View Poll Results: Which of these Bat-books Were You Still Reading in March?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arkham Manor

13 16.05%
  • Batgirl

28 34.57%
  • Batman

45 55.56%
  • Batman and Robin

30 37.04%
  • Batman Eternal

36 44.44%
  • Batman / Superman

9 11.11%
  • Batwoman

5 6.17%
  • Catwoman

20 24.69%
  • Detective Comics

23 28.40%
  • Gotham Academy

28 34.57%
  • Gotham by Midnight

19 23.46%
  • Grayson

55 67.90%
  • Harley Quinn

13 16.05%
  • Red Hood and the Outlaws

11 13.58%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Batman
    Batman and Robin
    Batman: Eternal

Start: Batman, Batgirl, Batwoman, Catwoman
    End: Batgirl, Batman Eternal, Batman & Robin, Batwoman, Catwoman, Detective Comics, Grayson

I dropped BG after the first arc and up until #35 and I dropped CW when Nocenti came on up until the new team. I dropped Batman after Zero Year. Batwoman is (was) the last one standing from September 2011, so I guess that one wins. Voted for all three.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

My two favorites are by far Grayson and Gotham Academy. Both have a fresh flare and likeable characters. Close to them is Catwoman and Batman & Robin has gotten my interest again since Damian is back.
    I tried Batgirl for a while but never really got into it, tried it again after the artist change but I guess I just liked the Oracle identity too much for me to feel comfortable with her just yet.
    Red Hood and the Outlaws had amazing art and an interesting story line but after a while it lost my attention.

Fantastic Member

After buying a silly number of NewDC #1s I stayed with Batman, Detective, Batgirl and Batman/Superman (which I'd been following pre52) together with Justice League and Catwoman.
    About 1/2 into NewDC I stopped JL and Catwoman, making sure to do so if I wanted to restart I can go the tpb route without needing to pick up any missing issues.
    And right now I'm still with those original 4 series, having not taken up any new series (I'm getting Batman Eternal but with it being a limited series I'm not counting it). Having followed them for so darn long I can't imagine anything that would make me stop - DC comics must love people like me.
    With DC tpb everything now I can't imagine taking up any new series, however good. I'm a big Batman fan so (fingers crossed) anything important Batman-cannon-wise will take place in Batman and/or Detective, so I won't miss out on anything important. (the Death of Damien is an obvious exception, but I was never a fan so didn't mind missing out on that one - though did just eBay the he-croaked-it issue of Batman INC just to file it before all those Requiem issues in my collection. So while I might tpb some recent series, Gotham Academy and Arkham Manor (that's a defn maybe) I won't be following weekly anything - don't see the point. - DC comics must hate people like me.
    Of course, if a Spoiler series comes out I'll be jumping on that like a hungry gibbon, love that gal. - btw: if she snuffed it in Batman Eternal please don't tell me, I've still got to catch up on my Eternal issues (around 20 I think ), and spoilers suck.

Incredible Member

Started with

Batman
    Batman and Robin
    Batwoman till the creative team changed
    Nightwing off and on.
    Batgirl for first 10 issues or so
    Batman/Superman issues 1 to 4

Now I read
    Batman
    Batman & Robin
    Batman Eternal
    Grayson
    Batgirl
    Gotham Academy
    Gotham by Midnight

Will probably pick up the trades of Manapul's Detective run and the new Catwoman.

All in all, a much stronger lineup now imo

Same with Supes.

Extraordinary Member

The only ones I didn't drop at some point were INC and Eternal.

Well, at present Grayson looks like the clear favorite (40 votes), with Batman in second (31 votes) and Batman Eternal in third (24 votes).

Batwoman has the least votes (just four so far), followed by Batman / Superman and Red Hood and the Outlaws (seven votes each). Of those three, Batwoman ends with this week's Annual; Red Hood and the Outlaws is being replaced by Red Hood / Arsenal (with Starfire leaving for her own title), and Batman / Superman will be continuing in June.

I had been reading all of them at one point but as of March I'm down to just Batman, Batman and Robin and Batman Eternal.

As of today however, I'm down to just Batman.
    My Top 5 Comic Books I am reading are:

1. Velvet
    2. Black Magick
    3. Kill or Be Killed
    4. Lazarus
    5. The Fix

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, at present Grayson looks like the clear favorite (40 votes)
    42 votes now.

It is the answer to life, the universe and everything.

Glad to see Grayson doing well. It is a favorite of mine, but I didn't vote for it because it doesn't really, really, feel like a New 52 book. It, and books like the New Batgirl and Gotham Academy, I see more as a preview of things to come in the post New 52 landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    Glad to see Grayson doing well. It is a favorite of mine, but I didn't vote for it because it doesn't really, really, feel like a New 52 book.
    Funny thing, though . . .
    (1) it was published in March
    (2) it clearly says New 52 on the cover

Yes, Hoy, it's obviously a New 52 book, as are the others in the poll...

Key words it my above post are "I" and "feel".

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Batwoman has the least votes (just four so far), followed by Batman / Superman and [B]...
    Any thoughts on why Batman/Superman scored so low? I don't read it myself though I'm somewhat curious.
    Currently active comic book collection here.

Quote Originally Posted by EnterDuration View Post
    Any thoughts on why Batman/Superman scored so low? I don't read it myself though I'm somewhat curious.
    Maybe because it gets involved with Superman tie-ins?

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    Yes, Hoy, it's obviously a New 52 book, as are the others in the poll...

Key words it my above post are "I" and "feel".
    But it seems like you're penalizing a book you enjoy by not voting for it doesn't feel like other books on the poll, and that to me doesn't make sense.