Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

I recently picked up Avengers 273-276 at a lcs, the first 4 parts of the Under Siege storyline. Man, what a good read. If Marvel still did events that felt like this, I'd buy them. Looking forward to buying the last part.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

After my recent discovery of Hellboy through the Library Editions I had to get some more Mignola so I went for Gotham By Gaslight. Great story and art, Bruce Wayne in prison by Mignola is some powerful art. The second part was enjoyable too although a bit more dragged out than the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch by Night View Post
    I recently picked up Avengers 273-276 at a lcs, the first 4 parts of the Under Siege storyline. Man, what a good read. If Marvel still did events that felt like this, I'd buy them. Looking forward to buying the last part.
    You got that right.

Batman, No Man's Land.
    Read all of Cataclysm, Aftershock, and half of Road to No Man's Land.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I liked No Man's Land but I would've hated it if I couldn't read it in big chunks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I liked No Man's Land but I would've hated it if I couldn't read it in big chunks.
    In other words, it's slow?

Quote Originally Posted by day_walker View Post
    In other words, it's slow?
    Started reading it once, haven't finished. Not that it's slow, it just has too many tie ins and I'm not interested in, say, Scarecrow doing some stuff in a church ( or was that Two face? Can't remember). Had a similar problem with Knightfall too (and some other problems as well).

Been a while since I read it but I remember things happening but they were insignificant for a long time. Like Balakin said, it wasn't slow but nothing relevant happens for long periods.

It's funny how in the "Road to no Man's Land" time Batman is in Arkham Asylum, at the same time he's in Washington.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Started reading it once, haven't finished. Not that it's slow, it just has too many tie ins and I'm not interested in, say, Scarecrow doing some stuff in a church ( or was that Two face? Can't remember). Had a similar problem with Knightfall too (and some other problems as well).
    That doesn't sound so good.

Quote Originally Posted by day_walker View Post
    That doesn't sound so good.
    Take my opinion with a grain of salt. Lot of people seem to like both Knightfall and No man's land. I liked certain parts but other parts were just so uninteresting to me that I parted with my copy after reading (and don't have the desire to read Knightquest and Knightsomething).
    But I generally have problems with oldschool street level heroes, because usually the stories are not enough street level, there is always some added element that negates the charm and atmosphere of street level stuff, but the fantasy/sci-fi elements are just not strong enough to make a proper superhero book (to mee. That said, I really liked Batman and the Outsiders).
    I had the same problem with Miller's original DD run (that and the way Matt dealt with his girlfriend).
    Also, I'm really irritated by most of Batman's villains (especially the Joker).

Fantastic Member

Wrapped up Astro City from the start. Its wonderful stuff but binging it is like eating binge eating rich chocolate. Moving on to Complete Elfquest Volume 1.

Underwater welder
    I kill giants titan edition
    The Cape deluxe edition
    Caligula

super fast reads and I liked them all

I'm up to 23 in Sam Keith's The Maxx and 19 in John Byrne's Next Men... too bad Hellboy's first appearance is in Next Men #21, because I got the rest of the series for a quarter a pop and #21 goes for like 40 bucks! IDK if I'm gonna be able to afford that one... I also picked up the Shadowhawk 0-16 for a dime a piece (including a signed copy of #2 with COA numbered out of 1000 and a signed trading card.) so I started reading through that stuff again. I've read the first two story arcs but not the rest. It isn't as good as the Maxx or Next Men, but it was damn cheap.

Just finished The Longbow Hunters and loved it. My first Green Arrow book and I didn't want to like it mostly because its not a good time for me to get into another new character. I thought the art was really good, the story was involved and interesting and it was a perfect length for the story.

I'd read about it being a back to basics take on the character but it was great to actually see Oliver make an effort to streamline himself through the story. I was surprised by the brutal violence which was a nice bonus, it fit.