Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    He's The Man Called Nova
    Wait, Hal Jordan is Nova?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Wait, Hal Jordan is Nova?
    Hal Jordan can be whoever he wants to be. lol

Just saw art for 18. David Baldeon's a great guest artist. I read Original Sin 1 today and loved it -very intrigued about The Orb. Love a good murder mystery. Downside NINO's in it but give him his due Mark Waid did a good job with Original Sin 0 - highlight this year so far alongside Hickman's Avengers...

He's The Man Called Nova
    To be precise Nova is Nova Centurion 1124944396 to be precise so there were 1124944395 candidates before him - of course I'd like to know who Nova 1 was but even after 35 years we still don't know. To most fans Rich and Nova Prime is number 1 just as Hal was to GL' fans so each to their own eh?

well we can geek out all we want..we all know Rich Rider has been the star of Nova for 36+ years (he is still the star of Nova IMO)

He's saved the corps and been the lone survivor on 3 different occasions. (Zorr kill off, Nebula Kill off, Anny Kill off)

Its great you may have just picked up the Nova story w/ Sam...grats for being one of the proud ..it was actually horrible continuity by DnA to show him as a cherry centurion in the Nova prologue. (IE one of x thousend as you mention, it was a small goof forgiven)

BTW this pagoda of nova helmets Sam is building looks weird.

Quote Originally Posted by nova3333 View Post
    To be precise Nova is Nova Centurion 1124944396 to be precise so there were 1124944395 candidates before him - of course I'd like to know who Nova 1 was but even after 35 years we still don't know. To most fans Rich and Nova Prime is number 1 just as Hal was to GL' fans so each to their own eh?
    I love the Man Called Nova title! If Rich dies then I hope he gets a Heisenberg moment and in that moment he will get the chance to scream in Thanos's face and then live up to his name and go supernova, that would be a fitting death.

When he comes back I hope he goes by Nova 616, even tho I do like the candidates thing. It really builds on top of whole the whole "The wrong man in the right place can make all the difference in the world"

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    well we can geek out all we want..we all know Rich Rider has been the star of Nova for 36+ years (he is still the star of Nova IMO)
    Although he was depowered and retired from superheroics for about 8 of those years, until the New Warriors started. He made the occasional appearance as an ordinary guy but he was out of the limelight for longer then than he has been this time. I suppose Frankie Raye would have gotten the "NINO" insults had there been an internet back then.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bug Eyed Voice View Post
    Although he was depowered and retired from superheroics for about 8 of those years, until the New Warriors started. He made the occasional appearance as an ordinary guy but he was out of the limelight for longer then than he has been this time. I suppose Frankie Raye would have gotten the "NINO" insults had there been an internet back then.
    True..cant argue with that

Quote Originally Posted by The Bug Eyed Voice View Post
    Those two characters have literally nothing to with each other, Raye was still called Nova in Silver Surfer while Rider was being called Nova in New Warriors! I actully think Raye came before Rider but that still means nothing, they have absolutely nothing to do with each other in any way shape or form, I don't even think they've ever been in the same room, issue, or cover together. Rider was depowered after becoming the savior of the Nova Corps.

Those two characters have literally nothing to with each other, Raye was still called Nova in Silver Surfer while Rider was being called Nova in New Warriors! I actully think Raye came before Rider but that still means nothing, they have absolutely nothing to do with each other in any way shape or form, I don't even think they've ever been in the same room, issue, or cover together. Rider was depowered after becoming the savior of the Nova Corps.
    I'm aware of all that, yes; just putting things in perspective on the "Rider has been Nova for 36 years" thing. In the 80s he was out of the picture for 8 years and the name was reused for an unrelated character.

I think there is some evidence they did have something to do with each other in terms (editorial wise) of the big picture of Nova's limited use in the 80s..but I'm not sure.

Getting back on topic of The Superior Nova and his tie-ins to Original Sin I still think that Sam will discover that while his father was a Nova it won't be all peaches and cream of heroic glory, especially with Rocket Raccoon guest starring again to more than likely shed some light on past adventures with Jesse.

Being a member of the Black Novas, Jesse Alexander was more than likely a part of numerous off the record black ops/wetworks type missions and if true that would definitely alter Sam's outlook of his father no doubt leading to tension when they are reunited once again. Should make for some good stories if things pan out that way.

I love the Man Called Nova title! If Rich dies then I hope he gets a Heisenberg moment and in that moment he will get the chance to scream in Thanos's face and then live up to his name and go supernova, that would be a fitting death.

When he comes back I hope he goes by Nova 616, even tho I do like the candidates thing. It really builds on top of whole the whole "The wrong man in the right place can make all the difference in the world"
    Absolutely true! Although in the plan for Nova619 - its more a difference for the entire mulitverse than just one planet. Even so - Rich is a true portrait of how an ordinary man can do extraordinary thing. Maybe Sam can do that one day too when he grows up a bit - he needs a few knock-downs to get his perspective as Nova into place a bit more so that i hope is what Original Sin can provide. I did by the way like the idea of Sam having a memorial/shrine for the fallen Novas - not weird as I suppose as he;s trying to honor the Corps in his own way.