Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default Crockett & Tubbs Investigate Drug Dealers, Zombies and More in "Miami Vice: Remix"

Joe Casey and Jim Mahfood reinvent an '80s icon, translating Michael Mann's cutting edge vision of Miami to the comic book page.

Full article here.

BANNED

I actually just finished reading the first issue and have to say, being a fan of the original show, it's not for me. I knew going in it wasn't going to be Miami Vice, thus the Remix in the title but I tried it. It is an interesting story and seems like it's got a lot going on so I still suggest it for anyone interested in an entertaining read. It's also a pretty serious book, don't let the art style fool you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raph84 View Post
    I actually just finished reading the first issue and have to say, being a fan of the original show, it's not for me. I knew going in it wasn't going to be Miami Vice, thus the Remix in the title but I tried it. It is an interesting story and seems like it's got a lot going on so I still suggest it for anyone interested in an entertaining read. It's also a pretty serious book, don't let the art style fool you.
    I'm the exact opposite - I was a lil young for the show to have been much more than a cultural footnote growing up, and I never watched it. But god damn, this comic is awesome. Really inspirational for me as a writer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by son of booyah View Post
    I'm the exact opposite - I was a lil young for the show to have been much more than a cultural footnote growing up, and I never watched it. But god damn, this comic is awesome. Really inspirational for me as a writer.
    That's great. Glad to hear you like it that much! I did think the story was good, and is leading into bigger things, but it's not what I was hoping for as a fan of the series. That doesn't mean it isn't interesting.

Fantastic Member wickedmountain's Avatar

This comic looks amazing