View Poll Results: Who is Bruce's best love interest?

Voters
321. You may not vote on this poll
  • Catwoman

179 55.76%
  • Talia al Ghul

45 14.02%
  • Vicki Vale

7 2.18%
  • Julie Madison

10 3.12%
  • Silver St. Cloud

20 6.23%
  • Sasha Bordeaux

3 0.93%
  • Wonder Woman

27 8.41%
  • Black Canary

2 0.62%
  • Shondra Kinsolving

0 0%
  • Katherine "Kathy" Webb-Kane

2 0.62%
  • Andrea Beaumont

7 2.18%
  • Vesper Fairchild

2 0.62%
  • Barbara Gordon

1 0.31%
  • Rachel Dawes

0 0%
  • Other (please state)

16 4.98%
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sonofspam1972 View Post
    When did Catwoman become the default Batman love interest anyways?

Better than Dick Grayson i suppose.
    I'd say there never has been a default love intrest for him but Catwoman has been the longest and most consistent one.

Spectacular Member

No Poison Ivy...

Are the people who are saying Posion Ivy mentioning her because they think she's sexy/like the character? I honestly don't see how she's a good match for Bats.

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    Are the people who are saying Posion Ivy mentioning her because they think she's sexy/like the character? I honestly don't see how she's a good match for Bats.
    It is the only logical answer
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    It is the only logical answer

That Posion Ivy fans like her because she's sexy:P

That Posion Ivy fans like her because she's sexy:P
    I don't think she's that sexy. Also I'm sure there are people who think Catwoman and company are too.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I don't think she's that sexy. Also I'm sure there are people who think Catwoman and company are too.
    True but this is comics where most woman have to be sexed up but they are more developed characters who interact better with Bats. I do like Ivy but the mast majority of her stories even the popular ones with a better "portrayal" she seems kinda flat (which is more to do with the writers and a lack of popular take on her) and the only story I can remember where Bats and Ivy flirt without her seduction plant powers was in Solo where Bats say the plants look nice to wind her up.

Spectacular Member

In most comic books Poison Ivy has appeared there is some sexual tension between her and Bruce. I think they even dated for a brief period when she became human again. Don't you know that opposites attract? The tension between them is evident even in the Gothtopia arc.

As for Batman/Poison Ivy.

There is some basis for that in canon. During her earlier appearances, part of her motivation was a lust towards Batman. Later writers would start moving her more towards being an eco-terrorist. She does try to seduce him more than once but that's not a basis for a pairing.

Alan Grant's Shadow of the Bat Annual #1: Poison Ivy Year One shows her being attracted to Batman as part of her motivation. The art was awesome but the story itself wasn't great, I would take Petty Poison over that story any day of the week.

Back on topic:

Ann Nocenti's Batman/Poison Ivy: Cast Shadows-which is actually good! And a must-read for any Poison Ivy fans-showed them having an underlying mutual sexual tension. It was one of the few stories that actually shows that Bruce and Pamela could be a couple if she would just let go of her villainous ways.

In the Knight Quest arc in Shadow of the Bat title when Bruce is searching for Shondra, there is a moment where he falls asleep and thinks about his love interests and that included Poison Ivy. He points out that Ivy never knew the difference between love and lust as one of the reasons why they can't be together. It was implied that he is attracted to Ivy in a manner that is not borne from lust. Also not knowing the difference between love and lust is a perfect description of Ivy next to 'loves plants more than humans'.

Then of course, there is the most immature example in Kevin Smith's Batman: Widening Gyre where Ivy throwing innuendos at Batman asking her to come 'plow her fields'.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by retical View Post
    In most comic books Poison Ivy has appeared there is some sexual tension between her and Bruce. I think they even dated for a brief period when she became human again. Don't you know that opposites attract? The tension between them is evident even in the Gothtopia arc.
    I disagree that it's "sexual tension" it's normally her plant sexy powers rather than actual sexual tension. When they did they date?

I disagree that it's "sexual tension" it's normally her plant sexy powers rather than actual sexual tension. When they did they date?
    Never. AFAIK

Then again he hasn't gone on a date with most of the women listed here.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

BANNED

Personally, I think the Catwoman/Batman thing is terrible. I mean, how good a relation can it possibly be if one of them has to completely change what he or she is about for it even to be possible?

I don't think it can ever move beyond Ed Brubaker's 'friends with benefits' stage without drastically altering the basic character concept of one of them, like happened in the old Earth 2.
    Selina Kyle serving her time, reforming, retiring and becoming a stay at home wife for Bruce? Come on, how is that still Catwoman?

All-New Member

My vote would absolutely be Catwoman. I do not know why, but there is something about the way that I have seen their relationship develop that just makes me feel as though these two were meant for each other in some weird, rather interesting way. She is one of the few that can keep up with Bruce Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Personally, I think the Catwoman/Batman thing is terrible. I mean, how good a relation can it possibly be if one of them has to completely change what he or she is about for it even to be possible?

I don't think it can ever move beyond Ed Brubaker's 'friends with benefits' stage without drastically altering the basic character concept of one of them, like happened in the old Earth 2.
    Selina Kyle serving her time, reforming, retiring and becoming a stay at home wife for Bruce? Come on, how is that still Catwoman?
    Selina has already retired before when she had a child with Slam Bradley tho. IMO I would of thought she'd be more of a crime fighter partner together than simply just a house wife.
    Last edited by jump; 05-23-2014 at 05:49 AM.

Selina has already retired before when she had a child with Slam Bradley tho. IMO I would of thought she'd be more of a crime fighter partner together than simply just a house wife.
    One detail: The baby's father was Sam Bradley, Jr. -- meaning that the tough old private eye known as Slam Bradley was only the grandfather of Selina's child.