Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Hobie Brown Appreciation Thread

Thought I'd start a thread for Hobie Brown aka The Prowler. While he isn't used much he's one of those characters I like if only for the potential use he might have. Anyone else interested?

Big Hobie fan. Really happy to see he'll have something to do in Secret Wars, I just hope it translates into something to do afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindpugh View Post
    Big Hobie fan. Really happy to see he'll have something to do in Secret Wars, I just hope it translates into something to do afterwards.
    Thanks for replying Blindpugh. Where was it stated he'd have a role in Secret Wars?

Captain Britain and the Mighty Defenders

Only 2 issues sadly, but it shows that Hobie's getting enough fan support to put him on Al Ewing's radar. Here's hoping this gets enough sales to get everyone on that team a place to be seen in the post Secret Wars world.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to more Hobie Brown post-Secret Wars. Thought it was a really missed opportunity that Peter didn't hire him for Parker Industries, since Hobie had some serious chops as an inventor and scientist himself. And seeing his Spider-Punk/Anarchic Spider-Man incarnation in Spider-Verse, it made me think of those wrist shooters he made as the Prowler, and how similar Ben Reilly's external web-shooters were in design, and it occurred to me that those wrist shooters could easily be modified to shoot webs. . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I just hope he doesn't get killed off, sacrificed to save (whoever) then Spidey vows revenge but never takes it.

Astonishing Member

Prowler is a cool character.
    He have a awesome costume,looking forward to read those two issues during Secret Wars.Looking forward to see Al Ewing's and Alan Davis take on the Prowler.

While I do like the 90s Spider-Man series, I was a bit dissapointed by their portrayal of Hobie as a two-bit thug who got played by Kingpin and wasn't even smart enough to buid the Prowler suit. I did like the ending where Hobie admits how badly he screwed up and that things may never be alright for him, but most of it bothered me.

I loved drawing the Prowler when I was a kid. One of the best costumes ever.

I'm hoping (perhaps foolishly) that if the Netflix Defenders series takes off then Hobie can come into that, possibly in series 2. He'd make a perfect team brain for that lineup.

One of the better costume designs in Spidey's world and a very cool character.....just a really awful and unfortunate name in "Hobie Brown". Still, I wish more would be done with him.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    One of the better costume designs in Spidey's world and a very cool character.....just a really awful and unfortunate name in "Hobie Brown". Still, I wish more would be done with him.
    What's wrong with Hobie's name.

Hobie is totally underutilized, and I for one would be using him a ton (comparatively) if I was writing the Spidey comics!

Dan Slott has said in the past that he loves the character, so I'm surprised we haven't seen more of him these past few years.

Anyone have any favorite Hobie stories?

-Pav, who really enjoyed his use in the post-Clone Saga Sensational stories by Dezago and Weiringo...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Seriously though, what's wrong with Hobie's name?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Seriously though, what's wrong with Hobie's name?
    Check you PM inbox. There are a few questions that I want to ask you.