Astonishing Member

Default MC2 and Spider-Girl to debut in animated series? (spoilers)

Ok, let's see, this is possibly not enough to think about it, but I believe it deserves to be mentioned anyway. You see, in the current three animated series of Marvel, I have noticed two things that could mean a potential debut in animated form of MC2's reality.

1º) Spider-Girl: OK, yeah, I know this is not Mayday Parker, but a gender-swapped version of Peter Parker. But even so, you can't deny she was clearly based on Mayday. I mean, one of her promo images has the same post that in the cover of "Amazing Spider-Girl #1". Then we have regular male characters being replaced by female versions. This Spider-Girl has female versions of Spidey's enemies like Kraven, Doc Ock and Green Goblin; just like Mayday (Aftershoch for Electro, Lady Octopus for Doc Ock, and Fury the Goblin Queen for the Green Goblin). Now that I mentioned, after drinking the Goblin Formula, Norma Osborn ended looking quite similar to Fury the Goblin Queen.

2º) Mainframe: Iron Man's robotic sucessor in the Avengers appeared in today's episode of "Hulk and the Agents of SMASH". At first, he looked like a regular robot, but in the end, it built itself a new robotic body based on Iron Man's armour; which ended looking very much like the Mainframe that we know from MC2.

So, considering these points, do you think Marvel is going to give us an animated version of MC2? (Yes, please, let the dream come true).

Honestly they've barely established an animated version of the Marvel Universe. You don't wanna confuse young viewers by showing the alternate realties for a couple more years. Kinda like how DC animated waited about 5-7 years before the Beyond series was made.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    Honestly they've barely established an animated version of the Marvel Universe. You don't wanna confuse young viewers by showing the alternate realties for a couple more years. Kinda like how DC animated waited about 5-7 years before the Beyond series was made.
    That is true, Aruran. But that didn't stop them for showing us already characters and elements from popular alternative futures of Marvel; like the Maestro in Hulk's series or Spider-Man 2099 in Spider-Man's series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Ok, let's see, this is possibly not enough to think about it, but I believe it deserves to be mentioned anyway. You see, in the current three animated series of Marvel, I have noticed two things that could mean a potential debut in animated form of MC2's reality.

1º) Spider-Girl: OK, yeah, I know this is not Mayday Parker, but a gender-swapped version of Peter Parker. But even so, you can't deny she was clearly based on Mayday. I mean, one of her promo images has the same post that in the cover of "Amazing Spider-Girl #1". Then we have regular male characters being replaced by female versions. This Spider-Girl has female versions of Spidey's enemies like Kraven, Doc Ock and Green Goblin; just like Mayday (Aftershoch for Electro, Lady Octopus for Doc Ock, and Fury the Goblin Queen for the Green Goblin). Now that I mentioned, after drinking the Goblin Formula, Norma Osborn ended looking quite similar to Fury the Goblin Queen.

2º) Mainframe: Iron Man's robotic sucessor in the Avengers appeared in today's episode of "Hulk and the Agents of SMASH". At first, he looked like a regular robot, but in the end, it built itself a new robotic body based on Iron Man's armour; which ended looking very much like the Mainframe that we know from MC2.

So, considering these points, do you think Marvel is going to give us an animated version of MC2? (Yes, please, let the dream come true).
    That would be awesome.

I always felt that Christopher Daniel Barnes, who played Spidey in the 90's would make a great older experience Peter Parker.

And given the various female voice actresses of today's cartoons and the MC-2 Universe positive female influence, I Can see this show being a interesting success for Marvel and Disney. Especially if Disney pushes as a "Marvel" version of their Disney Princess line.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Sounds like a plan
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    That is true, Aruran. But that didn't stop them for showing us already characters and elements from popular alternative futures of Marvel; like the Maestro in Hulk's series or Spider-Man 2099 in Spider-Man's series.
    Yeah but your asking for a whole series set in a different universe.
    Baby steps.

Incredible Member

How much of the Marvel Universe already spanned out in this Disney Marvel Animated Universe already? Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, (young punk) Nova, White Tiger, Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon, Hulk, A-Bomb, She-Hulk, Red Hulk, plus many, many guests, including Wolverine, Thing, Devil Dinosaur, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Agent Venom, throughout their series. Villains has already spanned from as small as Wizard, to as large as Galactus.

By the time of Batman Beyond, it was just mostly Batman and Superman, with only fragments of very few other corners and heroes of DC; Orion, Flash, Aquaman, and Kyle Rayner Green Lantern, whom was not seen nor mentioned again after his episode. In fact, the "Justice League"'s first representation in Timm-Verse was a future version of them in an episode of Batman Beyond, a few years before Justice League the show.
    Last edited by ngroove; 04-01-2015 at 01:29 PM.

As awesome as that would be, Marvel currently lacks that degree of depth within their animated line instead basically using it as a means to sell toys and other merchandise to kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    As awesome as that would be, Marvel currently lacks that degree of depth within their animated line instead basically using it as a means to sell toys and other merchandise to kids.
    Yeah, they made this Spider-Girl literally Rule 63 Peter because they seem to think kids are morons.

I don't think they'd have an MC2 universe series. You could have her cameo in time-travel shenanigans in one of the other cartoons, though. Just have her mention she's the daughter of Spider-Man, who's retired, and you'd be off to the races. You don't even have to show her parents.