I'm a Model UN delegate and one of the things that the top competitions do every year is have an invitation-only committee where the topic is revealed a few days ahead of time, all the participants are given characters, and we can act using our character's powers to try to achieve personal glory while also working together to achieve some mutual goals.

The final competition of the year starts on Thursday, which is also my final challenge after ten years of this. The topic was just revealed tonight. It was mostly revealed through a couple hints and puzzles, but by talking with a couple other people we are 100% confident that the scenario is:
We're the organized crime syndicate of Gotham, Anthony Garcia is a corrupt mayor under our thumb but also under serious investigation by the FBI. Batman is on our case.

So basically I'm an underground crime lord in Gotham and need to achieve as much power and glory as possible while staying alive.

Thing is, to be perfectly honest, I personally don't know anything about Batman. I'm sure I'm the first person to solve all the puzzles and deduce this, so I have a leg up on the competition because I actually have time to try to learn these things. I need a crash course in Gotham crime, the heroes and villains and mythology, the laws of nature and literary justice, what's possible and what's not.

Thus, here I am. Anyone want to help me out? I only have two days to learn this stuff and come up with a bunch of ideas for how to win. Just reading the wikipedia articles (or the comics themselves) would be too un-focused and take too much time. It's a big game. Batman fans, please prepare me for the fight of my life.