Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Batman trade line-up for Fall 2015

And bang...

Batman: The Doom That Came To Gotham available DECEMBER

Was thinking of this book a couple months ago...

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Cross-posting from CSBG...a pretty great write-up on one of the great remaining uncollected WTF's; The Doom that Came to Gotham

Regardless of whether the thing is any good (it is) or if it's the kind of story that floats your boat (obviously that depends)...it's MIKE MIGNOLA and that alone should give DC enough reason to collect this. It's one of those books you'd probably need to reprint once in a while just to keep up with demand.
    Many other goodies announced:

Road to No Mans Land OCTOBER guessing Cataclysm? Another uncollected that's often mentioned around here...
    Batman Arkham: Two-Face OCTOBER joining the previous Harley Quinn and Riddler collections
    Suicide Squad Vol.1 SEPTEMBER John Ostrander run! hell yeah
    Batman v Superman NOVEMBER a proper effort to co-market with the films this time - great. Any ideas what it might contain?...
    Robin Vol.1: Reborn NOVEMBER looks like a Hero Reborn reprint, which is nice...though if so the artist information is very incomplete...so maybe not
    Shaman reprint JANUARY...about time!

In the regular books;

Joker: Endgame SEPTEMBER
    Batman Vol. 7: Endgame OCTOBER
    Batman and Robin Vol. 7: Robin Rises NOVEMBER (#35-40, Alpha, Annual #3, Secret Origins #4)
    Batman Eternal Vol. 3 DECEMBER
    Gotham Academy Vol.2 DECEMBER
    Grayson Vol.2 JANUARY
    Detective Comics Vol.7: Anarky JANUARY

Along with Dark Knight Returns Deluxe Edition, Year 100 Deluxe Edition, Trinity Deluxe Edition, RIP Unwrapped, Absolute Court of Owls, Chuck Dixon Birds of Prey reprints, Chuck Dixon Nightwing Vol.3, Will Pfeifer Catwoman Vol.4, War Crimes reprint (because no one asked for it), Batman '66/Green Hornet

Anything in particular you'll probably grab?

BANNED

I'm pretty sure a Cataclysm reprint has been announced.

Definitely want the Robin, NW, & BoP books, as well as Doom and RtNML.

I have a feeling that the Robin trade will be a disappointment given how much the previous version left out.

Fantastic Member

Road to No Man's Land is exactly what it says: 12 issues with Road to No Man's Land banner. There's still Aftershocks left to collect and maybe that will come next. Then there will be Detective Comics #719-741/Batman #553-574/Shadow Of The Bat #73-94 collected across 7 (?) books.

I really hope that Robin trade is only Dixon/Lyle material (first mini, Batman #467-469, second mini). I'm for collecting Bat-books between Crisis and Knightfall mostly by writers (because Marvel's Epic Collection style won't happen probably), and would prefer Grant's stories be in Batman by Grant trades.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

DK Deluxe and maybe RIP unwrapped.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

We don't know contents of the Two-Face collection because those stories listed are the Riddler collection ones.

I'm hoping the Robin trade throws in as much early Tim stories as it can, by Alan Grant. I don't trust DC to collect that material elsewhere.

I will be FURIOUS if Nightwing Vol 3 doesn't collect Brotherhood of the Fist because...DC really needs to collect that story!
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I'll be picking up Endgame this time next year when it finally gets the paperback treatment.

Might consider Road to No Man's Land though.

Gotham Academy Vol 2 is released one month after its final issue, while Grayson and Detective Comics don't get hardcovers out until 10 months after? That can't be right

I will buy road to no man's land, the doom that came to gotham and shaman.

Pulp Purveyor & Noir Nut FiveGhosts's Avatar

I'm getting: Suicide Squad, Shaman, and Two-Face (depending on the contents).

BANNED

I'm gonna get them all ! except Dark Knight Returns Deluxe Edition, Year 100 Deluxe Edition,Absolute Court of Owls, Chuck Dixon Nightwing Vol.3, War Crimes repirnt and Batman '66/Green Hornet... cause i have them as HC or Tpb already except Batman '66/Green Hornet... i'm just not interested with this one. I just watched the first episode of Batman 66 tv show and it was way too campy for my taste. (I kind of like The movie though, bat shark repellent spray lol)

Can anyone tell me if the detective comics Icarus and anarky stories worth buying??
    Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alfreds Butler View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the detective comics Icarus and anarky stories worth buying??
    I say read them first, or at least the first few issues. It's beautiful but the plots are a lil lacking imo

Doom for sure, Shaman maybe, and I think I'm probably going to get the whole Snyder run eventually. Maybe Tec too

Milligan's Detective, Moench/Kelley, Breyfogle Vol.1, Doom That Came to Gotham and now this! We're on a great run for new Batman collections

Batman by Ed Brubaker Vol. 1 Paperback – February 2, 2016

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I don't know what volume it will be, but these better collect Dead Reckoning.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Milligan's Detective, Moench/Kelley, Breyfogle Vol.1, Doom That Came to Gotham and now this! We're on a great run for new Batman collections

Batman by Ed Brubaker Vol. 1 Paperback – February 2, 2016
    They better start releasing Batman by Greg Rucka volumes as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Catacly...bxgy_14_text_y
    Here's the new edition of Cataclysm

I'm getting Nightwing Volume 3 for sure. Brubaker's Batman. Maybe Road to No Man's Land and Shaman depending on how much money I have.
    "If I come back from the dead one more time I'll be seriously in danger of turning into some kind of walking cliche." - Jean Grey, Uncanny X-Men #284