Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Latest Classic Comic You Read

It had to surface once more, a lot of comics don't lead to a lot of discussion, and this is the best place to state what you think of them, if you read them again yourself, or someone else read them and posted about it

I'm currently reading Justice League Europe, right now I'm the Breakdown arc
    Unfortunately, I don't have the Justice League America issues, so I'm missing out some important events in the story
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I recently picked up a bunch of random Bronze Age comics from a dollar bin, and last night I read Marvel Two-in-One #24 (with Black Goliath). Good dialogue (except for from the villain) and solid, if unspectacular art, but the villain, the Hijacker, was ineffably lame. I do like Bill Foster, though.
    I also just finished the Kitty Pryde & Wolverine miniseries from 1984. Good stuff, just before the X-Men jumped the shark.

Avengers #211- Captain America is looking to thin out the Avengers' ranks (not sure why). Moondragon compels a bunch of heroes to come to Avengers Mansion and a new team is formed that includes Yellowjacket and Tigra amongst the mainstays. It was actually a pretty stupid issue, really. It ends with the Avengers going on tv and announcing their new lineup. Just an excuse for some guest stars? I dunno. I'll keep it but, eh.
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

BANNED

How old are we considering classic?

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    It had to surface once more, a lot of comics don't lead to a lot of discussion, and this is the best place to state what you think of them, if you read them again yourself, or someone else read them and posted about it

I'm currently reading Justice League Europe, right now I'm the Breakdown arc
    Unfortunately, I don't have the Justice League America issues, so I'm missing out some important events in the story
    You know that moment when you heard a Madonna song on an oldies station..?
    I just had that feeling.
    LOL.
    BTW- Breakdowns was a fantastic story. It could've had better covers, though. Nevertheless, it ended the run perfectly. It also made it a hard act to follow and I couldn't get into the new direction Leagues afterwards. However, the cover to JLA #61 was divine. Shame it was over.

Now for me...
    As I'm re-reading my Showcase Presents and just happened to have started today... I would say the latest classic comic I read was the Superman story from Action Comics #241.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    How old are we considering classic?
    2000 and older

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    You know that moment when you heard a Madonna song on an oldies station..?
    I just had that feeling.
    LOL.
    BTW- Breakdowns was a fantastic story. It could've had better covers, though. Nevertheless, it ended the run perfectly. It also made it a hard act to follow and I couldn't get into the new direction Leagues afterwards. However, the cover to JLA #61 was divine. Shame it was over.
    That feeling is ok
    I love the covers made for that arc
    Still have to read what comes after that
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (if it counts) and Kirby's The Eternals.
    BB

Currently reading Showcase Presents : Superman Vol. 1. Just finished up Action Comics #243 : The Lady and the Lion. Good, fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (if it counts)
    Depends on the age of the volume
    Manga is a comic book, so I don't see anything against listing manga here
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

The Authority is what I'm rereading now,as they try to defeat Jack Kirby.

2000 and older

That feeling is ok
    I love the covers made for that arc
    Still have to read what comes after that
    Honestly, the stuff after Breakdowns, especially Jurgens, was really good. It just had the unfortunate luck of following right after Giffen & DeMatteis. I would recommend, in hindsight, taking a break from it before continuing so that you can distance the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post
    Currently reading Showcase Presents : Superman Vol. 1. Just finished up Action Comics #243 : The Lady and the Lion. Good, fun stuff.
    Cheers! I plan to read two comics worth of stories a day, so it looks like I'll be reading that one tomorrow.

Depends on the age of the volume
    Manga is a comic book, so I don't see anything against listing manga here
    It started in '87 and I'm currently in the middle of Part 5, which would be around '97.
    Cool.
    BB

A lot of the stuff I read is classic, if you're going to go by before 2000. But the oldest I read recently was the first X-Men from the Adamantium Collection.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Honestly, the stuff after Breakdowns, especially Jurgens, was really good. It just had the unfortunate luck of following right after Giffen & DeMatteis. I would recommend, in hindsight, taking a break from it before continuing so that you can distance the two.
    All I could found of that Justice League of America is the first 25 issues and 3 annuals when it was International
    What's underwhelming in the Europe series is DeMatties leaving, I'll say that run is similar to what you said about the JLA series coinciding with it

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    A lot of the stuff I read is classic, if you're going to go by before 2000. But the oldest I read recently was the first X-Men from the Adamantium Collection.
    Good then, you have plenty to talk about here
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    Avengers #211- Captain America is looking to thin out the Avengers' ranks (not sure why). Moondragon compels a bunch of heroes to come to Avengers Mansion and a new team is formed that includes Yellowjacket and Tigra amongst the mainstays. It was actually a pretty stupid issue, really. It ends with the Avengers going on tv and announcing their new lineup. Just an excuse for some guest stars? I dunno. I'll keep it but, eh.
    Was this when the Avengers had a six (or was it seven) member limit, dictated by the government? I actually liked this issue, though I'm a sucker for the era of Avengers (really anything Avengers from Roy Thomas through about #300) and I'm not sure what the point of Moondragon's interference was, other than to show what a jerk she is, which I already knew.