Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    All I could found of that Justice League of America is the first 25 issues and 3 annuals when it was International
    What's underwhelming in the Europe series is DeMatties leaving, I'll say that run is similar to what you said about the JLA series coinciding with it
    Yeah, DC hasn't been reprinting them like they should. Though, honestly, they've done more than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by day_walker View Post
    Was this when the Avengers had a six (or was it seven) member limit, dictated by the government? I actually liked this issue, though I'm a sucker for the era of Avengers (really anything Avengers from Roy Thomas through about #300) and I'm not sure what the point of Moondragon's interference was, other than to show what a jerk she is, which I already knew.
    I only have a handful of issues from this era. Captain America said in the issue he thought the team needed to be only 6 or 7 members but I don't think he said it was a mandate. Dunno. I guess Moondragon was just the mechanism to get a bunch of guest stars to show up!

I read issue #216 last night- in that one Tigra already quits and Yellowjacket and Wasp were nowhere to be found, so I guess they were headed for more lineup changes. Good times...
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

Been reading Newsboy Legion before that it was a re-read of Kamandi.

Fantastic Member

Savage Sword of Conan . Have majority of set now need 28 more issues . But got complete run from 70 up so started to read them

BANNED

Either 1 of the books I got at the Free Comic Book Day sale, or the Gold Key Star Trek trade...

Superman #122 via Showcase Presents Superman Vol. 1.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Read through the second volume of the Jonah Hex showcase - unfortunately my copy seems to be defective - DC just seemed to forget to print like 34 pages of the solicited material

Amazing Spider-Man 116-133. Highlights including John Jameson as Man-Wolf, the deaths of Gwen, Doc Ock romancing Aunt May, The Vulture killing a woman and more!

Oh, and Spidey-Mobile as well!

Action Comics #242 via Showcase Presents.
    I like how they introduce Kandor without retconning any of the previous stories. That's how it's done. By embellishing and revealing through a story that keeps to the original tales and characterizations. Plus, we get a new arch-villain in the process.

Justice League Europe 36
    "A duck hunter destroying a body the league members couldn't handle", I love Beetle's reaction and change of attitude
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Action Comics #242 via Showcase Presents.
    I like how they introduce Kandor without retconning any of the previous stories. That's how it's done. By embellishing and revealing through a story that keeps to the original tales and characterizations. Plus, we get a new arch-villain in the process.
    That's the issue introducing Braniac?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Justice League Europe 36
    "A duck hunter destroying a body the league members couldn't handle", I love Beetle's reaction and change of attitude
    That's the issue introducing Braniac?
    Yeap. Brainiac makes his first appearance as an alien (with pet alien-monkey, Koko) that plans to take the big cities of our world back with him to repopulate his dead world.
    It's interesting that out of nine cities, only one was not from Earth. And that one just happened to be from Krypton, snatched before the planet exploded.
    It's also revealed that it would take 100 years to travel to Brainiac's world. He puts himself in suspended animation for the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Yeap. Brainiac makes his first appearance as an alien (with pet alien-monkey, Koko) that plans to take the big cities of our world back with him to repopulate his dead world.
    It's interesting that out of nine cities, only one was not from Earth. And that one just happened to be from Krypton, snatched before the planet exploded.
    It's also revealed that it would take 100 years to travel to Brainiac's world. He puts himself in suspended animation for the trip.
    His plan doesn't sound evil
    Reminds me of the story of Kal-El's brother (imaginary scenario) becoming Superman, I'll try to dig that one up
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

His plan doesn't sound evil
    Reminds me of the story of Kal-El's brother (imaginary scenario) becoming Superman, I'll try to dig that one up
    Oh, I left out the part about him planning to rule over them.

Right before I went to sleep last night, I read Incredible Hulk #129, from The Essential Hulk, Volume Three. The Leader and the Glob!

Right before that, I read that Imaginary story where Linda Lee (Supergirl) dreams that she was adopted by the Kents instead of Kal-El. I was reading it in a reprint book, the Superman Annual from 1964, and it doesn't say where the story appeared originally.
    My, my! One does peculiar things when one is a gorilla!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier X View Post
    Right before I went to sleep last night, I read Incredible Hulk #129, from The Essential Hulk, Volume Three. The Leader and the Glob!

Right before that, I read that Imaginary story where Linda Lee (Supergirl) dreams that she was adopted by the Kents instead of Kal-El. I was reading it in a reprint book, the Superman Annual from 1964, and it doesn't say where the story appeared originally.
    Found it...
    Action Comics #275
    http://www.dcindexes.com/features/da...story&id=17043