Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    thanks!

i asked because i was curious about the possibility of this being a young justice situation. they cancelled that well-rated series due to poor toy sales.

but this is clearly not the case here. marvel aren't producing any x-men toys for them to weigh cost-benefit against the animated show. because there is neither.
    Marvel produced toys for legend series. But yeahs fox gets merch money if it's the fox likeness. Oddly enoughy there was an Hot toys movie logan produced?

BANNED

thanks!

i asked because i was curious about the possibility of this being a young justice situation. they cancelled that well-rated series due to poor toy sales.

but this is clearly not the case here. marvel aren't producing any x-men toys for them to weigh cost-benefit against the animated show. because there is neither.
    Except there were WatXM toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Anyone ever see Tenko and the Guardians of the Magic?
    I thought I was the only one left who remembered this show.

BANNED

Also, what does Wolverine's solo outfit look like? He has a different uniform for when he's not with the X-Men?

I never knew that....How is that different from his X-Men one? No Xs on the belt buckle? It's a lighter shade of yellow? You learn something new everyday....

I wonder if Wolvie has loads of different versions of his uniform...Maybe a sparkly one for nights out on the town? A cotton one for hot summers?
    It has sleeves

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Since the question comes up in discussion now and then, figured I'd pass this along.

At the ECCC Marvel Animated panel, Vp of animation, Cort Lane, confirmed that the rights to do an animated X-Men series are owned by Fox.

So yeah, no loopholes there. Fox currently owns all movie and TV rights for the X-Men and a share of the merchandising rights. It really doesn't look like there's much Disney/Marvel can actually do with the franchise outside of the comics and possibly video games.
    Ah, Fox must had won the Rights from Marvel or Marvel gave them to Fox for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Except there were WatXM toys.
    so there were. march 2009-july 2009 released in one quarter all at once.

i wonder if there are sales data attached to these anywhere.

another question to ask for these is what was the availability to consumers? what outlets?

Quote Originally Posted by Gordonstar View Post
    It has sleeves
    NO WAY!? Sleeves? Totally gag me with a spoon...How totally groovy for Wolvie - I'd hardly recognise him. No wonder Marvel sneaked him past Fox completely under the radar...

BANNED

NO WAY!? Sleeves? Totally gag me with a spoon...How totally groovy for Wolvie - I'd hardly recognise him. No wonder Marvel sneaked him past Fox completely under the radar...

Not really, they probably can't use him in a blue wolverine costume or Marvel just gave fox the Cartoon rights back or Fox some how got them now. Or they traded for something else.

BANNED

so there were. march 2009-july 2009 released in one quarter all at once.

i wonder if there are sales data attached to these anywhere.

another question to ask for these is what was the availability to consumers? what outlets?
    Typical fare, I'd assume. I can confirm Wal-Marts and Targets, at least, because those are where I purchased the figures I have. They had the standard 4-8 foot shelving space that most themed figure sets get.

new evidence in the complex displays that the production company marvel contracted to produce WATXM was unwilling/unable to continue funding for the rest of season 2.

Fox controls the Movie and Animated movie rights,
    is this true? b/c after Big Hero 6 Im surprised Fox hasnt greenlit a teen X-Men animated film. Especially since theyve been having alot of flops/underpeformers lately(Rio2, Epic.)

BANNED

If this is true, I can kiss my hopes of an animated Squirrel Girl movie adios.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

If Disney wanted to rub Fox the wrong way it could push the X who are Avengers only in cartoons and toys just leaving out the term mutants and sweeping them under another blanket term for the superpowered.

I would buy Storm,Sunspot,Cannonball,Rouge,Havok,Penance,X23,t oys.. And I would not buy Beast,Logan or Hope but would love to see them all pop up in a cartoon even if it's Avenger themed. The X fans are getting desperate and a dark theme could work if we got a new X cartoon even kids respond well to heros who can lose or have characters die off.

http://www.leagle.com/decision/2001156155FSupp2d1_1156

The above is the most comprehensive discussion of the 1993 agreement. Fox owns the movie rights for both live action and animated movies and has to approve any live action TV series. Marvel owns the animated TV rights.

That's not to say that as with the legal dispute above, if Marvel launched an animated series that Fox for whatever reason thought infringed on their movie rights that Fox wouldn't take them to court so it's possible what Lane is talking about is it's complicated if they don't get official clearance from Fox on anything X-men related.

If you read the above, a lot of the back and forth in the case (Mutant X live program) was Fox and Marvel not just referencing the 1993 agreement but various drafts of that agreement to argue intent. It also makes clear that at one point Fox did have the animation rights and those rights reverted to Marvel but that's not to say that if Fox really wanted those rights they couldn't produce some old draft of the 1993 agreement and argue the intent was for them to retain those rights and that somehow it got left out of the final agreement. In the world of high priced corporate law, the Final Agreement is not the end all be all.
    Last edited by remydat; 03-31-2015 at 07:54 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    http://www.leagle.com/decision/2001156155FSupp2d1_1156

The above is the most comprehensive discussion of the 1993 agreement. Fox owns the movie rights for both live action and animated movies and has to approve any live action TV series. Marvel owns the animated TV rights.

That's not to say that as with the legal dispute above, if Marvel launched an animated series that Fox for whatever reason thought infringed on their movie rights that Fox wouldn't take them to court so it's possible what Lane is talking about is it's complicated if they don't get official clearance from Fox on anything X-men related.

If you read the above, a lot of the back and forth in the case (Mutant X live program) was Fox and Marvel not just referencing the 1993 agreement but various drafts of that agreement to argue intent. It also makes clear that at one point Fox did have the animation rights and those rights reverted to Marvel but that's not to say that if Fox really wanted those rights they couldn't produce some old draft of the 1993 agreement and argue the intent was for them to retain those rights and that somehow it got left out of the final agreement. In the world of high priced corporate law, the Final Agreement is not the end all be all.
    Thank you for finding this. I imagine it wouldn't be easy. I figured this was the case. It makes sense because at the time this agreement was signed, Marvel was still producing X-men cartoons and they were successful. Marvel had an incentive to keep those rights and I don't think Fox, at the time, wanted to front the capital for making an animated series. This also explains why there aren't any DTV X-men animated movies. Marvel can't do those under this agreement. Then again, Marvel has been very lax when it comes to their animated features compared to DC. After Ultimate Avengers and Planet Hulk, they kind of just scrapped that concept. So I don't think that issue really bothers them.

Also, I don't see why Fox would have a problem with making an animated series that wasn't directly related to their movie continuity. They don't have to pay for it. They don't have to market it. X-men gets exposure for free, which could help market their movies and TV shows if they decided to do them. So I don't see why that would be a hindrance to Marvel producing a new X-men cartoon. They still went to great lengths to produce a Spider-Man cartoon, albeit a very bad one. Considering all the resources they're pouring into these shows and the popularity that X-men still has, Marvel really has no excuse other than being overly petty with Fox.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.