city or increased crime in Gotham. Superman beat the crap of Batman in the past many times and they are still friends right ? The worst betrayal you can do to Bruce is to betray what he stands for and he cleary stands for his city and Justice. You cannot disrespect Gotham and expect Bruce to forgive you. So yeah, I'm pretty sure Catwoman being new queen of crime in Gotham will for sure destroy whats left of Bruce/Selina "friendship". Can't wait to read that.

LOL @ trying to sweep the mind wipe under the rug.

Batman is a very private and secretive person. Invading his mind and erasing his memory is a huge invasion of his privacy and betrayal of his trust. I like Bruce/Zee but their relationship was in murky waters before Bruce forgave her in Dini's 'Tech run.

The worst thing Catwoman does is steal things. She doesn't kill (except for that one time with Black Mask who didn't die and has since been retconned with the Nu 52) and she has a good side to her. Underneath all that grim darkness Batman wants the villains to reform. That's part of why he keeps saving them. There are stories where he nearly gets killed trying to bring out Harvey Dent in Two-Face and why he gives Catwoman chance after chance. She actually did reform for a while and became the protector of Gotham's East End.

Not to mention they were married on Pre-Crisis Earth 2, New 52 Earth 2 and ended up together in The Dark Knight Rises. When it comes to love interests, the odds are all in her favor.

And as mentioned before, Zatanna doesn't quite fit in in Batman's world. They had a nice fling and their interactions are fun but that's about it really. I run the Zatanna Appreciation thread on here. I know she has better stuff to do than get bat dropping on her boots.

Besides, this is comics. You really thing anything is going to stay destroyed? If one writer 'destroys' something then another writer will come back to fix it. Not to mention all those good stories in the past that can still be enjoyed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    If that's the case why does he keep going after "bad" girls? He clearly has a type.
    So why does Bruce keep going after good girls too ?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    That's almost as bad as Wonder Woman. Metahumans or magical characters have no place conceptually in the Batfamily.
    So why both of them teamed up in the past hum ? Ever read Detective Comics 833, 834, 843, and 844 ? For a guy who fights metahumans on a weekly basis and asked many times magical characters to help him out I don't think Zee being part of the Batfamily would ruin anything. Many consider her a part of a extended Batfamily anyway considering the history they have together. The same cannot be said about Woman Woman and please stop don't mention her ever again in this thread. This whole non-existent Batman/Woman Woman makes as mad as Batman/Catwoman.
    Last edited by Bat007007; 05-21-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Personally, I think Batman should end up with either Wonder Woman or Talia. He's been shown to have kind of an unrequited crush on WW in the past, and for all her faults Talia DOES love him ... it's just a very dysfunctional relationship. It'd be interesting to actually see Bruce and Talia raise Damian if he comes back.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Incredible Member

I voted for Catwoman. She's an anti-hero. Yes she steals, but she hasn't killed anyone in the New 52 to my knowledge( I stopped reading her book after Nocenti started) and she has protected Gotham's East End. Selina for the win, by a huge margin!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    LOL @ trying to sweep the mind wipe under the rug.
    Nope, Bruce forgave her a long time ago. And nice try avoiding what I said about Superman.

She actually did reform for a while and became the protector of Gotham's East End.
    So being the new queen of crime in Gotham is reformation according to you ? If anything, she is a confirmed failure. She is back at being a pure villain. Bruce will see that very soon enough.

Not to mention they were married on Pre-Crisis Earth 2, New 52 Earth 2 and ended up together in The Dark Knight Rises. When it comes to love interests, the odds are all in her favor.
    Lest see : Dark Knight Rises is non canon so its completely irrelevant. Earth 2 is another continuity and yet again its irrelevant to Prime Earth. If anything, its prove Prime Earth Batman (our Batman) does not go along with that Batman/Catwoman thing. Even Prime Earth Batman said so in the first issue of NEW 52 Justice League of America. If anything, Catwoman chances with Batman are only in non canon stories (Dark Knight Rises) and stories not set in Prime Earth continuity (Earth 2). By the way, why not mentioning Batman Hush ? You know the story where Batman/Catwoman failed hard by the end of the book ? Or course you won't mention canon nor in continuity stories that do not fit your views. Batman Hush speaks volume about how sh*t and stupid the Batman/Catwoman pairing truly is. Please refer to in continuity and canon stories from now on. I only deal with Prime Earth evidences and these evidences cleary show how Batman/Catwoman is very unlikely.

And as mentioned before, Zatanna doesn't quite fit in in Batman's world.
    So a childhood friend of Bruce does not fit in Batman's world ? lol. In a world where Batman fought metahumans, magical characters, travelled through times, fought Gods from other worlds you are saying Zee does not fit ? Sorry but you make no sense. Did you know Zee's father trained Bruce to be an escape artist ? If anything Zee fits well in the Batman's universe. They are linked to each other since childhood and you cannot ignore that. She fought along side the Bird Of Prey team and DC is about to release a Black Canary/Zatanna book disproving your opinion about Zee not fitting in Batman's world. And speaking of metahumans, Black Canary is a metahuman and still she is part of the extended Batfamily. Sorry but your "metahumans do not fit in the Batfamily" argument is a total lie.
    Last edited by Bat007007; 05-21-2014 at 12:50 PM.

As I look at the list of candidates, I realize that my answer depends on which era and which continuity we're talking about.

In the Golden Age, it would probably be Selina Kyle.

In the Silver Age, it would be Kathy Kane, Batwoman.

In the 1970s I'm not sure if there was a clear front-runner -- Silver St. Cloud was absolutely a non-starter because she couldn't stand the thought of being married to someone in Batman's dangerous line of work.

In the early-to-mid 1980s, Selina and Vicki were both serious contenders (and even Alfred's daughter Julia looked like a possibility).

In the late 80s, as the Batman continuity moved into Post-Crisis mode, Year Two's Rachel Caspian would have been perfect for him, and I think she made a serious mistake by becoming a nun instead.

In the 1990s, Shondra Kinsolving also could have been a great wife to Bruce, but it wasn't allowed to happen.

In the DCAU, my money is on Wonder Woman, but I would hate to see that pairing happen in "regular comic book continuity."

And then there's the first and second sets of movies that have all come out within the last quarter-century . . .

All things considered, I'm not sure I'm ever going to be able to honestly vote for "just one."
    Last edited by Lorendiac; 10-09-2018 at 07:26 PM.

BANNED

Talia before... things happened from the past few years.

I love how dangerous and confident she is, but also has this emotional conflict regarding her father, torn between him and her love for Bruce. Or, at least, used to before... THINGS.

As she is now? I hope Talia comes back so they can kill her again. She's the worst, most vile criminal in Batman's rogue gallery, by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin Truth View Post
    Talia before... things happened from the past few years.

I love how dangerous and confident she is, but also has this emotional conflict regarding her father, torn between him and her love for Bruce. Or, at least, used to before... THINGS.

As she is now? I hope Talia comes back so they can kill her again. She's the worst, most vile criminal in Batman's rogue gallery, by far.
    I automatically rejected any thought of Talia as "the best love interest." Her loyalties to her father always get in the way -- and even when her daddy isn't around, she still sometimes does things she really shouldn't do. She and Bruce might love each other, but that alone would not make for a happy marriage if he couldn't trust her.

No "Alfred" option?