Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

that's at least recent as of 6 months ago.

so either lane misspoke, wacker misspoke, or a new deal has been struck and no one is mentioning it.

or we are not being provided the truth.

wacker mentions that there's no audience for an x-men cartoon series given the "dark tone" of the films. where does his conclusion come from on that one?

anyone have an idea of how WATXM was doing before it was pulled off the air?

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    that's at least recent as of 6 months ago.

so either lane misspoke, wacker misspoke, or a new deal has been struck and no one is mentioning it.

or we are not being provided the truth.

wacker mentions that there's no audience for an x-men cartoon series given the "dark tone" of the films. where does his conclusion come from on that one?

anyone have an idea of how WATXM was doing before it was pulled off the air?
    Actually, you make a fair point Wacker could've misspoke as well...I'll rephrase my post for accuracy...

4063272-9446304697-uSenH.jpg

Japan has been using Wolverine, Deadpool, Beast, Cyclops, Sabretooth, Storm, Iceman, and Surge with no problems strangely enough
    The show is still running and Wolverine/Surge episode and a Deadpool episode happened less than a year ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_...Avengers#X-Men

Amazing Member

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=55040

And there are no plans for an X-Men animated series. Aside from a few loud places online, I'm not sure there's much call for a kids show, given the tone of the films.
    It really annoys me how they always equate animated with Cartoons for Children.

They could easily gear an animated X-men towards the teen/adult comic readers or those of us who grew up watching TAS, the 90s Spiderman, and Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKnightExcalibre View Post
    Japan has been using Wolverine, Deadpool, Beast, Cyclops, Sabretooth, Storm, Iceman, and Surge with no problems strangely enough
    The show is still running and Wolverine/Surge episode and a Deadpool episode happened less than a year ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_...Avengers#X-Men
    And don't forget the X-Men and Wolverine anime licensed to Sony Pictures and produced by Madhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Actually, you make a fair point Wacker could've misspoke as well...I'll rephrase my post for accuracy...
    wacker gave the most thorough answer of the two, and i really cannot imagine that he of all people, would be confused as to the status of x-men.

is it possible that toy merchandise plays a part in this. does anyone know who owns the rights to toys?

Fox should do an X-Men show for FX.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

BANNED

Toys Merch are controlled by Marvel, not fox.

I think Marvel has and Fox has dual cartoon rights, but only Fox is allowed to produce a titled Xmen cartoon series. Maybe even Marvel has to pay Fox or maybe they're on bad terms right now and something changed.

Fox controls the Movie and Animated movie rights, and live action tv series rights.

I'm starting to think Marvel signed a bad contract with Fox and hates it.

It was a horrible contract, but I think Marvel was facing bankruptcy at the time. DC has it way better because I think WB owns everything DC.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

wacker gave the most thorough answer of the two, and i really cannot imagine that he of all people, would be confused as to the status of x-men.

is it possible that toy merchandise plays a part in this. does anyone know who owns the rights to toys?
    Ok this one is complicated.

DisMarvel owns the merch rights to anything based on the comics and (till proven otherwise) the cartoons.

The film merch though, is a different beast....

Marvel gets a cut of all the film merch, since they are the property holder (it's not massive though - I've posted articles about this in the Complex thread before), Fox gets the rest of the money, but also has to pay for all the manufacturing and marketing of that merch. Since the combined cost of the marketing, manufacturing and Marvel's cut, might out strip the potential sales - Fox might have decided film merch wasn't worth the effort.

Also, at some point one sued the other, because one company owed the other some back fees in licensing...Oh Fox and Marvel have such a happy relationship....sueing...counter-sueing...really it was always a match made in heaven...Although, if they never sued one another we'd never know anything....
    Last edited by Beezzi; 03-31-2015 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordonstar View Post
    Toys Merch are controlled by Marvel, not fox.

I think Marvel has and Fox has dual cartoon rights, but only Fox is allowed to produce a titled Xmen cartoon series. Maybe even Marvel has to pay Fox or maybe they're on bad terms right now and something changed.

Fox controls the Movie and Animated movie rights, and live action tv series rights.

I'm starting to think Marvel signed a bad contract with Fox and hates it.
    but we know that's not true though. FOX hasn't produced anything animated for x-men since 1997, when the original animated series wrapped.

everything else has been done with other studios in collaboration with marvel entertainment, not fox.

but we know that's not true though. FOX hasn't produced anything animated for x-men since 1997, when the original animated series wrapped.

everything else has been done with other studios in collaboration with marvel entertainment, not fox.
    Fox didn't even make the original series, that was Saban...Fox has never made an X-Men show...TAS has that awesome Saban mark of jitteriness to it. Anyone ever see Tenko and the Guardians of the Magic? They're like animation twins...

Production Companies for TAS...anyone see Fox Animation anywhere?
    Marvel Entertainment Group
    Saban Entertainment
    Marvel Studios (1997)
    —Animation—
    AKOM
    (South Korean Animation Studio)
    Philippine Animation Studio, Inc.
    (Filipino Animation Studio)
    Hong Ying Animation
    (Taiwanese Animation Studio)
    Distributor Saban Entertainment
    Genesis Entertainment

TAS was shown on Fox Kids, but then so was other Saban shows.

Oh and just so we're all clear - Fox doesn't have a television animation division. Fox's Blue Sky only makes animated films. Family Guy and The Simpsons aren't made by Fox.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 03-31-2015 at 09:16 AM.

BANNED

Still the last one was during the year Marvel was when bought out by disney?

But it's not like Marvel/Disney has to make Cartoons for Xmen if they don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordonstar View Post
    Still the last one was during the year Marvel was when bought out by disney?

But it's not like Marvel/Disney has to make Cartoons for Xmen if they don't want to.
    lying about it is another matter entirely. or if there's been some mistake in communication, they should have the opportunity to set the record straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Ok this one is complicated.

DisMarvel owns the merch rights to anything based on the comics and (till proven otherwise) the cartoons.

The film merch though, is a different ..
    thanks!

i asked because i was curious about the possibility of this being a young justice situation. they cancelled that well-rated series due to poor toy sales.

but this is clearly not the case here. marvel aren't producing any x-men toys for them to weigh cost-benefit against the animated show. because there is neither.