Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Latest Classic Comic You Read

It had to surface once more, a lot of comics don't lead to a lot of discussion, and this is the best place to state what you think of them, if you read them again yourself, or someone else read them and posted about it

I'm currently reading Justice League Europe, right now I'm the Breakdown arc
    Unfortunately, I don't have the Justice League America issues, so I'm missing out some important events in the story
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I recently picked up a bunch of random Bronze Age comics from a dollar bin, and last night I read Marvel Two-in-One #24 (with Black Goliath). Good dialogue (except for from the villain) and solid, if unspectacular art, but the villain, the Hijacker, was ineffably lame. I do like Bill Foster, though.
    I also just finished the Kitty Pryde & Wolverine miniseries from 1984. Good stuff, just before the X-Men jumped the shark.

Avengers #211- Captain America is looking to thin out the Avengers' ranks (not sure why). Moondragon compels a bunch of heroes to come to Avengers Mansion and a new team is formed that includes Yellowjacket and Tigra amongst the mainstays. It was actually a pretty stupid issue, really. It ends with the Avengers going on tv and announcing their new lineup. Just an excuse for some guest stars? I dunno. I'll keep it but, eh.
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

BANNED

How old are we considering classic?

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    Avengers #211- Captain America is looking to thin out the Avengers' ranks (not sure why). Moondragon compels a bunch of heroes to come to Avengers Mansion and a new team is formed that includes Yellowjacket and Tigra amongst the mainstays. It was actually a pretty stupid issue, really. It ends with the Avengers going on tv and announcing their new lineup. Just an excuse for some guest stars? I dunno. I'll keep it but, eh.
    Was this when the Avengers had a six (or was it seven) member limit, dictated by the government? I actually liked this issue, though I'm a sucker for the era of Avengers (really anything Avengers from Roy Thomas through about #300) and I'm not sure what the point of Moondragon's interference was, other than to show what a jerk she is, which I already knew.

Quote Originally Posted by day_walker View Post
    Was this when the Avengers had a six (or was it seven) member limit, dictated by the government? I actually liked this issue, though I'm a sucker for the era of Avengers (really anything Avengers from Roy Thomas through about #300) and I'm not sure what the point of Moondragon's interference was, other than to show what a jerk she is, which I already knew.
    I only have a handful of issues from this era. Captain America said in the issue he thought the team needed to be only 6 or 7 members but I don't think he said it was a mandate. Dunno. I guess Moondragon was just the mechanism to get a bunch of guest stars to show up!

I read issue #216 last night- in that one Tigra already quits and Yellowjacket and Wasp were nowhere to be found, so I guess they were headed for more lineup changes. Good times...
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

Been reading Newsboy Legion before that it was a re-read of Kamandi.

Action Comics #242 via Showcase Presents.
    I like how they introduce Kandor without retconning any of the previous stories. That's how it's done. By embellishing and revealing through a story that keeps to the original tales and characterizations. Plus, we get a new arch-villain in the process.

Justice League Europe 36
    "A duck hunter destroying a body the league members couldn't handle", I love Beetle's reaction and change of attitude
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Action Comics #242 via Showcase Presents.
    I like how they introduce Kandor without retconning any of the previous stories. That's how it's done. By embellishing and revealing through a story that keeps to the original tales and characterizations. Plus, we get a new arch-villain in the process.
    That's the issue introducing Braniac?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Aspiring Comic Creator theBellrhino's Avatar

The most recent classic comic I've read was Iron Man: Demon in a Bottle. I found the Premier Hardcover at Hastings for $5 the other day and couldn't pass it up. It was pretty good, but not as great a story as the hype machine led me to believe.
    "Just because there's a crack in something doesn't mean you throw it away."

Collected Edition and Graphic Novel Collection Current Standing:
    452 Books
    Single Issue Collection Current Standing:
    903 Issues

Spider-Man manga chapters 1-4
    English translation removes some panels, and some pages, completely removed, the missing context is confusing at times
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

I finally found the holy grail of Black Widow, Tales of Suspense #52 at the comicon. I bought it. I hated even to open it; but I did and read it oh so carefully. Is this blasphemy?

Quote Originally Posted by blackwidow12345 View Post
    I finally found the holy grail of Black Widow, Tales of Suspense #52 at the comicon. I bought it. I hated even to open it; but I did and read it oh so carefully. Is this blasphemy?
    Maybe I will be linched for this but I think comics are for reading. Sure, be careful, but read the thing at least once.
    Or this comic is a museum pice like an Action comics #1 would be?

All-New Member

If it can be counted, the second issue of the "Legion of Super-Heroes" '86 run---the "Ten Years Later" storyline.

All-New Member

Currently about to finish Showcase presents All-star squadron. really enjoying it so far with the WWII setting and the team lineup without most of your JSA heavy hitters. I hope DC does another volume(s) and finishes this up.