Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

New Teen Titans v1 #10
    After the Trigon arc I thought this series might be something I won't like, issue 09 is after the Trigon mess and I didn't care for it either, so I took a break from the series
    Now I found this issue to be an enjoyable read
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Fantastic Member

Currently reading Lucifer, which starts just outside of the 10-year rule, if anybody follows it. This makes my third attempt. I'm catching on. Over the years I've realized I'm not ready for certain comics or that I'm not at the right place in my life or age -- more so with the pre-Vertigo Vertigo comics.
    Last edited by John Aston; 07-31-2014 at 12:10 PM.

Robin v1 #110-120

The Lewis run after Chuck Dixon left isn't half bad. The arc I just finished focused on the return of Charaxes, a villain I really like so it was a lot of fun.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I'm reading Martson's old Wonder Woman comics. There's so much kink and subtext that even Chris Claremont would double take what he just read.
    I do like this version of Etta Candy, though.

All-New Member

I've been reading Creepy Presents Richard Corben. Great stuff so far. I'm a big fan of his art.

I have a TPB of old collected Wonder Woman comics and I read some of the stories from the 40s and 50s. It's crazy to look back and see how much things have changed.
    Last edited by quinnzel; 08-01-2014 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Realized this said CLASSIC, not modern! Sorry folks!
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Heh, well, I finished my run of Phil Jiminez issues on Wonder Woman, which also finishes my WW collection. I don't have that many, it just took me a bit to read them.

Outstanding art. Forget about just Wonder Woman, Jiminez is one of my favorite artists period. Even that weird interlude with Roy Martinez doing art didn't totally damage it. Martinez was ok but he was NOT Jiminez.

The plotting was great. I enjoyed the heck out of the stories and situations. However, it seemed like there were constant issues that were overt love letters to Wonder Woman and how great she is, flaws and all. There's nothing wrong with that but I felt like it went to that well just a little too often, and started to read more like motivational speaking than a comic.

Nonetheless, I would never part with the issues i have and want to fill all the holes in that run when I can.
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

All-New Member

Swamp Thing V1 #1-6

Detective Comics #396 - "The Brain Pickers"

A Wall Street wiz-kid gets kidnapped and Batman has to rescue him using his stock market moves as clues. I've been reading the fifth volume of DC Showcase Presents Batman, and it's been really strong so far, but this is one of the weaker (maybe the weakest) stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    I'm reading Martson's old Wonder Woman comics. There's so much kink and subtext that even Chris Claremont would double take what he just read.
    I do like this version of Etta Candy, though.
    Etta's a riot.

I'm reading Alpha Flight, vol 1. I've read #1-7 so far. I like it. The first few issue have the team together, then the next several issue each focus on a specific member, letting the readers get to know each character, plus an origin of Alpha Flight backup series starts up. I like it so far. Not a ton of action, aside from a couple of issues, but some pretty good character development, and some good Byrne art, though not his best. Very similar to his Fantastic Four artwork.

Just finished up Locke & Key 1-6 hardcovers. It's easily one of my new favorite series. Up there with Y: the last man and preacher in my opinion.

I've been reading Big Damn Sin City. Loved the film but never read any of it. It was my favourite book before I even took it out of the plastic due to size and quality. Just finished That Yellow Bastard, it's definitely lived up to the hype so far. Amazing stories. I wish I'd not seen the first film before I got this book just because I knew how three of the stories were going to end already but its been great to experience them how they were intended.

Also read Miller's Daredevil and Michelanie's Iron Man omnibus' before starting Sin City, two more rightfully celebrated series.

New Teen Titans v1 #11-14

Justice League of America v1 #217-227
    Wanted to read issues during and after putting Flash on probation for killing Professor Zoom, I enjoy the issues, but they contain stupidity
    The chimera arc (221-223) is the dumbest of the bunch, men from Earth get their genes mixed with Earthling animals, and they can stand up to the Justice League, before completely turning to animals. One guy is turned to a whale, and he can out fight both Superman and Wonder Woman, the two who can fight three adult blue whales on their lonesome before breakfast, and not break a sweat
    And a rhino guy can pierce Flash after he saw his eyes before he moves, Flash, who can move at the speed of sound and vibrate allowing things to pass through him
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Just finished the Strange Girl Omnibus.