Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Unfortunately I bought all 4 volumes based on the love it had received, have decided to cut my losses and not waste time on final 2 books, eBay here they come

Yeah, 100 bullets was a bore, but his wonder woman was excellent, as for his hellblazer I read them as floppies as they came out, but I can't remember a single thing about them, have got the HB trades to get through at some point so I'm sure it will all come flooding back
    WW wasn't bad but it never really clicked with me as it did with others. Can't point to anything why it just didn't. Also feels like he went against anything WW was before by the end.
    I say this is the perfect season for a Hellblazer readathon.

Fantastic Member

Been reading Uncanny X-Men from Giant Size 1 until... combined omnibus and single issues. It's been about 10 years of so since I've read this and I totally forgot how wonderful this series was and how it hit the ground running. Chris Claremont was light years ahead of many of his Marvel colleagues during the Bronze Age.

Typically, when I read a long run, I'm looking forward to a certain stories or events or creative team slogging through the (abundant) amounts of comics I don't want to read. There are so many of those points in the Claremont X-men run, I'm never bored or going through the motions to get to the next issue.

Fantastic Member

I just finished reading War Machine series 2 issue 1 to 12 . Actually was a lot better read than I thought it was going to be . Nice cover art , good read . Now I am going to read US War Machine series 1 and 2 . These were my recent finds .

Just finished the latest Fables OHC and once again it doesn't disappoint, this may be sacrilege to some but I find the a far better, certainly a far more entertaining read than Sandman, I have tried to keep away from any spoilers with this book, it has finished Right? How many more books will there be?

Mighty Member

Just finished the latest Fables OHC and once again it doesn't disappoint, this may be sacrilege to some but I find the a far better, certainly a far more entertaining read than Sandman, I have tried to keep away from any spoilers with this book, it has finished Right? How many more books will there be?
    It eneded with issue 150. Think there's supposed to be 2 more hcs.

Fantastic Member

Just finished Us War machine series and Us war machine 2.0 , 15 books in total . Killed a few hours not the greatest books , but wanted to have to have them to finish off my War Machine collection .

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Anybody notice Jack Chick died? He did those scary pocket sized black and white religious comics. Actually, they were just, "You're going to Hell comics." I bet reading comcs sent you there. Each one of his comcs is like a black and white curse. The art totally looks like mean EC Comics. I bet Jack Chick did that on purpose. He probably had a good EC collection. Anyways, wow, that's a classic comic lost, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Anybody notice Jack Chick died? He did those scary pocket sized black and white religious comics. Actually, they were just, "You're going to Hell comics." I bet reading comcs sent you there. Each one of his comcs is like a black and white curse. The art totally looks like mean EC Comics. I bet Jack Chick did that on purpose. He probably had a good EC collection. Anyways, wow, that's a classic comic lost, so to speak.
    I've seen someone reporting it on facebook, looked him up and seen that he did religious stuff but like really radical things, so wasn't really intrigued to look him up further.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I am not endorsing buying a book at all, but it was a legitimately scary experience finding those comics laying around for free. Literally walking down the street, laying in the dirt, you could find these horror comics that played on your fears. You just couldn't imagine someone sent those out there.

I started reading post COIE Batman in September. I started with Year One, made it through Death In The Family, saw Tim Drake's debut, and now I'm on Batman #461. So that's #404-461 so far.
    "And I'm still of the opinion that actually physically killing him would be more eye-rolling and irritating than anything else; there's no way he'd stay dead, and having three boys who passed just damages the effect of any Batfamily member dying.

At this rate, Alfred should be getting a discount at the funeral homes and half the family must have frequent funeral miles."

-godisawesome, CBR

Mainly following: Batman, Detective, Titans, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns, Flash, Harley Quinn

Read Fantastic Four 1 - 3 last night. I enjoyed them for a nostalgic blast but it's very jarring just how uncharacteristic and inconsistent the team seems to act. All in all very enjoyable though.

Thought I'd revive this thread, although the book I'm halfway through is no classic, Black Science, I thought this would be right up my ally but I don't even think I'm going to finish it, it is going straight on the eBay pile, I like most of fractions stuff but this is just boring and the art, I haven't come across Scalera before, but I absolutely hate it (actually have I come across him before? Did he do five ghosts? As I hated that as well) only good thing about this is I can now strike book 2 off my to get list. Awful stuff

BANNED

Late last night I read the classic Giant Size X Men. Not bad but man, Angel and Wolverine were being creepy horny pervs.

Plus Bobby had an attitude problem against the New x Men. At least the Warpath and Colossus were being cool and trying to avoid a fight

Mighty Member

Thought I'd revive this thread, although the book I'm halfway through is no classic, Black Science, I thought this would be right up my ally but I don't even think I'm going to finish it, it is going straight on the eBay pile, I like most of fractions stuff but this is just boring and the art, I haven't come across Scalera before, but I absolutely hate it (actually have I come across him before? Did he do five ghosts? As I hated that as well) only good thing about this is I can now strike book 2 off my to get list. Awful stuff
    Remender not Fraction. I can understand bot liking something, but hating both the story AND art on this one, you're definitely in the minority here.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Remender not Fraction. I can understand bot liking something, but hating both the story AND art on this one, you're definitely in the minority here.

Good catch, yes Remender not Fraction, there have been a few well received books that I haven't liked lately, five ghosts, revival, southern bastards, wicked + Divine, hey, are they all Image books?